Chapter 29 : OTP

Corey smiles and pulls out a bag

Corey smiles and pulls out a bag. I stare at him confused and he hands me the bag. "Shoes." He says. I smile, "You know me so well." I say looking down at my uncomfortable heels. Corey smiles and we both stand up. "We're leaving." Corey says. Joc nods and waves us off as he continues to talk.

I chuckle and Corey grabs my hand. "Okay we came in separate cars." I say pointing to his and mine. Corey stares at them both decided which one to go in. I smile knowing he will choose mine, and he does. We walk to my car and I get in the passenger seat.

~*~
We stop and I stare out the window to see that we were at the beach. I smile and we both get out. I take off my heels and throw them in the backseat before grabbing the shoes Corey brought me.

Corey grabs ahold of my hand and we begin to walk towards the water. "I like to see the moon above the water." Corey says admiring the view. I smile and turn to him. "Why not the sun?" I ask. Corey smiles and looks down at me. "I love the sun, I really do. Just wait for my explanation. The moon reminds me of myself, and you're the sun. Without you,  I wouldn't shine." Corey says wrapping his arm around my waist.

I smile, "Corey, your not just the moon. You're the stars and more." I say. Corey smiles and leans down to kiss me. "By the way, I'm sure you'd shine with or without me." I say laughing. "Not true. The only reason I wake up everyday is because of you. You are the reason why I work so hard." Corey says standing behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Why? So you can show off?" I joke. "Exactly." Corey says smiling. I roll my eyes and Corey laughs. I turn to the sky and stare at the many starts that shine bright.

"You don't shine as bright as the stars." I say turning around to face Corey. Corey raises his eyebrows confused. "You shine brighter." I say smiling. Corey blushes and brings me into a hug. "I love you so much." He says. "I love you too."

~*~
The next day I had work and the boys had a game. I softly touch Corey to wake him up. "Huh?" He asks slowly sitting up in bed. "I'm leaving for work." I say puckering my lips for a kiss. "Oh, I'll walk you to your car." He says lifting the blankets so he can get up.

Corey slips on a shirt and we walk downstairs. I find Trayce knocked out on the couch and sigh. I walk over to the tv and turn it off then walk to Trayce. "Trayce you better get to your bed so you won't be sore tomorrow." I say poking him. Trayce wakes up immediately. "Thanks." He says standing up. "See you in 48 hours. Unless Corey kidnaps you." Trayce says chuckling as he walks upstairs.

Corey chuckles and we walk outside. "I love you." Corey says kissing me. "I love you too." I get into my car and roll down my window. "Stay safe and drive safe." Corey says. "Of course." I say nodding.

Corey smiles and I wave at him before leaving.

Hour 1
"Hey boss." Jeffrey says walking into my office. "What's up?" I ask standing up. "Well actually we found a case and we need you." He says. "Why is that?" I raise an eyebrow. "Because we need more backup on this one."

I nod and start dialing a number on the landline. "SWAT?" He asks. I nod and ask if they can meet us at our destination. They agree and we all begin to get ready.

Hour 5
"So we have a meeting today with Eric Garcetti." Sam says handing me a folder. "Those are things he wanted to take a look at." She adds pointing at it. "Thank you." I walk towards Travis' office.
"Hey." He says as I walk in. "You got anything?" I ask. Travis nods and points at the folder at the end of his desk. "Thanks." He nods and I walk to Jeffrey's office.

"Hi." I say walking into his office. "Sign these please." He says handing me a folder. I nod and walk out to head to Kelly's office. "Anything?" I ask peeking my head into her office. "Nope, we're good for today." She says smiling. "Thank you." I say, she nods and I walk back to my office with a bunch of folders in my hands.

Hour 10
"Jeffrey brought breakfast." Kelly says walking into my office. I quickly stand up and walk to our break room. I walk over to the coffee with my name written on it and take a sip. "Thank you Jeffrey." I say. He nods and holds up a pink box that holds donuts.

I smile knowing that he knew me well. I pick a donut and begin to eat. "It's only 10." Sam groans. "38 hours to go!" Kelly says smiling. I laugh and they all stare at Kelly in shock. "How are you so happy?" Sam asks. Kelly shrugs and they all continue to eat their food.

"I'll be in my office if anyone needs me." Travis says walking out of the break room. "Lover boy is here." Sam says pointing to the waiting room. I turn and find Corey sitting down reading something. I smile, "You two are so damn cute." Kelly says. "Thank you." She nods and I walk out to Corey.

"Hey." Corey greets me smiling. "Hi." I say before bringing him into a kiss. "What brings you here?" I ask. "I brought you some food for the day." He says pointing to the bag in his hands. "But it looks like you got that covered." He points to my donut in my hand. "No, Jeffrey was kind enough to buy all of us breakfast." I say. Corey nods and I lead him into my office.

"Get it Julia!" Travis yells from his office. I turn and hate myself for agreeing to glass walls. Corey smiles and I shake my head. "What have you guys been up to today?" Corey asks. "Um well today we saved a little boy's life he got kidnapped, but wait, there's a twist. The people who kidnapped him are drug dealers. So we had a pretty busy day, and this is just ten hours into our 48 hour job." Corey nods impressed. "My girlfriend is a badass." Corey says smiling. I chuckle and he leans down to kiss me.

"When does your game start?" I ask. "Seven." I nod and Jeffrey walks into my office. "Sorry to interrupt, but the Mayor is here." Jeffrey says. "Right." I say. "Wait the mayor?" Corey asks confused. I nod and Corey widens his eyes, "That's so cool." He says smiling. I chuckle and I fix my uniform before walking to the waiting room to find the mayor and some of his bodyguards.

"Hello Miss. Pederson." Eric says holding out his hand for me to shake. "Mr. Garcetti." I say nodding. "You can call me Julia." I add. "And you can call me Eric." He says smiling. Corey walks up to me and looks down at me. "I'm gonna get going." Corey says.

"Ahh, you must be Julia's boyfriend." Eric says turning to Corey. Corey nods and Eric holds out his hand. "Eric Garcetti." He says smiling. "Corey Seager." They shake hands and Eric turns to me. "I didn't know you were dating a baseball player." Eric says raising his eyebrows. "We just never have time to talk about our personal lives." I say pointing down to the folder in my hands. "Right, well it was a pleasure meeting you Corey. I look forward to you bringing the Commissioner's Trophy here to LA." Eric says. "Pleasure meeting you too." Corey says before leaning down to kiss me. "Good luck." I say before he leaves.

Hour 20

"I am taking a nap!" Sam yells. I give her a thumbs up and she closes her blinds. I should get blinds I thought. I walk out of my office and into Travis'. "You find a case?" I ask. Travis nods and motions to the chair for me to sit.

"The victim, Justine Pederson-"
"Wait, as in my sister?" I ask raising an eyebrow. Travis shrugs and turns his laptop for me to see. "Yup, that's her."