A Little Chaos

Fred Weasley's girlfriend, Fred's girl, Weasley's girl...

"Miss Daniels!" A voice added to my thoughts. No, no... that's how teachers call me... what about Miss Weasley?

"Miss Daniels!" This time the person shouted my name so loud that I jumped from my seat. I looked at the Professor and chuckled at how I probably looked during my daydream.

  It was the end of spring, the Second Task had pass and I was almost four months together with Fred and everything was perfect. No more drama, no more hidden feelings and no more pain. I sometimes doubted this whole thing was real. And I couldn't be more grateful to Cedric for making Fred go outside that night at the Yule Ball. I was having a hard time choosing a side for the last task that was coming tomorrow. All my friends were supporting Harry and he was my friend as well, but Cedric was way closer friend than him. Of course, I didn't tell anyone , especially Fred, that I secretly wished Cedric to win.

   At lunch I sat at Ravenclaw's table since my friends weren't at the Great Hall. And while eating fear took over me. I've read about the past Triwizard tournaments and one in particular. In 1792 one of the tasks involved catching a cockatrice. It was a magical creature resembling a rooster with a lizard's tail. Unfortunately, the cockatrice broke free and went on a rampage that injured the Headmasters of the schools.
  We were all informed of the Third Task and what it was going to be, what worried me were the creatures that were put in the maze. I remember how badly injured was Cedric from the First Task and I couldn't help but worry about the upcoming one.

"Hello, Paige." I heard someone call from behind and sit beside me. Looking up, I smiled at the face of Cedric Diggory.

"Hello there."

"Want to join me for a walk?" I guess spending time with him will calm me down, so I thought why not.

I gave him a nod and grabbed my books.

"Give them to me, I'll put them in my bag." I hesitated but he insisted and took them.

  On our way to the courtyard he was telling me about how nervous and excited he was about the upcoming day. I was wrong when I thought that spending time with him will calm me down, it made me even more worried. He noticed how I was walking and looking at the ground, just listening to him and nothing more. He stopped and turned around facing me with a concerned look.

"What's wrong, Paige?" I placed my hand on the colonnade for support and looked in his eyes.

"I am afraid something bad may happen..." I mumbled and he leaned with his chest on the other side of the colonnade.

"Why are you afraid?" He chuckled trying to make me feel better.

"I don't want you to get hurt..." I looked ashamed at the ground that I confessed such thing towards him, I knew it was wrong, but I guess my mother was right when she once told me that we can't lose the sympathy towards our first serious crush or even love, depending on how strong our feelings were towards the person.

  He leaned closer and I felt the edges of his hair tickle my forehead. The moment was quiet but somehow right in order, the bell for the next class to start rang long time ago and everyone was in the classrooms. Everyone, except for the two of us. I knew how this may seem if someone spotted us right now, but the worst thing was that I didn't mind him being so close to me.

"Paige..." Please don't say my name so kindly, please... you're making me hate myself. I begged him in my mind.

"Ay, you two over there, don't you have classes to attend to? Get it moving, before I call some of the Professors!" We heard Filch yell at us from the distance.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered and walked away from Cedric, leaving him still leaning on the colonnade.