Chapter 57 : Back In Time

38 votes and 30 comments for next chapter

Corey stares at me quietly and I wait for an answer. "That was before I knew how lovely and beautiful Britney was." Corey says. "No, there's more to it." I say. "Why did you want to be stopped?" I ask. "I don't know what game your playing Julia, but I don't have to answer to you. I love Britney and that's all you need to know." He says. "The game I'm playing? You're the one who made the game up. Not me." I say before walking back to the table.

Corey follows me and I roll my eyes not wanting to be here anymore. Britney pulls Corey aside and Jose smiles at me as I sit down next to him. "So what exactly did happen?" Jose asks. I sigh and go back in time.

~*~
February 13, 2019
Sounds of machines were beeping through the room. I was alone. And if I wasn't then they were quiet. It was dark, I still couldn't see, but I felt someone touch my hand.

"Julia." They spoke. The voice came from Corey. I smile to myself thankful he came to visit me the day before Valentines. "I met a girl." He says. My smile had faded away and I knew whatever he said after this would bring me down.

"Her name is Britney, and she's a real nice girl." He states as he squeezes my hand harder. "I love her with all my heart, and I want to propose to her." I wanted to wake up and slap him hard across his cheek. It was painful to hear these things, "If I ever get married to Britney you better wake up and stop me."

Why? Why did he want me to stop him. I couldn't speak so I couldn't ask the million questions I wanted to ask. "I have to go, I have to help Joc with his valentines plans." He says. A kiss on my forehead was felt and the sound of footsteps left the room.

~*~
Now
José stares at me in surprise and I shrug. "There's no point. He won't tell me why he wants me to stop him." I say. José frowns and I nod, "I think I should get going though. This was a bad idea to even come here." I say. "It wasn't a bad idea Julia." José says. "It's clear he doesn't want anything to do with me. It's just time for me to move on. I can handle the truth José, but I can't handle being lied to." I say shaking my head. "Julia you are blind." José says. I raise an eyebrow confused and he smiles, "I've always loved you, and I always will." José says quietly.

I widen my eyes and he smiles at me. "And yes I told you that I asked you to the gala just to make Corey jealous, but the truth is your happy with him and not me. I rather see you happy with him than sad with me-" "Jose please shut up." I say laughing as I pull him into a kiss.

José smiles as we both pull out the kiss. "If we're gonna do this I wanna go slow." I say. José nods and Corey and Britney return to the table. "I think we should get going." Britney says. "What's wrong?" Jose asks. "Nothing, I just need to have a talk with Corey." Britney says. José and I nod and we begin to walk back to the car.

The ride to Kiké's house was quiet. Not even the radio played. Corey gripped the steering wheel making his knuckles turn white. "Corey driver slower." Britney demands as Corey speeds through the street.

"Corey the light is yellow slow down!" Britney yells. I grip my leg scared of Corey's driving. The yellow light soon turned red and Corey ran the red light. The honk of a big truck is heard and I turn my head to my right and Corey presses on the gas making us go faster.

The car stops and I look up from my hands and turn to Corey. "What the hell is wrong with you!" I yell. Corey stares at me and I look down at my hands. "You could of killed us." I say glaring at him. "But I didn't." Corey says. "You have some real problems Seager. I don't know what happened to you over the past three years, but I sure know that I don't like this new person you've become." I say shaking my head. I open the door and stick one leg out, "Where are you going?" Corey asks. "I'll walk my way back to Kiké's." I say.

Britney and Jose get out of the car and both glare at Corey. "You know what's she's been through yet here you are speeding pass red lights." Jose says helping me out of the car. Corey stares at Jose and I, "Look I'm sorry Julia, just get back in the car." I shake my head and Britney helps get my wheelchair out of the trunk. "You're sleeping on the couch tonight." Britney says glaring at Corey. "Where are you going?" Corey asks staring at Britney. "I'm helping Julia." She says opening my wheelchair and pointing at it, telling me to sit.

I sit down and Corey stares at us. "Fine, you guys walk." He says before speeding off. Britney shakes her head and begins to roll my wheelchair in the direction of Kiké's house.

"I'm sorry about him." Britney says. I shake my head, "It isn't your fault." I say. "It is, I'm the one who saw him change into this person yet I didn't do anything about it." Britney says. I turn to her and Britney smiles, "It isn't your fault Britney, it's Joc's. He wasn't there for Corey and they're like brothers." I say before turning back around.

Britney stays quiet and so does Jose. "But then again Joc hasn't been a good brother lately." I add.

~*~
When we get to the house I had to get ready for tonight's game, along with Jose and Britney. I loaned Britney some clothes so she doesn't have to go to the house to get some.

I admitted it, I liked Britney. She was a nice, sweet girl but I hated the fact she dated Corey. And no I don't see us being best friends in the future, but I do know she'll always be there for me even if I treated her like crap.