Chapter 1 : My Home

The crowd goes wild as kiké rounds third base to go home. I smile as he dives onto home plate making him safe. "Atta boy!" I yell. Kiké turns smiles at me before giving me a thumbs up. "Your boy got something." I say turning to Mariana, Kiké's girlfriend. "Oh your brother was the one who got the double." Mariana says pointing to Joc on second base.

I smile and nod. "They all got something." I say. All of a sudden doctors come rushing to the fields crowding Kiké. I widen my eyes and Mariana has her worried facial expression. She grips onto her phone and looks at me. "Can you please go and find out what happened?" Mariana asks.

"Ya sure." I say handing her my bag. I walk towards the clubhouse entrance. "Hey Julia." Marco, the clubhouse security guard says. "Hi." I say smiling. I walk onto the field.

I was the teams strength and conditioning coach and a part time accountant. I was also in the navy, but retired after my fourth year in it.

Kiké holds onto his thigh and I bend down to him. "He most likely pulled a muscle." I say. The doctor nods and they help Kiké onto a stretcher. Kiké groans and I scrunch up my face. I didn't like to see people getting hurt, ever since I left the Navy I always feared that.

I left to the Navy right after high school when I turned 18. Four years later I stopped and went to collage to get my degree in sports medicine. I got my degree and now assist my boss Danny.

I walk back into the clubhouse with Kiké and he groans for Mariana. Danny walks out to go get her and stay with Kiké.

"Stop being a little cry baby." I joke. Kiké rolls his eyes and I smile. "Your gonna be okay." I say pushing his hair out his face.

Kiké and I met on the first day Joc and him had a game together. We were all joking around in the clubhouse and all of a sudden Kiké joined us in the jokes and we became friends quickly.

That was a hard time for me, since the Navy made me see things I never wanted to see; war. He knew the darkest secrets that Joc didn't, and he didn't care for my insecurities. He took me as I was. He was a true best friend.

~*~
After the game I wait for Joc as he was in a post game interview. I walk onto the field where A.J. sits in the dugout starring out into the distance.

"Hey Julia." He says smiling. "Nice home run." I say smiling. "Thanks." He says packing up his catcher gear.

I nod and Joc walks out the clubhouse and into the dugout. "Ready?" He asks. I nod and say my goodbye to A.J. before leaving.

~*~
The next day I wake up to my alarm clock. We had practice which meant I had to be there for conditioning.

I grab my outfit for the day.

Once I'm finished getting ready Joc and I leave

We get to the field and Coach Roberts introduces one new player to fill in for Kiké. I guess he was alright.

"Okay now Julia wanna lead the team with a stretch?" Coach Roberts asks. "Ya lets go." I say and we all go in a circle with me in it.

We all stretch for about ten minutes before they start to play catch. "How ya doing?" Danny asks walking up to me. "Good and you?" I ask, he nods, smiling. "I asked Claire to marry me." He says. "Oh my god!" I say smiling. Danny loved Claire with all he had.

"She said yes." Danny says smiling. "Congratulations." I say bring him into a hug. I looked at Danny as dad, my parents both walked out on Joc, my sister Justine, and I right when Joc turned 18. So it was a lot of pressure on him, plus he was just signed by the Dodgers which was extra harder.

"Thank you." Danny says. The team claps and Danny thanks them before smiling over to Claire in the stands. "Ready to run some laps with the boys?" Danny asks. "Ha your funny." I say laughing. Danny smiles and turns to the boys playing catch.

~*~
After practice we all decide to go get Starbucks, but rules are rules that rookies go on the Starbucks run. Joc, Corey, and Trayce take everyone's order, and I decide to tag along so I can help.

We all climb into my car, with me in the passenger seat and Joc driving. "Nice to see you loving my car." I say since Joc almost tackled me for my keys. "It's a good car." Joc says shrugging. "You do realize you make more money than me, so you can buy this car." I say laughing.

"Your point?" Joc asks laughing. I roll my eyes and we take off towards the nearest Starbucks. Corey and Trayce were really quiet and keeping to themselves while Joc and I joked around. I turn in my seat and see Corey looking down at his hands thinking and Trayce on his phone.

"Trayce isn't your brother on the Golden State Warriors?" I ask. "Ya Klay." He says looking up at me. "Oh wow, you're gonna have to take Joc to the game one day. He loves the Warriors." I say. "Oh ya, you two were born in the bay area right?" He asks. Joc nods and I smile turning to Corey.

"Something wrong?" Joc asks. I shake my head and he turns into the Starbucks parking lot. We all get out and walk into starbucks.

"Oh look Julia it's Hannah." Joc says pointing to the familiar blonde friend I made in college. Hannah searches the room looking for someone before spotting me and walking over to me. "Julia Pederson, nice to see you alive and well." She says smiling ear to ear. "Nice to see you Hannah." I say smiling.

You can say her and Joc had something. They were together for two months before Joc had to leave to LA. Joc stands there awkwardly with Trayce and Corey. "Hello Joc." Hannah says quietly. "Hannah." Joc says nodding at her. "And this is?" Hannah asks looking at Trayce and Corey.

"This is Trayce and Corey." I say pointing at the two of them. Hannah is the Angels strength and conditioning coach so I was wondering what brought her out here to LA.

"Nice to meet you two." She says smiling. They nod smiling at her, being the quiet people they are. Hannah says her goodbyes before leaving and Joc begins to order the drinks.

We wait a while since we did have a lot of drinks. "Why so quiet?" I ask looking at Corey. "I'm a bit nervous for tonight's game." he says blushing. "Everyone is, trust me. Right Joc?" I ask. Joc nods and I smile. "See." I say grabbing the rest of the drinks. Corey nods and for the first time I see him smiling. "Don't worry." I say placing my hand on his shoulder as we leave.