Chapter 56 : Rethink

36 votes and 25 comments for next chapter

When Jose got to the house we all left to eat at IHOP. "I think I'm gonna bring my wheelchair." I tell José. José nods and walks over to Kiké to tell him. "Your legs must be tired from all the walking done yesterday." Britney says. I nod, "Yeah plus the heels made it worse." I say chuckling. Britney smiles and José walks back with my wheelchair in his hands. I sit down on it and Jose rolls me out the house towards Corey's car.

The memories flash through my eyes as I remember this car. The car he hated because he loved to drive mine, the car we used for road trips, the car I loved because it had his scent all over, and the car that was with me in the car accident.

"We don't have to go in my car." Corey says looking at me. "No it's fine." I say. Corey nods and Jose helps me into the backseat, "No Julia you go ahead and sit in the front." Britney says. "No it's fine I'll sit with Jose in the back." I say. "Go sit in the front." Britney says. I sigh and Jose helps me into the passenger seat.

Once I was sitting down he climbs into the backseat and Corey turns to me waiting for me to put my seatbelt on before taking off.

~*~
Once we got to IHOP Jose and Britney help me out as Corey got my wheelchair. I collapse on the wheelchair and Corey rolls me inside IHOP. We get seated quickly since no one was really here.

José and I sit across from Corey and Britney. "I really love you style Julia." Britney says as she admires my light washed jeans and plain pink shirt. "Thank you." I say. "Are you going to the game?" Corey asks. I nod, "Yes." "Are you driving yet?" He asks. I turn to him and glare at him, he knew it was a stupid question. "No." I state before turning back to my menu. "Oh." He says. "But i'm sure José will give me a ride to the game." I say without looking from my menu. "Yeah sure." José says nodding. I smile and turn to Corey. "See?" I ask.

A waitress walks to our table and smiles at us. "May I take your order?" She asks. We all nod and she goes around the table taking our orders. When she walks away Britney turns to me. "So how was it like when you were in a coma?" Britney asks. I turn to her and shrug, "I heard everything." I say, "Everything?" Corey asks. I shake my head, "Well not everything, but most things." I say nodding. Corey looks at me nervously and I smile at him. He knew that when he was alone in the room he would talk to me. Those conversations were my favorite.

Of course when Britney started to come around I only heard a female voice, but I never got a name or why she was there. "There's a small chance I even met you." I say turning to Britney. Britney widens her eyes, "How?" She asks. "When Corey would visit sometimes I heard a female voice, and I'm sure that was you." I say nodding. "If you heard her I'm sure you heard me then." Jose says throwing his arm behind my shoulders and leaning close to me. "Yes I heard you too." I say smiling. José smiles and kisses my temple.

"Why don't you two kiss instead of that little peck?" Britney asks smirking. José turns to me asking for permission and I look at him nervous before putting my hands on his cheeks and brining him close to my lips. José smiles into the kiss and I try my best not to laugh at Corey's reaction as I open an eye a little.

When I pull away from the kiss José smiles ear to ear at me and Britney claps her hands. "Now that's a kiss." She says smiling. "Babe, it's nothing compared to ours." Corey says. José holds his laugh and I turn to Corey raising an eyebrow. 

Britney blushes and shakes her head, "Not now Corey." She says before motioning to us. Corey sigh and Britney turns to me. "Sorry." She says. "Corey can be a bit romantic." She adds. "Yeah, I know." I say reminding her that I did date Corey.

"Right." Britney says looking down at her hands that rest on the table. Jose taps on my leg, I turn to him and notice his eyes looking at Corey with fear. Corey glares at Jose and then turns to me with anger. "It was a good idea to go out for breakfast." I say trying to change the subject. "And why is that?" Corey asks. "Well it's a beautiful day and I feel like today is the day where the truth should come out." I say smiling to myself. "What do you mean by truth?" Corey asks. "Well the others don't know that I could hear them when I was in a coma. There's something's that shouldn't of been spoken during that time, especially in my room." I say.

Corey raises his eyebrows and I chuckle knowing that he knew what he said. José stares at me confused and I smile at him before turning to Corey to see him shaking his head.

"What did you say Corey?" Britney asks. Corey shakes his head, "Corey you do realize we're in engaged. If we aren't telling the truth to each other why should we get married?" She questions. Corey stays quiet for a second before nodding.

"I told Julia that I loved her, while I still was dating you." Corey says. Britney shrugs, "I already knew that." She says. I shake my head, "That's not it." I say chuckling. Corey stares at me confused and I smile before standing up. "Excuse me, I need to use the restroom." I say before leaving the table.

I hear footsteps behind me and I knew it was Corey. "What do you think your doing?" Corey asks. "What do you think i'm doing?" I ask. Corey crosses his arms. "Julia I love Britney and you got to accept that. Britney and I are getting married so deal with it." He says. I laugh and Corey stares at me confused.

"You don't remember don't you?" I ask. Corey shakes his head and I smile, "When I was sleeping you said 'If I ever get married to Britney you better wake up and stop me.' Now please explain why you want to be stopped Corey and I may just help you." Corey glares at me and I smile knowing that he doesn't know what to say.