Chapter 48: Brother

30 votes and 20 comments for next chapter

"What do you mean by brother?" I question Corey at the words that do not make sense. "Your brother Jensen. This is him." Corey says motioning to the young man. "Corey, it makes it hard to believe that my brother Jensen is standing right in front of me when he died 12 years ago!" I yell. Jensen steps close to me and I take a step back.

"What makes you think this is him?" I ask. "Its him. Turns out Joc doesn't check his email much. When he did he found something about Jensen, he didn't believe it, but told me about it. It was email from Jensen telling him he was alive and doing well." Corey says. "But Jensen died in my arms. If that wasn't him who was it?" I ask. "That's the one question our mother won't answer." Jensen says.

"Our mother? She isn't no mother." I say. "I agree with you, I mean what mother will fake her own sons death?" Jensen asks. I stay quiet and cross my arms. This was too much to take in. I just learned that my dead brother is actually alive after all these years.

"Look Jensen it's been a very long day and it's late. How about I call you tomorrow so the three of us can talk?" I ask. Jensen nods in agreement and hands Corey and I a piece of paper. "My number." He says. I nod and Jensen waves goodbye to us before leaving.

I sigh and walk upstairs. "So what do you think?" Corey asks. "I don't know what to think." I say walking into our room. "This is just all too much." I say.

"The kid looks like Joc more than you." Corey says. "Well let's not get to the conclusion that I actually think that's Jensen." I say. "But he looks exactly like Joc." Corey points out. "Sorry to break it to you babe, but not all look a likes are family related, sometimes not even related in a drop of blood." I say. Corey sits on the end of the bed, "You're going with him tomorrow?" I shrug, "I really don't know." I say.

"Why not?" Corey asks. "He had 12 years to find Justine, Joc, and I. Why so late?" I ask. "Julia the email was four years ago. Joc just didn't open it." Corey says. "I don't care if it was six. He could of tried to reach out to me or Justine." I say. "He thought that you guys didn't want to see him since Joc never replied back, so he stopped bugging." Corey defends. "Bugging? If one email was bugging then I should be sending a apology letter  to everyone I email!" I yell. Corey stays quiet and shake my head before grabbing my pajamas and walking into the bathroom.

~*~
The next day started with me not talking to Joc. Why didn't he tell me? I went four more years without knowing that there was a chance my brother may be alive. He lied to my face as he told me stories about Jensen, and it hurt me in every single way.

I stand up out of bed and turn to Corey who still is sleeping. I smile and walk to the bathroom to get dressed and ready for the day.