Childhood Friends | Mikado Haruma

Mikado Haruma a.k.a Rex Remington

Walking around the park was something I always did when I was young, together with my best friend, Mikado Haruma. But now, years later, I made a career in music, leaving the country often. Me and Mikado didn't speak for two years since, but I dreamed of speaking to him again.

Finally, I was back home. Back to homeschooling and sort of normal life. I sat in the living room, reading a book. My mom sat down next to me and hugged me. She wasn't with me on my tour, so I missed her. "I'm so happy my baby is back home." she said. "Mom, I'm not a child anymore." I said. She smiled and got up. "Well, a friend called when you were gone, Mikado." she said. "Mikado? You're kidding, right?" I said and couldn't believe it. "Yeah, he asked when you came back, I guess he missed you." she said. "Oh my god." I whispered to myself. "I gave him your number." she said. I got up and ran upstairs to my mobile phone.

My phone needed to load up, so I needed to wait. "Come on." I said, slamming my fist on my nightstand. I layed down on my bed and turned on my phone. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

When I woke up, my phone made a stupid sound again. My manager called. I ignored it, but I looked at my other calls. Mikado called twice and I slept through those calls! I called him back, nervously.

What would he look like when I see him again? Did his voice changed? Did he changed? Would he be mad for my late reaction on his calls? How would he react if I said "I've slept throught them"?

The phone got over and I got nervous. "Hello?" a deep voice on the other side o the line said. "Hey, I'm home." I said. "(L/N)?" he said. "Yeah, how are you?" I asked. "I'm fine, and you now you're famous?" Mikado asked. "Honest? Not great, with everyone around me." I said and he laughed. "Iys good to hear from you again." he said. "Yeah, sure." I said. "Should we meet again? At your house?" he asked. "Y-yeah, s-sure." I stuttered. "Okay, tomorrow night around 7 pm?" he asked. "That's fine." I said. "Alright, see you tomorrow." he said and hang up.

I layed my phone down and layed back on my bed. I signed and thought about a million possibilities how he would look like now after two years. My eyes closed and I slept again.

The next day

I sat down at the table, my mom on the phone. I eat my breakfast. "She was gone for almost two years, so she won't leave for a while." my mom said and slammed the phone down. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Your manager wanted to plan a tour, but you're not going now." she said. I had nothing to say, I didn't wanted to leave again. I placed my plate in the sink and sat down on the couch. "Mom, a friend comes over tonight, if its no problem." I said. "Who?" she asked. "Mikado Haruma." I said. "No problem, I'm going to work, take care of yourself." she said and walked out the door.

It was evening in a nick of time. My mom came home and took a shower. She was still there when the doorbell rang. My heart skipped a beat. I remembered that Mikado came by tonight. I walked to the door and slowly opened it. A young man with grey hair and black eyes was standing in front of me. He was a head bigger than me and I noticed his big arms. He had a scar on his right cheek, his right arm and over his left eyebrow.

"Can I come in?" he asked. "Sure, Mikado." I said. He walked in and looked around. I stared at his back. Since he was younger, he looked totally different.

~Flashback~

Me and Mikado played soccer in the soft grass. He didn't had those big arms or those scars. He had already the grey hair and that hairstyle, and I was more than a head smaller than him.

Mikado lifted me of the ground after he made a goal. "Put me down." I said, smiling. He lost his balance and we felt to the ground.

"Sorry (L/N)." he said. "Its no problem." I said. "Little brat." he said and tickled me. I laughed like an idiot, holding him by his shoulders.

"(L/N)? (L/N)?!" Mikado said. I woke up from my memory. "Sorry." I said. "No worry." he said. I smiled of his kindness.

We talked the whole night, until he left. He had my phone number, so we could text and talk to each other. "He changed a lot." I said. "He became a young man, like you because a young woman." mom said. I nodded and walked upstairs.

A few months later

Me and Mikado talked and texted every day. He asked me for a walk in the park tonight. I agreed and we'll met at the park around 5 pm. I was a little nervous, because of a strange feeling when I talked to him. Was it...love?

He waited for me and waved. "Hey Mikado." I said. "Hey (L/N)." he said and pulled me against his chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck. It was like my body moved on his own. I was frozen, hearing his heart beating fast. I looked up and before I knew what was happening, he kissed me, right on the lips. I kissed back, and the butterflies in my tummy fluttered around. Yes, I'm in love with Mikado.

He pulled away and stared in my eyes. ''I love you, (F/N).'' he said, using my first name. I couldn't say a word, I was still frozen. ''(F/N)?'' he said. I woke up and smiled. ''I love you too, Haruma.'' I said. he layed my head back against his chest and I was happy. I heard a camera, but I didn't care. I wasn't about to leave for a while. I will now stay with Haruma, until I need to leave.