Jealousy

Fred's POV

  After we were done with all the preparation for the event, dad said we had around two hours go around and look at the stores or hopefully find some of our friends around.

  We started as a group but at the end we all went to our separate ways. I was with George looking at some tiny figures of the Quidditch players. Soon Ronald rejoined us with his friends and Ginny. Of course, he was screaming like a fan girl at the little plastic figure of Victor Krum, the Bulgarian seeker. Me and George teased him for a bit but then my attention was dragged to someone I was in a weird way very attracted. This Daniels girl was on my mind constantly since I saw her this morning, not to mention the fact that she did pass my mind few times during the summer, or maybe several. It was weird how this book worm got my attention. Maybe it was her perfect, bright and warm smile, or her softly waved hair, or her deep blue eyes, maybe her nose that was moving in a very cute and funny way every time she spoke. Or the fact that she was beyond smart and was always bringing the good from the situation. She had many things that I liked but yet I still couldn't allow myself to make a move.

  She was at the store in front of the one we were at. Even when she wasn't smiling her lips were curved into a smile. Not moving from her spot she looked around the shop.

"It won't hurt you if you go and talk to her, Freddie." George's voice broke my trace after probably noticing at who I was staring for around two minutes.

I just gathered the strength to go and do it, since even my brother suggested it, when Cedric Diggory came from the other side of the shop with something in his hand. He gave it to her and the smile, that made even the sun envy her for it, came. I clinched my hands in fists as mixed feelings boiled up in me. Seeing how she hugged him to express her thankfulness made me wish I didn't give all my money for gambling.

"Why would I waste my time." I answered as if she was nothing interesting to me and placed my hands in my pockets.

George gave me a weird look but I ignored it. It wasn't like she was the only girl around.

"Well if you won't, I would like to waste mine in her company." And before I could ask what he exactly meant I saw George walk towards the shop she was at. I was about to follow him when I spotted a familiar face.

Paige's POV

  I just pulled away from the hug I gave to Cedric for buying me a scarf of the Ireland team, when George walked in the shop.

"Hello, Paige." I greeted him back with a smile on my face and since the shop got crowded the two of us walked outside. Cedric told me he wanted to get things for his friends, so he stayed inside.

We started talking about the event and found out that our seats weren't far apart, when all of the sudden he changed the topic.

"Would you like to come and stay at the Burrow with Hermione and Harry until we leave for Hogwarts?" Hearing that offer I couldn't control my lips that formed a huge smile on my face. "Should I take that as a yes?"

"Yes!" I laughed out. So many good things happened today that I started to fear I was just having a really good dream.

"Great, let's go tell the others." George laughed at my excitement and when I turned around I realized that it wasn't a dream.

Few steps away from us stood Fred and Angelina Johnson, a Griffindor from our year. I blinked few times at the picture of him spinning her around in the air and the happy smile on his face. Not that I wasn't glad to see him that happy, but a bit of a jealous ball formed in my stomach. Were they finally together? There were rumors around the castle last year about them and how they were a perfect match, but I somehow wished it wasn't true. I felt like the sunflowers, which were probably feeling the same way, when the sun was setting down and leaving them to the darkness of the cold night. The scarf from Cedric no longer kept me warm around the neck nor the invitation of George excited me that much.

"Paige?" I heard a female voice from beside me. Looking at the person who it belonged to I saw Hermione looking at me with a concern look. "Are you alright?"

I gave one last look at the joyful couple before return my attention to her.

"Yes, of course." I whispered with a smile, which I forced and sadly didn't fool her.

She looked to where my eyes pointed a second ago and quickly understood everything. She opened her mouth to say something that would probably encourage me, but I decided to pretend like everything was alright.

"George, invited me to stay with you guys at the Burrow till the end of summer." I smiled widely and she got the hint that I didn't want to talk about it.

"That's great, you'll just have to return home and get your things or maybe we can send an owl to your parents?"

"Better if I go back home and tell them a proper goodbye. Would you like to come with me? My parents would love to meet you." She gave me a nod and we started talking about other things until the time for the match came and we all took our separate ways again.