Second Heart

With everything around me time passed by quickly. The snow was long time gone replaced with the blooming life of nature. I felt like spring as well, in the past months I realized that life was blooming inside of me and all of my energy was focused on it. All of my thoughts and dreams were facing towards that little life that was growing inside of me, my second heart.
    It was the early hours of the day when my mother and I went to the hospital for my ultrasound hour. We were both excited to finally know what the baby will be. The doctor was kind and very gentle at her work, so we fully trusted her. My stomach had grown a bit for four months, but it wasn't so recognizable. The doctor prepared everything and soon my mother and I were brought to tears with bright smiles on our faces. It was a girl... I was having a girl. We watched her on the screen next to me, she was so peaceful, far away and unaware of the danger the world around us was providing. It was my job to protect her, I was her mother. I had to tell Fred.
    When we walked outside the hospital we immediately started to daydream of our little girl, my mother was talking with tears in her eyes the whole time. I haven't seen so much joy in one person in a very long time and I liked the feeling I was getting by just looking at her.
"Mum, you go home, I will go to work and tell Fred." She stopped at her tracks and took my hands in hers.
"Everything will go well, don't worry." She pecked my forehead and we took our separated ways.
    I excused myself from work for today, telling Fred that I was having a fever, but of course it was a lie. I knew I was about to face a very angry face when he finds out I was hiding it from him for such a long time, but I felt like today was the day, like nothing could ruin this beautiful and cheerful day.
Finally, I reached the store, but something didn't seem right. The street wasn't so lively like before, the shop wasn't ringing with laughter.
"Hello?" I called out when I opened the door. "Fred?" I said louder and then two voices were talking upstairs. I figured that they belonged to the twins, so I rushed upstairs and opened the door to the office with a smile, but it quickly died when I saw Fred holding his head with both his hands while sitting, and George looking out from the window he was standing by. They looked smashed.
"Paige? What are you doing here?" Fred got up and walked to me with a bit of flame in his eyes. "I thought you weren't feeling so well today?"
"I-I..."
"What is it, Daniels?!" His hands were clenched into fists and he was holding a destructive force inside of him.
"I-I came here to tell you-..."
"Tell me what, Daniels?!"
"Fred, stop it, it's not her fault!" His brother came from behind him and pulled him by the shoulder.
"What's going on?" I looked both of them with scared look on my face.
"We are closing the shop..." George said, trying to remain calm and keep his voice low.
"Why? What happened?"
"The Ministry forced us to close it..." Fred spat the words between teeth, but was still looking away.
"But why?"
"We are being suspected to be You-Know-Who's enemies." George answered, but I could tell there was more.
"We have to move out from the Burrow..." Fred added clearing things up for me.
"Where will you go?"
"We don't know still, Paige. We are going to discuss it with the rest of the family at home." George looked down at the floor, ashamed from the tears in his eyes.
"You can always move to our house at Staithes." I hugged them both tightly, but I was sure it didn't calm their thoughts at all. "It will all work out fine in the end."
"Thank you, Paige." George spoke up and pulled away from the hug, causing me to take a step back.
"What did you want to tell us, anyways?" Fred finally looked up to meet my eyes.
"I-I..." I shuttered, doubting myself again. The darkness stole all of my bright thoughts. "I c-came to tell you that I am feeling alright and I can work today." I had to lie, how could I tell him at this time. He will only get mad. I just couldn't.
"Well... we won't be working anymore, I guess. So you are free to go back home." He literally sent me away, he didn't need me. I won't deny it, it actually pained me a bit.
"Alright, I am sorry..." I mumbled and walked out the room, leaving them both to their silence.
   On my way back home I was thinking of how big was the chance for this to happen today. Why every time I was gathering some strength inside of me, something had to shut me down.
"I'm home." I called out when I walked inside my house.
Mum came quickly in the corridor and took the coat from my hands.
"So how did it go?" Her smile was so precious to me, she somehow was my only source of happiness right now.
"He-He was speechless at first..." I couldn't tell her what happened, I knew soon the Order will call us all to confront the Dark Lord and that was something she must not find out. "But then he realized that he was going to be a father and he got happy."
"See! I told you he will take it well and that you have nothing to fear from."
"You are always right, mum." I hugged her tightly, trying to remain emotionally calm.
"Oh, honey..." She pulled away and gave me a kind warm smile. "I'll go make some tea, you go change into something more comfortable."
    I did as she said and while we drank the tea, we spoke again about the baby. When dad got back home we greeted him with the news and he laughed with tears in his eyes. Their happiness was now providing me with such energy that I even forgot I could posses. They gave me hope, that even in dark times there is still going to be something good to shine down and pierce the darkness.