Too Different

I tickled the little fluffy creature which was on my lap when I heard the door open again.
"Forgot something, Weasley?" I said cheerfully and smiled as I looked up, but my smile quickly faded when I saw it was not Fred standing there, but Emily. "I'm sorry, I took you for..."
"For one of the Weasley blood traitors, yes I know. I saw him outside." She cut in calmly and closed the door behind her. I didn't like the way she called the whole Weasley family, but I was in no position for speaking my mind right now.
  She stopped at her tracks when she reached me and took the book I was reading. Emily stared at it for a second before looking at me with a smirk.
"I see my son showed you our library." She walked away and placed the book from the shelf I took it from. "I am afraid you got yourself confused that you are free to enter here as well." She said while turning around to face me once again.
  I stared at the woman, not believing what my ears were hearing and not knowing how to reply to her comment.
"I am sorry." I took the Pygmy Puff in my hand and headed towards the door.
"Owh... and Paige?" I stopped at my tracks and turned around to hear what more she had to say. "Don't think I approve you as a partner for my son."
"Why?" I asked quietly, but my question seemed to cheer her, because she chuckled.
"Owh, dearie, you don't honestly think you are at the same level as him in the society." My silence followed and her laugh echoed in the room again. "Dear Merlin, Paige. Don't you see you two are far too different."
"No..." My stubbornness about refusing to agree with her seemed to annoy her and her smile turned into a frown.
"Well let's put it that way." She sat on the chair and crossed her perfect long legs. "In one month William will start his job in the Ministry. Where will you be in one month?" I've never been so humiliated in my life before.
"I don't know."
"And why is that?"
"Because..."
"Because no one knows you here. You're a Muggle born." Her words pained me.
"But if I prove I can be just as good as..." But she cut in again.
"It will take time, and it is not sure you ever will get noticed." I knew she was right, but that didn't mean I had to accept it.
"William doesn't care about that."
"William is young and makes mistakes." She stood up and walked towards me like a cat. "What is this?" She asked as she poked the fluff ball in my hands. "That boy gave it to you?" My face gave her the answer and she continued. "You see... my son gives you a whole library and you are more happy with that creature in your hands."
"That's a lie!" I spat, not caring if it was rude of me to call her a liar. She crossed the line.
Emily gave me a serious and angry look which sent chills all over me. "If you do care about my son, don't drag him with you on your way down." She opened the door for me to exit and I knew that there was a deeper meaning in her doing. She didn't want me just to leave the library, but to leave her son's life.
   I walked outside without another word. I felt numb. I didn't know what do to. Was she right? Did I really stand on William's way to success? She was going to give me hell of a time, if I didn't leave her son, but yet who was she to mess in my personal life and decisions? I was angry and sad, all kind of mixed feelings troubled my mind on my way back home. And I decided to just be away from William for few days. Maybe I needed space to think. Maybe I was too different for them, just like the Pygmy Puff was too different compared to the other pets.