Chapter 13 : Movie Night

"You know I think we should just stay in tonight." Corey says walking into my hotel room. Clayton raises a eyebrow and I turn to Corey.

"You seem extremely tired." He says looking at me. "I am, you boys aren't the easiest to take care of." I say. Clayton chuckles and stands up from the couch. "I'll give you guys some space." He says stretching before leaving to his room.

Corey joins me on the couch as I watch tv. "What are you watching?" He asks. "Um, Gilmore Girls." I say. "What girls?" Corey asks. "Nothing." I say smiling as I grab the remote to change the channel.

We finally decide on a movie, The Sandlot. "You know, we never discussed our relationship status." I say. "I would say I'm taken." Corey says. I smile and Corey throws his arm over my shoulders. "I guess it's settle then. We're officially boyfriend and girlfriend." I say. "Boyfriend and girlfriend?" He asks. I nod and Corey chuckles leaning in for a kiss.

~*~

I wake up the next morning laying on Corey's chest with his arm wrapped around me. "Hey cuties." Clayton says chuckling as he spots us on the couch.

I yawn and Clayton smiles. "Someone was tired last night." He says motioning at the two of us. Corey stretches and removes his arm from me. A knock on the door startles us and I go to open it. "Kelly." I say surprised. Kelly walks into the room and stops when she bumps into Corey. "Oh sorry." Corey says.

Kelly widens her eyes and Corey gives me a confused look. "I'm guessing the first date went good." She says. "It did actually." I say. Kelly nods and I finally look at her face to see tear stains and red eyes. "Um I'm gonna head back to my room to get ready. Stop by if you wanna ride together to the stadium." Corey says walking past Kelly.

"Sure." I say nodding as I go on my toes to kiss him. Corey chuckles at my toes and I roll my eyes as he leaves.

"I'll go get breakfast." Clayton says. I nod and thank him as he leaves. Kelly and I walk into the living room and she collapses on the couch before standing up. "Um, your phone." She says handing me it. I look at it and know it's Corey's automatically.

"What's wrong?" I ask as she falls back onto the couch. "Jeffrey. He really broke me this time." She says. "What happened?" I ask.

"We went on a date and it went great it really did, then we went on another one and then another one. But then he went on a date with Sam. Sam. How could she do that to me? She knew I liked him, a lot." Kelly says breaking down in tears. "And now Jeffrey is dating her." Kelly says. I sigh and sit down next to her. "If it's meant to be it will be, and if it's not Kelly well then you know they were dumb to let you go." I say.

Kelly nods and wipes her tears. "You mind if I tag along with you to the game?" She asks. "No not at all." I say smiling as she sighs.

"You are dating my boy?" Joc says walking in. "What?" I ask confused. "Corey." Joc says. "Yes you weirdo." I say rolling my eyes.

Joc smirks and I blush. "How cute my little sister finally found love." Joc says. "Oh hi Kelly." Joc says noticing Kelly. Kelly smiles at him and Joc leans down to give her a hug. "Anyway you riding with us?" Joc asks. "Um, I don't know I usually ride with Clayton." I say. "Well then we'll ride with you." Joc says laughing. "Okay then." I say as he walks out.

~*~
We all squeeze in the car that Clayton and I rented. "Oh great even better she's driving." Joc says. "I happen to be a great driver." I say rolling my eyes. "True." Joc says. "She happened to be the person who drove the tanks." Kelly says. "Oh right." Joc says nodding.

I roll my eyes knowing he doesn't care. I drive off and everyone makes small talk about what to do when they get to Miami.

We get to the stadium and everyone begins to get ready for warm ups and a big talk from a guest.

"You okay?" Corey asks placing a hand on my lower back. "Ya why?" I ask. "You just have a frown on." He says. "I'll talk to you later." I say. Corey nods and leans down to kiss me before walking over to his locker.

"Hey Julia, can you warm them up today?" Coach Roberts asks. "Ya sure." I say nodding. "Thank you very much." He says smiling. I nod and walk outside to the field.

I see the Cubs warming up already and some fans watching. I sigh and begin to stretch my arms. "Hey." Trayce says walking out to the field. "Oh hi." I say awkwardly.

"I'm sorry about what I said." Trayce says. "It's forgotten." I say. Trayce nods and I look at him. "Look we already see each other everyday, now we'll be sleeping under the same roof. I don't want to talk about what happened not now and not yet. I'm not ready." I say.

"I understand." Trayce says. I nod and he sighs. "All I'm saying is sorry." He says. "Okay and I said its forgotten." I say.

Trayce nods before walking back into the clubhouse. The boys begin to walk out and stretch.

"So what are we doing today Coach Julia?" Corey jokes. "Um, I plan on running and working out those legs." I say. Joc chuckles and I toss everyone a baseball so they can start doing a drill.

"How are they doing?" Coach Roberts asks. "Great." I say nodding. He nods and begins to make a lineup.

~*~

After the game we earned our second lost against the Cubs. Corey exits the clubhouse angrily and I sigh knowing that soon I'd have to live with three angry boys if they lose again.

Corey and Trayce were moving in with Joc and I. Sadly all the girls I knew either had their own house and earned lots of money or were in the military most of the time.

"Corey." I say as I finally catch up to him. "Oh hey." He says leaning down to kiss me. "What's wrong?" I ask. "Nothing just mad at myself." He says groaning.

"Don't be. To be able to win you need to know how it feels to lose." I say placing a hand on his shoulder. "God I chose the right woman for me." Corey says bringing me close to him.

I smile and Joc gags. "Gross Corey. How do you love that thing?" Joc jokes. "Shut up." I say rolling my eyes. Corey smiles and kisses me anyway. "I don't know how do you not?" Corey asks.