Miracle

Fred's POV

  It was done... it was over. He was finally gone. My eyes searched for Paige, but she was nowhere to be found. My family were hugging me and crying from happiness, but there was one face I needed to see now.
   Slowly, I managed to escape from my mother's embrace and I left them into their family hug. I scanned the court, but no sigh on her. My steps speeded up and as I walked inside the main hall, I saw a very familiar blond hair, William. His back was facing me and hiding the person he was mourning for. As I got closer I noticed the familiar shoes...
"No..." The denial escaped my lips in a whisper, while my legs didn't allow me to move. She wasn't moving, nothing. "NOOOOO!" My mind finally realized what I was looking at and screamed out, denying to believe what I was seeing.
   William turned around to see me ran towards them and he slowly lied her head on the stone floor. I dropped on my knees and pulled her back up with my hands. Her head tilted backward, lifelessly.
"Paige..." I whispered her name, but she didn't reply.
Securing her back with my right arm, my left caressed her cheek gently.
"Come on, love." Tears streamed down my face. I could feel how my body temperature was rising. "Paige!" The rolling tears started to drop down on her face, her beautiful face. "No..." I sobbed out. "Paige, come on, darling don't leave me." My thumb touched her soft, full lips and I let out a loud cry.
Behind my back I heard my mother gasp and the rushing steps of my brother towards me. George knelt beside me and caressed her hair with shaking hand.
"Paige?" His voice cracked.
My whole body was shaking, suddenly I didn't feel like I won. I lost everything, all hopes and dreams, gone.
"Noo..." I shook my head when I felt an arm touching my shoulder. "No." I whispered and bit my lip. "Paige-e-e-e." Sobbing out her name broke my heart to billion pieces. I buried my head in her chest and held her tightly. "Don't leave me..." In that moment a cry out for help was heard... her heartbeat.
"Fred, honey-..."
"Shhh!" I shushed my mother and pressed my ear against her chest searching for the sound.
And there it was, slow and faint, but there.
"We need to take her to a hospital!" I shouted and my mother cried out, hiding her mouth with her hand.
"Fred, I am sorry..."
"No, she's alive!" I gave them a sharp look and George pushed me a bit from her and placed his ear on her chest to hear for himself.
Slowly rising his head up, he looked at our parents.
"We need to take her now!"
I picked her up as I got back on my feet. Looking down at her face, I only wished to see her opening these eyes again.
"Hold on, love!" With that I closed my eyes and pictured the hospital she once showed me near her house.
Doctors and nurses were looking at me as I appeared in the middle of the hall.
"Help, please!" My voice seemed to bring them back to reality and they all rushed towards us.
   Quickly, they put her in a hospital bed and ran off with it. I tried to follow, but two nurses step in front of me, gently pushing me by my chest, to step back.
"We are sorry, Mister, but you have to wait here."
   In the end, I gave up and sat on one of the chairs there. I placed my elbows on my knees and rested my head in my hands.
"Please, please, please... don't take her away." I was begging in my mind.
   Soon my family came and I asked George to go at her house and bring her parents. He didn't hesitate for a minute. And then we all waited for a miracle to happen.