One Day I Will Leave You

Fred's POV

"That's three Galleons, nine Sickles, and a Knut. Cough up." I said to my younger brother, which made him stare at me with wide open mouth.
"I am your brother!" He whined and tried to get the candies from my hand, but I quickly pulled away.
"And that's our stuff you're nicking." He grunted and left the shop.
I followed him with my eyes and then I spotted a familiar, beautiful face. I walked to the window to get a closer look and then my mouth opened from shock. She was walking with him, hand in hand. Laughing and smiling, everything I wanted to do with her. I felt how my stomach formed into a tiny ball and I found it hard to breath. I wouldn't blame her, I hurt her and she deserved happiness, but I just believed I had a chance. My stare seemed to get her attention and her eyes met mine.
"I'll be right back, stay here." She pecked his cheek and quickly walked inside the shop.
I swallowed the "rock" in my throat as I heard the door bell as she opened the door. She looked around to see that it was only me and gave me her bright smile.
"You're with William." The words just escaped my mouth without even thinking.
"I-I..." She bit her lip from guilt.
"It's alright... It's my fault any..." But she cut in.
"No, Fred... it's just that Will..."
"I'm not such a fool as to imagine that I might stand a chance." I looked at the handsome looking man outside the street who was waiting for her. He was everything I was not, and probably the better choice for her. But I just couldn't let go of her. "One day I will leave you. You can be sure of that." I forced a smile, but hers never appeared. I saw how tears formed in her eyes and before she could let them fall she ran out the store and back to her lover.
I stood at my place and looked how she was walking away, slowly getting lost in the crowd. I knew her suitor had advantages that I didn't have and I knew that I stood no chance to stand and wait around for her to pick one of us, especially since she made her choice. But there was something that still didn't give me the heart to let go of her.

Paige's POV

One day I will leave you. His words kept repeating in my mind. I was holding Will's hand and listened to his stories when he stopped in front of a small bakery shop.
"You love sweets, right?" I blinked few times before giving him a nod.
"Wait here." He left me standing in the street and I watched how he bought several donuts and cupcakes. He was very happy for the last few days. His smile was brightly shinning on his face every time he looked at me and I couldn't be more grateful for that.
"Close your eyes." He said with a smirk playing on his lips and I did as he said. "Now open your mouth." I smiled and bit my lip before obeying him. And in a second I felt how he placed a piece of the sweet in my mouth. Strawberry flavor hit my tongue and I won't lie, it was delicious.
"Do you like it?"
"Mmm..." I gave him the sign I did as I swallowed and he chuckled.
"Try this one?" I quickly opened my mouth again and the banana flavor took over me.
"Owh, my! This is delicious!" I opened my eyes and searched for the sweets in his hands.
"Paige?" He said my name so gently and with so much love that I couldn't resist to it and smiled widely.
"Yes, Will?" He left the sweets on the coffee table that was part of the bakery and took my hands in his. I looked at the sweets with sad eyes, because I wanted more, but his voice made me turn my attention back to him.
"I want to show you something." And before I could agree to it he led me to the place. I looked back to where he left the delicious food and I felt like crying like a little kid, but Will's enthusiasm seemed more attractive than them.
We stopped in front of some old wooden building and I gave him a puzzled look.
"We are here, but first I need you to close your eyes."
"More sweets?" I chuckled out, not believing that he might be able to get anything from that building.
"No, better." Without any more words I closed my eyes. I heard the doors crack open and then he took my hands and carefully helped me walk into the building. It was dark and quiet.
"Can I open them?" I asked when I felt his hands let go of mine.
"No, not yet." I heard him walk around the room and then light hit my face when I heart curtains being pulled.
"Will, what are you doing?" I laughed and felt nervous of what may be up in his mind.
"Alright, open them." I slowly did as he said and then my mouth opened widely before turning into a huge smile.
I was surrounded by pile of books, fountain of books, everything around me was books. I looked at William with questionable look and he smiled at me.
"Do you like it?"
"I love it. It's wonderful." I felt in heaven, no sweets could compare what I felt right now, nor would I trade it for any muffin or donut.
"You can come here anytime you want." He came to me and took my hands in his. "It's our family personal library... it used to be book store, but mum closed it." I looked in his eyes with gratefulness and joy. And then it hit me, his mother... my smile slowly faded away, knowing that she wouldn't allow someone like me wandering around freely in the library.
"I can't..." I looked away. All the books that I was begging with my eyes to read.
"I insist." His finger pulled my face back to him so I could see how serious he was.
Maybe it won't be such a big deal? My seduced mind whispered to me and my smile returned back to my face.
"Well... if you insist." I chuckled out and he leaned down for a kiss which I gladly accepted.
For the next few hours I left him sitting on the sofa while I was wandering around, looking at all the books who awaited me. I couldn't express my happiness, I was like a puppy taken out for a walk. And then out of nowhere Fred's words flew back to my mind. No, Paige! Leave the past in the past. I looked at William and realized that he was every girl's dream and I was lucky to be with him, and to be clearly loved by him. Only time could tell if I could fall in love with him, as well.