Love

Today was the end of the academic year at Hogwarts but the usual decorations were missing. The Great Hall was normally decorated with the four houses colours for the Leaving Feast. But tonight, there were black drapes on the wall behind the teachers table. And I knew very well why... the Hall made me feel as if it was yesterday when Cedric died, not a month since his death.

"Cedric was a person who exemplified many of the qualities which distinguish Hufflepuff house, he was a good and loyal friend, a hard worker, he valued fair play. His death has affected you all, whether you knew him well or not. I think that you have the right, therefore, to know exactly how it came about. Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort!" And whit these final words Professor Dubledore said the truth, without a trace of regret.

All of us normally would be eating and talking loudly, but tonight we were sitting quietly, not toughing food. Dumbledore raised his Goblet in memory and respect for Cedric and we all followed his sign of respect. We all stood in silence for a minute, only sobs echoing in the Hall.

For the first time I was happy for leaving Hogwarts. I somehow wanted to stay home and forget about everything. I was watching the castle disappear in the distance as the train was getting further and further away.

"Sorry, mind if I sit with you, everything seems to be busy." I heard childish voice come from the door of the cabin.

"No, of course not." I quickly replied when I saw Luna.

We stood in silence for a couple of minutes, until she decided to break it.

"Aren't you and one of the Weasley twins together?"

"Yes..." I bit my lip feeling awkward, because she asked.

"Then why aren't you two in one cabin?" I blinked few times not knowing what exactly to say.

"I... don't think it's a good idea to be around him now..." I looked out the window so she won't see the guilt in my eyes.

"Sometimes all we need is to be around someone as cheerful as the Weasley twins, so we can forget what saddens us."

"What if I can't?"

"Of course, you can. You just have to want it." She was right there was no point of depressing myself with something I do not have the strength to change, no matter how much I wished it. Cedric was amazing person and loyal friend who I will always cherish in my heart and mind, but I can't live in the past.

"I'll be right back." I told Luna and walked outside the cabin.

Rushing thru the corridor of the train wasn't easy, I was going from one side to the other and it made me feel dizzy.

"Fred!" I called out his name hoping he will come out from some of the cabins and when a red haired head peeked out from one of the last cabins, I called his name one more time so he could see me.

"Paige, are you alright?" He asked still walking to me.

I didn't answer, I just jumped on him, wrapping my arms behind his neck and placed my lips on his. He was shocked at first, but in the end he smiled thru the kiss.

"Please don't leave me." I whispered as I buried my face to his neck.

"Why would I do such a dim witted thing, love?" His arms wrapped around me and held me like that for a while.

It was amazing how much I needed his presence and I didn't realize it until now. It's funny how only feelings can bring you back again, no magic, no wands, no spells, just love, pure and simple love.