Fix it

The next day everything returned back to its usual track. I somehow couldn't stop smiling since morning. It was something that made me happy, but at the same time guilty. Happy because William's present was something I somehow I always wanted to have, and guilty because I was happy by the present of someone else, not by my boyfriend's. I did know that Fred's gift was probably the best, but since I didn't get it I couldn't stop myself from enjoying Will's present.
   Workday was almost over and I was cleaning my desk when William came out of his office.
"You never told me, Paige." His calm and kind voice rang in my ears, as he half sat on my desk edge.
"Told you what?" I questioned with a puzzled look, but the smile on my lips was creeping out.
"Did you like the present?" He grinned and waited for my reply.
"Yes... I have always wanted such book." My answer came out fast as flash. So fast that it made him laugh, causing me to blush slightly.
"I don't know why, but when I saw it, your smile somehow popped into my head, I am glad I gave you something you wanted so much."
   The book was simply a cooking book, but to me it was more than that. It was the taste of Hogwarts, since it had more than 150 magical recipes. All of my favorite cakes and muffins... now I could learn how to make them. Just thinking of it made me smile.
"Maybe one day you could make something for me from it?" He teased pulling me out of my thoughts.
"I will probably poison you, are you sure about that?"
  We kept on joking and teasing, until a throat clearing noise came from the corridor. The two of us stopped laughing and quickly turned our heads to the direction from where the noise came. Leaning on the wall was Fred, with very unpleasant look on his face. His hands were crossed showing annoyance and his lips were tightly shut.
"Fred! W-What are you doing here?" I didn't mean it to sound that way, I regretted it the moment it came out of my mouth, but I would only make it worse if I start explaining what I meant.
"What do you think I am? I waited for you around ten minutes, when you didn't show up I decided to check if everything is alright, I guess you weren't busy with work." I have completely forgot what the jealous Fred was like, and I wasn't happy to see him back.
"I'll see you tomorrow, William. Have a good night." I politely excused myself and walked past Fred who followed me.
   On our way home we didn't speak a word. The wind was blowing, whistling it's song as the snowflakes danced to it. A dance that reminded me of the day the two of us got together. The day I danced with Cedric. There wasn't a day that I didn't think of him, I don't know why, but he never seemed to disappear from my memories. I sometimes wished I could be a time-traveler, so I could return to the time when we danced, or when we studied together. I knew that would probably make Fred mad, if he found it out, but I guess we all have our little secrets.
"It wasn't long time ago when I told you that one day I will leave you, Daniels." Fred blurred out all of the sudden, snapping me out of my thoughts. His words hit a nerve, I haven't done anything to be reminded of that.
"Are you threatening me, Wealsey?" I stopped at my tracks with angry expression on my face, causing him to stop as well and turn around to face me.
"Should I?" He spat and clenched his fists.
"No." The bold way I said it made his face lines soften a bit, and he looked away ashamed by his behavior.
"Then why were you staying with him, laughing and chatting, after your working time?" He returned his gaze at me once again, with more fierce in his eyes, probably remembering the picture he saw of me and William at work. I could see he was battling with himself, but that didn't excuse his behaving.
"We were talking about the gift he b-" I stopped myself from continuing after realizing that I just made things worse now.
"He bought you a gift?!" This time he didn't hide his anger. It made me take a step back from him, taken aback from the loud way he questioned me.
"Yes... I didn't even know he was going to, he just came at my house and gave it to me!" I tried to defend myself, but realized I made it even more worse.
"Is that it?" He laughed out. "Should I prepare myself for an eventual gift from him for you at Valantine's day? Huh, Daniels?" I wanted to slap him across the face, but I did feel bad for making him feel that way. "Should I expect him in your bed as a present for me?" That did it. Without controlling my reaction my hand found its way towards his cheek and slapped him hard, leaving a red mark on his skin.
"Many things you were, Wealsey! But that crossed the line!" I couldn't believe what his jealousy made him say. I couldn't believe he gave in to that feeling again, after the wonderful time we had for months.
"Maybe you are the one who crossed it, Daniels?"
"How on earth did I do that, Weasley?!" I didn't know where all this was coming from.
"I allowed you to work with him, that didn't mean I liked it. Now seeing that, makes me regret it!"
"And you think that you could stop me? I wanted the job, I needed it, so I would've accepted it with or without your permission. You are not my owner, Weasley!" I have never in my life been so furious, I shouted at him without hesitation. I hated the words he spoke, I hated the fact that from the grownups we turned into the teenagers who didn't trust each other.
"Then who is it, Daniels?" I bit my lip fighting back the urge to reply, but this had to end. I turned around, but as I took a step away from him he spoke again. "Dawson, perhaps?" I took a deep breath, and the next moment turned around aiming with my fist at his face. It was so fast that he couldn't react and my fist directly crashed on his nose.
"To no one, Weasley!" With that I walked away as fast as I could. At my fifth step I felt bad for breaking his nose, but I was mad at the same time.
   I just crossed the street when out of nowhere he popped in front of me with bleeding nose. I cursed the fact that he could apparate freely.
"Fix it." He demanded with low voice, his eyes focused on mine. We were lucky that no one else was on the street, because they would probably think he was a criminal and would arrest him.
I exhaled quietly and pulled out my wand.
"Episkey." And the familiar cracking noise came, followed by the fixing of his nose. If it could only be that easy to fix other things as well.