Memories

It was the last day of Christmas vacation which me and my mum spent in randomly shopping around the London's street stores. It wasn't something to be joyful about after the second hour. Mum was shopping with the speed of a turtle. And things got ever worse when she met a friend of hers in one of the stores. After 30 minutes of standing, doing nothing but waiting for them to say their bye's, I gave up and told her I am going home.
  On my way I decided to stop by at one of my favorite bakery stores. Of course, I bought sweets and with a happy smile I walked outside and back to the street where someone came behind me and scared me so much, with a creepy "Hello, Daniels.", that I almost dropped my precious muffins and cupcakes.
  I turned around to see who it was, after being sure none of my sweets were in danger, and to my surprise my eyes met the one and only Fred Weasley.
"What are you doing here?!"
"I am glad to see you too, Daniels." He raised his eyebrow at me, shocked of my surprise.
I bit my lip from embarrassment, after realizing that it wasn't really nice asking such question.
"I'm sorry... I just never expected to meet you out in the streets of London." My words brought a smile on his face, which calmed me down and made me smile as well.
"We are not at the Burrow this year... we are... uhm... we are staying in London." He got nervous and which gave me the hint that he was hiding something.
"Aaalriight." I said in a way which showed him that I knew he was not telling me everything, but I wasn't going to bother to find out. "So... how's your dad?" I knew of the accident that happened few days before Christmas break with his father.
"He's good..." We started walking down the street and since he didn't know any place, I decided to lead the way to a small park. "Thank Merlin, Harry saw what was happening, so they could save him... we had an amazing Christmas, although mum was constantly asking if he was alright." He chuckled those words out, but I knew how worried he was too.
"I am glad to hear he is getting better." I looked down at my bag with sweets and realized I haven't offer him any... the little git in me was telling me that Paige doesn't share food, but luckily the good me was way bigger, so I pulled out a muffin.
"Do you want a muffin?"
The way his hand touched my skin on the process of taking the sweet from it, sent electricity all over my body.
"It's good..." He managed to say while munching. "So... did you get my present for you?" He asked after swallowing.
I instantly blushed and thanked the winter weather which was making my cheeks and nose red anyways, so he wouldn't notice.
"Uhm... ye...I did." His silence gave me the hint that he wanted to hear my thoughts on it, so I added. "It was a unique present... no one has ever made such a gift for me."
"Well... it's one of the things that remind me of you actually." He chuckled out and I joined the laugh.
"A frying pan?"
"Yes... don't you remember the night at the kit-"
"Yes, yes, yes... no need to remind me of it." I cut him off, even thought it was one of my most treasured and funny moments, I preferred to shut it out, because it was simply bringing back old feelings.
"You know, because of it I decided to get to know you better..." He was walking with hands in his pockets and not daring to look at me, just looking forward. "It is one of the smartest things I ever did, Daniels." I pulled out a cupcake and started to eat it, feeling nervous of his words.
"Well... what you did after that wasn't very smart, Fred..." Chuckling out these words in a nervous way which made both of us quiet for a couple of minutes.
  I watched how the snowflakes were falling around us as we walked around the park and a memory from the Yule Ball flashed in my mind. I remember how I watched them fly around, dancing in the air, until they melt. Did me and Fred melt, or we are still dancing? Are we drove apart by the wind, yet still dancing around, waiting to meet again for a second dance?
"Let me walk you back home, you nose started to look like one of the red balls on our Christmas tree." I couldn't help but chuckle at his description and accepted his offer.
  On our way, he was telling me stories of his childhood memories during Christmas and I was very entertained... so much that my stomach was hurting from all of the laughing in the end.
"Well... here we are." I turned around to face him with a smile.
"Yeah... I remember it." He bent down and pecked my cheek, freezing me at my spot. "See you soon, Daniels." He gave me a wink and walked away.
  I watched how his figure was getting smaller and smaller in the distance and after it disappeared I placed my fingers at the spot he kissed me. The hot air escaping from my mouth was forming steam cloud which the cold wind was blowing it away, as if it was sending the unspoken goodbye to Fred.