Chapter 67 : The Party Love Pt. 1

40 votes and 42 comments for next chapter

I wake up the next day next to Corey. Corey. I quickly get up and remember yesterday's events. I admitted it. I loved Corey and he took me out to the restaurant we were suppose to go to last time, but I made him cancel the reservations.

Today, was a big day for me. Our mayor, Eric Garcetti is throwing a party to honor me coming back to the service for Los Angeles. Which was rare for woman to be honored. Corey agreed to be my date and also be a quest speaker at the party. Joc and Trayce will be speaking also.

I walk downstairs and laugh when I see Trayce trying to do a push up with Kelly on his back. "There she is!" Kelly says standing up. "The girl of the day." She adds smiling. I blush and Trayce stands up. "Not to mention the screamer of last night." He says. I stare at him confused and Kelly playfully slaps his arm.

"Oh Corey!" Trayce says. I gasps and Kelly widens her eyes. "I did not!" I say. "You did." Trayce says smirking. I blush and feel arms wrap around me. "And there is the man of the day." Kelly says changing the topic. "I'll admit i'm sure Joc has a better speech than me." Corey says. "Well of course, he's the brother." Trayce says walking to the kitchen. I roll my eyes and grab Corey's hand as we walk to the kitchen.

"That doesn't mean anything." I say glaring at Trayce. "Trust me Julia, Joc will have the speech that brings you to tears, yet leaves you with a smile." Trayce says. I roll my eyes and Corey shrugs. "He has a point, Joc has a way with words." Corey says. "You know what? There aren't any speeches that are better than the others. I'm sure all you guys have great speeches." I say sighing.

Trayce rolls his eyes and I sigh. "Don't be so negative, you're the one who asked me if you could speak at the party." I say opening the refrigerator. "You have a point there." Trayce says sitting down on the stool. I chuckle and grab the eggs. "I am making omelettes. Who wants one?" I ask. All of them raise their hands and I chuckle, "Okay then. I should be getting to work." I say taking out a pan.

~*~
After breakfast, Kelly begins to help me down my hair and makeup. Sam also comes over to help me get ready and to keep us company. "So you're back with Corey?" Sam asks. "Yes." I say turning my head to look at her. "What happens when you leave?" Sam asks. "We'll write letters to each other." I say nodding. "And I should be home for Christmas." I say shrugging. "Julia, I'm not sure he could last that long without you. It's only May." Sam says. "Well I'm not leaving yet Sam. I'll be leaving in September." I say.

"Still, you know how long these things can go Julia. A year, year and a half, and if you're lucky then six months. Corey deserves someone who will be there for him. He's young and has an amazing future ahead of him." Sam says. "Sam! Don't you think Julia deserves someone like Corey? After what she has done for the team, for her brother, and us? Including you!" Kelly yells. "I think Corey should be with someone who is there to see his career instead of on a tv or a sheet of paper that has his stats for that season." Sam says.