Regrets

The passing week I decided to start fresh. Lock all feelings towards Fred deep, deep into the core of my heart and enjoy my time getting to know Adam, as a person. And it didn't take me long to slowly get attracted by him. He was kind and funny once you get to know him, not to mention gentle and polite. I didn't hear Hermione complaining about Krum either, so I guess she allowed herself to develop feelings towards him.

  I was having breakfast with Adam at my house table and discussing about the trip to Hogsmade today. He held a sweet with cream inside when suddenly it exploded in his hand and a bit of cream was dripping from his cheek. I laughed at the situation, but when I noticed I was making him uncomfortable I stopped and pecked him at the spot where the cream was. Realizing what I did he looked at me shocked and I giggled, causing him to smile a bit. I don't know why I did that, it was just a random move. I looked over to Griffindor's table knowing very well who did it. Fred looked at me with face matching the redness of the apple in front of him. He was still holding his wand, proving my theory that it was him. And when he noticed I was glaring at him his lips formed into a smirk and winked at me.

Two can play this game, Weasley! I was going to give him a hard time at Hogsmade.

    Later on that day I was walking with Adam to the Three Broomsticks Inn. We sat on a table and ordered Butterbeer. It was a popular wizarding beverage and to me it tasted a little bit like less-sickly butterscotch.

   Our orders arrived and we both drank from the mugs. While drinking I looked up to spot Fred Weasley with his gang, if I could call it like that for short. Putting down the mug I revealed my face and didn't hide the annoyance of seeing him. Sadly, the effect I got was him laughing for some reason at me. I looked at Adam with shocked expression and he chuckled as well.

"You have beer foam on your nose." I quickly blushed, imagining how I looked in Fred's eyes and wiped my nose.

"Is it off?" I asked and he gave me a nod.

  He was telling me about Durmstrang and what it was like there. Then started telling me funny stories of pranks he and the other students had played on teachers, and I laughed and laughed.

  What I didn't expect was the beer in my mug to explode on my face when I placed the mug on my lips. Beer was dripping from my hair and Adam looked at me shocked. But my eyes were piercing Fred right between his eyes. I wanted to wipe the grin on his lips.

"Is it normal for things to explode in here?" Adam joked trying to lighten up my mood, but it didn't help.

"Not that I am aware off." I answered between teeth and got up. "I'll go use the loo to get myself clean, excuse me." I sent Fred a death glare and he just scrunched his nose with a smile.

"Locomotor Wibbly." I whispered and secretly pointed my wand towards him, knowing he will probably follow me.

  Opening the door of the loo I heard a loud thud followed by breaking glasses and few female screams, coming from the direction of Fred's table. I grinned and closed the door behind me, exploding with happiness that I succeeded at jinxing Fred with the Jelly-Legs Curse.

  While washing my face I heard the door open and close. I looked at the mirror to see Fred's reflection. I quickly straightened up and took few steps back.

"What do you want, Weasley?" He didn't answer, he just took few steps towards me, causing me to lock myself in a position between the wall and his body.

"Fred, Adam is waiting for me, please step aside..." I spoke again and looked at him when he didn't move away.

"Tell me something, Daniels." He bent down so our faces were the same level. "Do you really want to go and be with him when you have someone like me offering his company to you." He was so full of himself that it repulsed me. No matter how seductive the whole situation was, no matter how I longed to just snog with him right this moment, I shut all that aside and pushed him away from me.

"Owh... Weasley, can you be more full of yourself than you already are? You ruined every chance of ever winning my attention and now you treat my affection towards Adam with sarcasm." I didn't care how rude I sounded, I hated how arrogant he was towards me this year and I've had enough.

  I walked pass him and stormed out the inn. My mouth opened in shock as I felt the cold rain hitting my skin. Great, could it get any worse? The moment I asked myself that question, I saw Fred walking outside too and look at me with strange expression on his face. I saw Adam putting on his coat on and grabbing my bag and jacket, and probably walked to the bar to pay the bill.

"So that's what you think of me?" He asked as his hair started to soak from the rain. "Thank you... for explaining so fully." I bit my lip from guilt that I maybe was too harsh, but the thought was quickly shoved away as he spoke again. "Perhaps you and your pride were the reason standing on my way towards you."

"Excuse me!?" I shouted, due to the fact the raindrops were so loud, that if I spoke quietly even I wouldn't hear myself.

"Do you expect me to show any kind of affection towards you when your pride is bigger than your eyes to see? I regret the day you hit me with that bloody frying pan, Daniels! Ever since then I was trying to get your attention, but you were just too difficult! And now you complain about me being full of myself!?" He shouted the same way and people around us stopped to watch the drama.

The door of the inn opened and Adam walked outside, but he saw in my eyes that I asked him to wait there and not get wet.

"And these are the words of a true gentleman, I suppose?" I laughed out, feeling insecure with my actions.

"Owh... please, Daniels! Like your actions were ladylike!" I saw how Adam walked towards us with unhappy look on his face, but I didn't want to make a full drama theater for the others, so I opened my mouth and said the words that were flying around my mind.

"From the moment I met you Weasley, your arrogance and selfishness were telling me that you would be the last man I will ever allow myself upon feelings!" I shouted that huge lie in his face and his eyes widened.

We stared at each other for a long time before Adam walked beside me and put my jacket on my shoulders.

"Let's go, Adam... please." I whispered and turned around, holding to his arm tight afraid I was going to fall into pieces on the ground.

This was the worst day I've ever experienced and I will probably regret it for the rest of my life.