Hide and Seek

Soon Ginny's birthday came. I was getting ready to apparate to the Burrow when an owl came to my window, delivering another of William's letter. He was trying to contact me for the past few days, but I thought that if he really wanted to talk he could just come home and do so. It did feel weird to be so cold towards somebody, but I've had enough of people who weren't willing to fight for me or stand their ground for me. I took the letter from the bird and it quickly flew away, while I left the envelope on my desk where the other letters were.
Closing my eyes I apparated in front of the Burrow and music messed with laughter hit my ears. I was about to open the front door when someone did it from the inside and took me in a warm embrace.
"Happy Birthday, Ginny!" I laughed out, surprised by her excitement. I told her my wishes and she thanked me allowing me to enter inside.
There I was attacked by another pair of arms wrapped around me.
"Hello, Hermione!" I knew we lost touch with her during the last year, but none the less she was still my best friend, simply because we didn't need to be together every day to know we could trust each other with our secrets.
I exchanged hello's with the rest of the guests and then my eyes widened while a smirk played on my lips by seeing Ginny holding Dean Thomas's hand. Their fingers were tangled together and the bright smile on her face reminded me how pure and innocent love actually could be. She giggled at me with blushing cheeks and I winked at her. Harry on the other hand looked a bit miserable, but it was hard to notice it.
"Paige Daniels!" I heard a loud female voice coming from the kitchen. Turning my head I spotted a smiling Molly Weasley with hands on her hips. "Explain yourself! Why weren't you visiting us anymore?!" I walked to her quickly and hugged her, not answering her question.
"Hello, Molly." She chuckled and wrapped her hands around me hugging me tight. I couldn't help, but compare her to Emily. If only she had Molly's heart.
"Dear Merlin, Paige is that you?" Arthur's voice came behind Mrs. Weasley.
"Hello, Mr. Weasley." He looked at me from head to toe and smiled.
"Now I see why Fred regrets his actions." I smiled uncomfortably at him and reached out my hand to greet him, but he took me in his arms and hugged me as well.
Soon the real party started and we were out in the courtyard, eating, laughing, dancing. Well they were dancing, I was too busy enjoying the food. A sharp and short noise came from behind and Ginny squeaked from happiness.
"Happy Birthday, Ginny!" Two voices said in union and I knew to who they belonged. I quickly dropped the chicken leg and looked around for a tissue to wipe the greasy from my fingers and mouth. I was about to swallow when I felt the presence of someone on my left.
"Hello, Daniels." I slowly swallowed and turned my face to see Fred, smiling down at me. I stared at him without answering, with spread fingers not daring to touch anything. He chuckled at my goof behavior and took a napkin from his pocket. Fred bent down and placed his hand on my jaw line making me stay still, while his other hand wiped away my mouth. I stared at him wide eyed while he softly looked at my mouth. When he was done with my face, he cleaned my hands and I felt my face burning from embarrassment by the way he gently held them.
"You look beautiful in that dress." I looked down at myself completely forgetting what I was wearing. He knew that dress and I guess he actually liked it, since he complimented me about it one more time.
"Thank you."
"Paige!" A cheerful voice came towards us. Turning my head I saw George.
"Hello, George." I smiled with closed eyes and got up to greet him with a hug, but before I could do so I was lifted up and stun around.
"George put me down! I'll return the food I ate if you keep spinning me." Laughed out and he did as I said, but still kept his arms wrapped around my waist.
"You look beautiful."
"Thank you." I blushed at his compliment and he then walked away to greet his parents.
In few hours my favorite part of the birthday parties came. Molly walked towards the table with a huge cake in her hands, and my eyes sparkled with flames of joy. We sang the birthday song and Ginny blew the candles, but I would like to skip on that part and tell you how delicious the cake was. I ate my piece in one breath. Fred and George who were sitting from both sides of me stared at me in shock.
"Seriously, Daniels..."
"How do you eat so much..."
"And stay fit." They finished the sentence in union.
"It's a gift from the heavens." I said dramatically and rested my back on the chair.
When everyone was done eating the twins suggested playing games and Ginny chose hide and seek, since it was the most harmless game they offered. I sat at my chair and looked at them setting the rules when all of the sudden two arms hooked my own and pulled me up.
"You don't think we will let you observe from safe distance, Daniels, do you?" Fred whispered in my ear.
"Don't you want to have fun with us, Paige?" George whispered in my other ear and I quickly blushed taking it with double meaning. I felt like we were back in school and they were teasing me like the old times.
"So who will be the wolves and who will be the lambs?" I gave them a puzzled look.
"Paige, haven't you played wolves and lambs?" I thought they were going to play hide and seek.
"Uhm no?"
"Well it is almost the same as hide and seek, but instead of all hiding and only one looking for the rest, there are two teams." She started explaining, but the twins cut in.
"The first team are the lambs, trying to hide..." George ran around me, pretending to be scared.
"While the second team are the wolfs, trying to find the innocent and frighten lambs." Fred came from behind me wrapping arms around my waist and biting my neck.
I jumped from his hands and touched the spot he bit me. I felt how my face was burning, which caused the twins to laugh loud.
"Just like the good old times." Fred chuckled out and high fived his twin.
"So it's basically hide and seek?" I looked at Hermione who gave me a nod. "Well alright then... shall we begin?"
"A ta ta!" George came in front of me and poked two times my nose with his index finger.
"We first must make the teams." The twins exchanged looks.
"We are wolves!" They both shouted out and quickly Dean and Harry joined up their team. Soon the only boy who wasn't a wolf was Ron. Poor Ron, they won't stop teasing him after the game.
"You better watch your back, Daniels."Fred crept from behind and whispered seductively in my ear. My heart raced so fast and loud that I could hear it in my ears. "I am coming for you, little lamb." He added and pulled away from me walking to the rest of his team.
What have you gotten yourself into, Paige?