Best Thing

The first month of the year walked away and I dare say I only wished for February to end as quick as possible. Sadly, the only quick thing was the speed of Valentine's Day knocking on my door. I was not a fan of the holiday. I didn't like the idea of having a day in which you must bring your loved one a gift. In my opinion it will mean much more if the gift is given in some ordinary day, than in one particular in which it will be expected.
    I was calmly drinking my morning tea when the doorbell rang. I took a deep breath and got up to open the door. I was sure it was Fred, so I didn't care if I was still in my sleepwear. Mum and dad were off to work, so we actually had the house for ourselves, which meant trouble for me. But I already had a plan.
   Opening the door, my skin was caressed by the cold wind that came from outside. But that was not the reason why my heart skipped a beat.
"William?" The bright blue eyes deeply looked in mine, as if they were looking for some trace of flame in them to warm up.
"Hello, Mrs. Daniels." The nerves were cracking in his voice and I somehow pitied him. I felt bad, because I was responsible for the guilt he felt right now.
"No need to be so formal..." We stared at each other for a brief moment, until I spoke again. "Would you like a cup of tea?"
"Yes, please." He said it so fast, as if he feared that I might reconsider it.
"Come in then." I chuckled, trying to ease him up.
"Thank you." He walked inside and followed me closely behind.
   I left him in the living room, while I went in the kitchen to make more tea. I started thinking of the chance that Fred might come any second and explode from jealousy.
"So, what brings you here?" The question escaped my mouth the moment I walked inside the room.
He was standing in front of the fireplace, holding one of the frames with pictures of me, in his hand.
"I was walking around and spotted bakery shop, which for some reason reminded me of you." He was so honest and kind that it made me wonder how could he be on HIS side.
"Oh... I see." He placed the frame back to its place and sat on the chair that was facing me.
"Paige?" Our eyes met the moment I heard my name and I gave him a look telling him to continue. "Forgive me."
"Huh?" The puzzled look on my face made him stiff his posture.
"Forgive me..."
"About what, Will?"
"Everything... my mother, Fiona... me." His words were true, thou I didn't know the reason behind all of this.
"I-I..." I wasn't sure if I should lie and tell him that there is nothing to forgive, or forgive him. He looked at me with eyes begging my forgiveness, I felt pressured by them. "I forgive you, William." He replied with a nod and his gaze moved to the cup he was holding.
Then some chills ran all the way down my spine and before I could control myself the words came out.
"I think you should go." He looked at me in shock, but didn't hesitate.
Silently, he got up and we both walked to the front door.
"Thank you, Paige." He opened the door and gave me one last look before walking away.
   I returned in the living room to finish my tea when the doorbell rang. I exhaled in annoyance and went to open the door.
   This time it was George Weasley. What is he doing here? I started to wonder if they were pulling a prank on me or something. I was ready to expect even Adam, the guy from Durmstrang, to come after George.
"Morning, beautiful." He said cheerfully.
"Someone woke up in a happy mood!" I giggled and moved away from the door so he could enter. "Morning, Georgie."
   When I closed the door and turned around a bouquet of flowers poked gently my nose. I peeked from it, giving George a curious look.
"What? Can't I give you flowers?"
"Uhmmm... actually I don't think yo-..."
"It was a rhetorical question, Daniels." He quickly cut me off, but I still didn't accept the flowers. "Oh, come on, take them!"
"Thank you... you didn't have to." With that we walked inside the living room and before he could start talking I took the word. "Do you mind if I leave you here for a moment?"
"Actually, I do."
"It was a rhetorical question, Weasley." I smirked as he chuckled at my sharp reply.
   Without wasting any more time I walked upstairs to my room, so I could finally dress up in something normal for having company.
"Paaaige! I am getting very lonely down here!" I heard the ironic voice of George call from downstairs. I shook my head in disbelieve and walked out of my room.
"I was gone just for few minutes, Weasley."
"So... did you expect me?" I gave him a puzzled look and he continued. "You've set the table." He pointed at the tea cups and because William didn't drink from his tea it looked like I was expecting someone.
"Well..." How could I say it without sounding rude? "I expected someone else, to be honest."
"I know." The devilish grin on his face made me fear that he was up to something. "Don't worry, he will come soon. I just wanted to stop by and thank you, before he arrives."
"Thank me? About what?" From where was all this coming from today? Was I dreaming?
"For being part of my life." I didn't know how to reply to that. George was acting strange for the last year towards me and I honestly wasn't sure what was the reason behind it.
"I don't understand." He chuckled at my clueless expression, which made me blush.
"Do you remember how Fred blew up one of our creations in the pot and we got detention?"Just remembering the shocked face of his twin, and the ashes that covered his face and hair made me smile brightly. "Thank you." He chuckled and thanked me calmly.
"For what?"
"For that." He pointed at my smile, which made my cheeks warm up and my smile to fade away.
George looked at me for few seconds before coughing and getting up from the chair. "I will leave you now." He came to me and bend down, placing his soft lips on the top of my head.
    Stunned at my seat, I couldn't manage to get up in time and escort him to the door. The shutting sound made me snap out of my trance and I looked around the room as if it was unfamiliar.
"What's going on?" I whispered to myself and got up to place the flowers in vase.
Nothing made any sense. I just hoped that the next ring on the door will be my boyfriend and no one else. The tea had gone cold by all the unexpected guests, so I cleaned up the table and sat on the sofa to read a book. It wasn't long when the doorbell rang again.
   I opened the door with fear that it might be someone else, but luckily I was lifted up by the strong arms of Fred Weasley. My happiness was so huge that it was finally him that I hugged him tightly and gave him butterfly kissed all over the face.
"Someone is happy to see me." He chuckled when I was done kissing him.
"You have no idea." I hugged him tightly and hid my face in his neck. Suddenly, I became so happy that I started sobbing from it.
"Hey, hey!" He pulled me away and held me by the shoulders. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing... I am just so happy and grateful to have you." Emotions were floating from me and I blamed it on my pregnancy. Fred smiled and pulled me back in his embrace.
"I love you, Daniels." I sobbed loudly as I heard those words.
"You are an idiot, Weasley."
"W-what?" I pulled away and gave him a look mixed with anger and tender.
"You heard me!" Hormones were flying around me, making me act like I was crazy. "Do you have any idea what I went thru, just to be with you?"
"I could ask you the same thing, Daniels." He gave me a puzzled look.
"There were times I honestly wanted to erase you from my life..." Standing there, enjoying my moment of confusing him was priceless. "But now I am glad I never did..." I wrapped my arms around his neck and got on my toes, so I could look him straight in the eyes. "Because, honestly you turned around to be the best thing I ever had." The smirk I gave him, made Fred calm down and smile.
"Why you..." He messed my hair, causing me to let out a chuckling scream. "You made me think you went mental for a moment back there."
"Hey!" I have him a pouty face at which he laughed and we both went in the living room.
  I lied telling him that I was in that time of the month leaving him sad with his perverted thoughts, but beside that I had wonderful day with him. I was surprised how much of a prankster my pregnancy was today.