Chapter 7 : Deserve

We walk out onto New York's streets and look around. "Have you've ever been to New York?" Corey asks as we turn to the left side. "I have actually, but that was a long time ago." I say chuckling.

Corey nods and stuffs his hands in his pocket. We brought security guards to look out for us so they one was in the front, and two in the back.

"Tell me about yourself." Corey says. "Me?" I ask. Corey nods and I blush. "Okay, my favorite color is blue-"

"No, Julia. I mean about your life." Corey says chuckling. "Oh." I say blushing. "Well, my parents walked out on us when I was little. Well I wouldn't say little, I was 17." I say smiling.

Corey nods and he waits for me to continue. "Then I graduated, and I decided to go to the navy. Joc supported my decision, except Justine. She left to college and you know what she does now." I say. "That's it? Come on there must be more to Julia Pederson." Corey says. "Actually there is. In the navy I met Dylan, and we began dating." I say. "And?" Corey asks.

"He asked me to marry him, but I said no. Since we were too young." I say as I whistle for a cab. "I see." Corey says nodding. I smile as a cab pulls over to the curb.

I quickly get in and Corey follows. "Central Park please." Corey says nodding. The driver nods before heading off.

We get there in a half an hour. We pay the driver before heading into the big park. "So what about you?" I ask as Corey and I start walking on the path in the park. "What about me?" He asks raising an eyebrow as he stuffs his hands in his pockets.

"Tell me about yourself." I say shrugging. "Oh well, I was born in North Carolina, to my mom Jody and dad Jeff. They passed away last summer in an airplane crash." Corey says turning his head to me. "I'm sorry for your loss." I say. "Thank you." Corey says smiling.

We keep walking through the park before we sit down to watch a baseball game. "Aren't you Corey Seager? Do you mind taking a picture with the team?" Someone says walking up to us. Corey turns to see the coach of one of the baseball teams.

"Ya sure." Corey says nodding before standing up. When the boys finish giving high fives to the opposing team they walk to the dugout where Corey is.

They all begin to get excited even though some hated him since he is on the LA Dodgers and this is New York. But they still took a picture.

"Thank you." The coach says before turning to the team. Corey nods before we begin walking on towards the path through the park. "I'm guessing you've never dated any of Joc's teammates then." Corey says looking at me.

"No, actually. I'm not into baseball players. I'm more toward football." I say. Corey chuckles before nodding. "I can't decide if you're lying or just trying to make a joke." Corey says.

"No lies and no joke. I like guys who play football and who lean more to the dangerous side. Like Dylan. But I won't lie I'd go for a smart guy, like a surgeon." I say nodding.

Corey smiles showing his pearly whites before taking out my Polaroid camera from his backpack. "Hi, sir you mind taking a picture of us?" Corey asks taping someone's shoulder. The man turns around before nodding. Corey and I stand on a hill where the city of Manhattan stands behind us.

We both smile before the man clicks the camera making it take a picture. "Thank you." Corey says before then man hands the camera back. He nods before leaving.

I smile as the picture begins to show up on the film. I take out my pen and write on the bottom 'Central Park, 2015' Corey smiles and we continue our journey.

~*~
The next I wake up to my alarm clock telling me it was time to get ready for tonight's game.

When I finished changing I walk next door to say hi to my friends I haven't seen since last year

"Come on in." Travis says smiling. I thank him and I'm attacked by Sam. "Julia! You look amazing." She says bringing me into a hug. "You do too Sam." I say admiring her strong built yet model like body. "Thank you." She says before letting me greet Jeffrey and Kelly.

"How are you doing in LA? Fitting in well I see." Kelly says smiling. "Yes, very well actually." I say as another knock is heard. "I got it." Travis announces before leaving to answer the door.

When he comes back he also has Corey by his side. "Sorry to interrupt, but we should be heading to the stadium now." Corey says. "Okay, let me just get my bag from the room." I say standing up from the couch.

"It's already in the car." Corey says smiling. "Oh, thank you." I say as I pass by him and into the hallway.

"I didn't know you have a boyfriend, I though you were dating Dylan." Kelly says. "Oh no, they broke up. I told you that yesterday." Jeffrey says rolling his eyes. "Oh sorry Julia." Kelly says before turning to Corey.

"So what makes you so sure you're good for our girl Julia?" She asks. "Actually Kelly, we aren't dating. He's Joc's teammate." I say as we all pack onto the elevator. "And even one more reason to date him." Sam says winking. "And one more reason not to." Travis adds. "Oh shut up." Sam says playfully hitting him.

We all chuckle as Corey stands in the elevator awfully quiet.

"You like our girl?" Jeffrey whispers to Corey. "Jeffrey shut up and leave him alone." I say rolling my eyes. "Julia, it's a simple question." He says shrugging. "Not like, you can't tell." He adds smirking. "Seriously? I just broke up with Dylan." I say, "Who happened to be my boyfriend for the past five years." I add as the elevator dings as I step off.

"Oh come on Julia, live a little." Jeffrey says. "Last time I check, my heart is still beating, I have a full function brain and I'm alive." I say turning to him. "Julia calm down." Travis says placing a hand on my shoulder. "I'll meet you guys at the stadium." I say before walking away.

~*~

When I get to the stadium I'm greeted by Danny. "Hey Julia how's it going?" He asks smiling. "Great." I say nodding. "Nice dress." Danny says smiling as we walk into the clubhouse. "Hey." Coach Roberts say as we walk pass him. We both smile before walking onto the field. The boys begin the warm ups on the field, as for me I go and change into a more casual clothes.

"Had to say goodbye to the dress?" Danny says chuckling. "Well you know me, I ain't much of a dress and heels kind of girl." I say smiling. Danny smiles and nods. "Hey Julia." Trayce says walking up to me. "Hi." I say turning to him as I toss him a ball that dropped out of his glove.

When Trayce walks away Danny smirks at me. I turn to him and sigh. "Why the hell does everyone think that everyone likes me?" I ask raising an eyebrow. "Because everyone does." Danny says smiling. I roll my eyes and sigh. "I'll be in the stands." I say before walking away.