Bundle of Joy

Fred's POV

   Waiting for the baby to come out was torture. The screams coming from the door next to me were piercing me.
"AAAH!! WHERE IS HE? I WILL KILL HIM!" My eyes widened as I heard those words coming out from Paige's mouth.
"Ma'am please, calm down." The doctor tried to cool her down, but she continued.
"IT'S HIS! HE MADE IT! I WANT HIM TO TAKE IT BACK! AAAAH!" Even if she was speaking that way she made me smile, thou I felt bad for causing her so much pain.
"Just a little more, Paige." I could even hear her heavy breathing. "And push!"
   This whole thing was going on for like four hours and a half until I heard a baby cry and happy exhales. I jumped up from the chair, as if the seat was on fire and peeked from the round window. A nurse looked at me and was about to open the door for me to enter when a loud monotone piercing sound came from one of the machines. The woman quickly turned around and started to help the doctor, while two others took the baby away. I looked at Paige and fear ran all over my skin like a cold blizzard. They were trying and trying to bring her back to life. I kept hitting the door, but a nurse came out and dragged me away from the door.
"Sir, please, we are trying, but we can't focus that way." Her calm voice caressed my soul and I sat helplessly back on my chair.
My nerves gave up in two minutes and I got up and peeked again from the window.
"Come on, love."
In few minutes the doctors pulled away from her, but the monotone sound didn't stop. The water in my eyes started to blur my vision and a huge ball of pain formed in my throat. Memories of her smiling face appeared in front of me in a golden sunlight. Our first kiss, the cake fight, the way she eats, how she drinks her tea, how she cries, how she laughs, how she reads her books, how she sleeps. I couldn't lose all that. A sharp inhale echoed in the hall as I took a deep breath in from trying to control my emotions, but I broke down in tears. I rested my forehead on the glass and cried out loud, praying that some miracle will happen. The silence was cruel as it only allowed the evil sound to pierce my soul. She was the light in my day, the sweetest melody my ears could hear, the greatest art my eyes could see.
*Beep*
A faint sound touched my ears and I quickly peeked back inside the room from the window.
*Beep*
   Another one slowly followed and the doctors gathered around her to help. One of the nurses looked up from Paige and met my begging eyes with a smile. The moment she opened the door I rushed to her and sat on the small chair next to the bed. My hand took her soft one and I kissed it. My eyes looked at her sweaty face and messed hair, she was amazing and she brought our small bump to life. My other hand found its way to her forehead and gently caressed it, not long after that her deep blue eyes slowly opened.
"Hey..." Her voice was weak, but full of love.
"Hey." We both smiled and I began to cry again, but this time from happiness.
A nurse walked inside the room carrying a tiny pink cocoon. Paige reached out with her shaking hands and they gave it to her.
"Hey there." She revealed a small face with her index finger and gently caressed it. "Hello, my little one." Paige looked up from the baby and met my shocked eyes. "Fred, do you want to hold her?" I just gave a nod, because I was speechless.
   With trebling hands I managed to take her in my arms and finally met my daughter. She was so beautiful, so fragile. I tried to caress her with my finger, but a tiny hand stopped my attempt as her little fingers wrapped around mine. She was so soft, like a cotton. That moment I realized that she could wrap her fingers around my thumb and hold me tight as much as she wants, because she was my little girl. Her fingers were the size of a half grain of rice and her pink skin reminded me of a pink cotton candy.
   My happiness was taken from my arms in few minutes from the nurses who took her away again. I returned to Paige and we both laughed and cried from happiness of our Clare, soon to be joined by the rest of the both families.