Chapter 64 : Not So Loyal Corey

35 votes and 34 comments for next chapterHe cheated on Britney

He cheated on Britney. He really did it. I stood there in shock as I stared at Corey. "You kissed me." I say. "No shit Julia." Corey says running his hand through his messy hat hair. "What have I done?" Corey asks as he tugs on his hair. I stare at Corey and don't say anything. "I can't start something new with you. You'll be leaving in a few months and I'll be all alone." Corey says to himself. "And I can't leave Britney. I love her way more." He adds. Ouch.

"Corey, if you keep it a secret, I will too." I say. Corey looks at me. "But you. You don't know how much I love you Julia. That I'm actually willing to leave Britney for you even if I know I'll be alone when you leave. Because I love you." Corey says. I shake my head, "I have grown too strong for you to come back in my life as my boyfriend." I say. "Not as your boyfriend Julia. Your husband." Corey says. I widen my eyes and Corey waits for an answer.

"Are you asking me to marry you?" I ask. Corey nods, "Yes Julia. Right now." I shake my head, "No. I can't marry you Corey. We have separate lives now. You moved on and so did I. So just forget this day, act like we never even saw each other at all." I say. "Why not Julia? We both had separate lives before and yet we combined them together to make one. Why can't we do that now?" Corey asks. "You left me for her, so now you have her. She's in your life and if we combine our lives together, that would be unfair, because you have her." I say. Corey stares at me surprised and I shrug.

"Just admit it Corey. We never were meant to be." I say wiping the tears that fell from my eyes. "No Julia. You and I both know that in the end there will always be an us. No matter what, because I love you and deep down you love me." Corey says. "I do, but I won't." I say before turning away from him. "Please Julia. Don't leave me." Corey begs as he runs infront of me and goes down on his knees. "Get up Corey." I say shaking my head. "Please Julia. I only want you." Corey says. "No you don't Corey! Now please stand up." I say. "No. I won't unless you let me take you on a date." Corey says. I shrug, "Well it looks like you'll be stuck here because I'm not letting you. You have a fiancé." I say as I begin to walk away.

"I'll leave her. I'll leave Britney for you." Corey says. I sigh, "Britney doesn't deserve that Corey. No girl does." I say stopping in my place. "You stay with her. You two will make an amazing future together." I say turning to him. Corey frowns and I walk to the nearest park.

~*~
Trayce picked me up and also had a million questions. I told him about Corey and he agreed to keep it a secret. When we got to the house Kelly was in the living room watching TV and eating chips. "Oh hey guys." She says smiling. I wave at her and Trayce does too. "Something's wrong." She says. "Corey kissed Julia." Trayce says quickly. "You idiot!" I yell hitting the back of his head. "Sorry." He says placing his hands over his mouth.

"No way!" Kelly says laughing. "I don't want to talk about it." I say putting my hand up as I walk to my room. Kelly laughs and I shake my head. "Don't tell anyone." I say glaring at the two of them. They nod and I walk into my room.

~*~
The next day was another day off and I was expected to train the boys today since we no longer had Danny around. Turns out he started training a college team in New York and is doing really good at the moment. Today I will also be working out with the boys so I can gain my muscle back and get back on track. The only thing I was not looking forward to was seeing Corey.

I started getting dress in my usual clothing, a Dodger shirt, nike shorts, and some black nikes. I grabbed my black hoodie and walked out my bedroom and downstairs where Trayce waited for me. "Ready?" He asks as he hands me a bottle of water. I nod and he grabs his keys off the counter before leading me to his car. "Do you know how hard it is to live with your team's trainer?" Trayce asks. I shake my head and Trayce chuckles, "It's hard because everytime I eat I feel like you're judging me everytime because I eat a lot of junk food." Trayce says blushing. I laugh and Trayce rolls his eyes and gets into his car.

~*~
When we get to the stadium Trayce parks the car and we walk to the clubhouse. "So you'll be seeing Corey and Britney today." Trayce says. I nod and Trayce gives me a nervous look. "How do you feel?" Trayce asks. "I'm not looking forward to it." I say honestly. Trayce nods, "Well I wish you good luck." Trayce says smiling. I nod, "I'll need it." I say before opening the doors to the clubhouse.

Everyone was here ready to practice, including Corey. "Where is Marley and Britney?" I question. "Britney isn't here today." Corey answers. "Why not?" I ask. "She isn't feeling good." He says. I nod, "And Marley?" I ask. "She is in the bullpen." Kenley says. I nod and toss my phone to Joc so he can put it in his locker. "How is the gym going?" He asks. "Well we haven't even started." I say laughing. Joc nods and tosses me a glove. "Who's is this?" I ask. "Yours." Joc says smiling. I look down at the glove and see my initials written on it.

"Thank you." I say smiling. "Corey and I got it for you." Joc says smiling. My smile fades and I turn around to see Corey watching Joc and I. "Tell him I said thank you." I say before walking onto the field.

"Hey Julia." Marley says smiling. "Hi." I say smiling at her. "So it's just us today." I say putting my hair into a ponytail. Marley nods and Corey joins us on the field. "Hey Julia can I talk to you?" Corey asks. I nod and Marley walks away to leave us alone.

"So tonight I have to talk to you about something important. Can we go out to dinner?" Corey asks. "No." I say. "Julia it's just two friends who are going to go eat. Nothing more." Corey says. I stare at him directly in his eyes and notice that he's telling the truth. "Fine Corey. Tonight at nine, pick me up at my place, don't be late." I say. Corey smiles and I shake my head, "Stop looking at me like that." I say rolling my eyes. Corey frowns and I glare at him. "Don't make me regret this."