Chapter 66 : Running Back

40 votes and 39 comments for next chapter After Corey dropped me off at home I walked straight to my room so no questions were asked by Trayce or Kelly

After Corey dropped me off at home I walked straight to my room so no questions were asked by Trayce or Kelly. I succeeded and begin to get ready for bed.

~*~
The next day by the look on my face Trayce and Kelly both knew not to ask questions about yesterday's events. "She isn't looking like herself." Kelly whispers to Trayce. I both look up at them and grab my coffee before walking into the living room.

"Are you going into work today?" Trayce asks following me. I nod. "Yes I am." I say staring at the blank tv. "Okay well you should start to get ready if you want to ride with me. I'll be leaving soon." I nod and stand up to walk upstairs to my bedroom.

I change into some Nike shorts, Thompson shirt, blue Nikes, and a Dodger windbreaker. Once I was done I put my hair in a messy bun and walk downstairs. "I'm ready." I say. Trayce nods and I grab my keys. "I'll drive." I say. Trayce raises his eyebrows and stare at him confused. "Well, let's go." I say motioning to the open door. Trayce nods and I follow him to my car. Breathe, Julia. Just breathe.

I start the car and slowly back out of the driveway. "If you feel uncomfortable at any time just tell me." Trayce says. I nod and begin to make my way to Dodger Stadium.

~*~
When we get into the clubhouse (safely) Trayce goes to his locker and I make my way to my office. "Julia, you have a visitor." Dave says. "Let them in." I say. Dave nods and Britney walks into my office with leggings, a hoodie, boots, a messy ponytail, and tears falling down her face. "Britney." I say surprised. "Let me talk." She says raising a finger in the air. I nod and cross my arms.

"I know Corey. So I know he left me for you and not because he didn't feel like it was right. Now tell me right now Julia. Did he leave me for you?" Britney asks. I stay quiet and shift in my chair. "He did." I say. "But not because I told him Britney, it was his choice." I say looking down at my hands. Britney sighs and closes her eyes. "You two are together?" She asks. I shake my head, "No I declined his proposal." I say. Britney widens her eyes and I shrug, "I told you. I don't need a man in my life right now. Not even Jose." I say looking at her.

Britney sighs  in relief. "So you don't like him?" Britney. I stay quiet and think about it for awhile. "I do." I say. Britney frowns and I shake my head, "But I won't date him. I don't wanna leave him alone or sad when I go to the Navy." I say. "Well then stay and make him happy Julia!" Britney yells. "I can't because I am so young and I did my job here. I watched my brother's baseball career start and grow. Now I want to start and grow, but I can't do that here." I say standing up. "Los Angeles can't provide me with what I want." I add.

"But Corey can." Britney says. I nod, "He can, but I won't admit it. I will never admit that to his face." I say. "Why keep it a secret?" Britney asks. "I'm scared. Not to leave him, but scared to love him again." I say leaning against my table. "Corey isn't the monster in this story Julia. He's not the person you shouldn't be scared of. It's you. You keep your secrets locked in your heart and rather feed him lies. You should be scared of the liar you are." Britney says. "But this isn't a story Britney because if it was. I would of found myself already." I say.

"But you have. It's him. You are yourself when you're with him. And it hurts me to say that because I love Corey, but I know that in the end it will always be you." Britney says before opening my office door and leaving. I sigh and sit down in my chair as I wait for the batting practice to begin.

~*~
After the game everyone decides to go to my house for dinner since Joc volunteered to barbecue. By everyone I mean Joc, Marley, Corey, Kenley, Justin, Kourtney, Mariana, Kiké, Andre, Chase, Adrian, Clayton, Ellen, José and Yasiel.

When Trayce and I got to the house we both began to clean up the house since it was dirty from us being too busy to clean up lately.

The doorbell rings and Joc walks in with grocery bags in his hands. "I come with food." He says holding up the bags. I nod and point to the kitchen. Joc nods and Trayce walks over to Joc to help him. "Hello." Marley says following Joc. "Hey." I say smiling at her. "I brought salad." She says holding up a bowl in her hands. "Okay that's fine." I say and point to the counter where she can put the bowl down.

"Corey couldn't make it." Joc says turning to me. "Why not?" I ask. "He is going on a date." Joc says. I tilt my head and Joc shrugs. "A date with who?" I ask. "I don't know, he just said he's going on a date." Joc says. "You like him don't you." Joc says placing his hands on his hips. I stay quiet and reach for my keys on the counter. "Yes." I say.

"Well it looks like you have to go stop him." Joc says pulling out his keys. "The key to the house." Joc says handing me a key. I nod and hug him before walking to my car.

~*~
When I get to Joc's house and quickly notice Corey's car in the driveway. I unlock the door and hurry inside. "Corey!" I yell. "Who are you?" A blonde girl asks. I jump and turn to her, "Who are you?" I ask. "Elizabeth." She says holding out her hand, "Julia." I say shaking her hand. "What are you doing in my brother's house Elizabeth?" I ask. "You're Corey's sister?" She asks. "No Joc's sister." Elizabeth looks at me confused and I chuckle. "Corey and my brother are roommates." I say. Elizabeth nods, "Elizabeth! Dinner is ready!" I hear Corey yell as he walks out of the kitchen with two plates in his hands.

"Julia." Corey says surprised. "Can I talk to you?" I ask. Corey nods and places the plates on the table. "Excuse us." Corey says to Elizabeth. Elizabeth nods and Corey and I walk out to the backyard.

"What's going on Julia?" Corey asks. "I love you." I say quietly. "What?" Corey asks confused. "I love you." I say louder. Corey stares at me with a blank expression on his face. "I love you." I say smiling. Corey smiles back and I wait for an answer, anything. "You'll marry me?" Corey asks. "I want to pick it up from where we left. Before I got in the car accident, before I fell asleep in a coma, just before." I say. Corey nods and smiles even wider, "That sounds good." Corey says before pulling me into a kiss. "Why don't we kick Elizabeth out and go on a date?" Corey asks. I smile and chuckle, "Sounds like a plan."