Chapter 59 : Changed Woman

38 votes and 30 comments for next chapter

"Let's go." I say walking out the clubhouse and onto the field. "But I need to change into-" "If you were me you would of came to the stadium dressed in your uniform and if you didn't you would of came extra early to change. But you didn't. We'll work on that." I say quickly.

Marley follows close behind me as I make my way to home plate to watch batting practice. "Woah Marley." Kiké says. Marley smiles at him, "Hello." Kiké waves at her then grabs his bat to hit. It was an awkward silence between Marley and I. Why hasn't she tried to tackle me? Or even tried to bring up the past? This isn't Marley, and if it is then she has changed big time.

"So how have you been Marley?" I ask trying to make it less awkward. "I've been good. This past year has been really hard." Marley says turning to me. "How about you?" She adds. "Its been tiring." I say chuckling. "Danny told me you got in a big car accident. Sorry to hear about that." Marley says. I shrug, "I'm here and that's all that counts." I say. Marley nods.

"So how long were you out?" Marley asks raising an eyebrow. "Three years." I say turning away from her. Marley gasps, "How did Corey take it?"

I stay quiet for awhile, "He has a fiancé, her name is Britney and she's a nice girl. She deserves a guy like Corey. I'll be off in a couple of months and if Corey and I were still dating he'd be broken that I was gone again. So I like it this way better." I say. Marley nods in agreement. "Speaking of Corey. I'm sorry for all the trouble I have caused you two in the past." Marley says. I smile, "It's fine." Marley nods and we turn to batting practice.
"Hello." Someone says behind me. I turn around and find José smiling ear to ear. "Hey." I say smiling. José leans down to kiss my cheek. "Are you starting tonight?" I ask. José nods and I smile, "Okay I'll be there in a second to warm ups." José nods and begins to walk towards the outfield.

"So I also help pitchers warm up before they head into the bullpen." I say. Marley nods and I look down at my watch. "We should start." I say and begin to walk to the outfield with Marley.

"So you and José? You two a thing?" Marley asks. I shrug, "It's complicated." I say. Marley nods and I begin to jog to catch up to José. "Let's get going." I say and point to my watch. José nods and we begin to jog to the bullpen.

~*~
After the game we all decided to go out to dinner. And by we I mean José, Trayce, Corey, Joc, Britney, Justin, Kourtney, Clayton, Ellen, Kiké, Mariana, and Marley.

We all decide to just go to Joc's house and have a barbecue. I didn't want to since last time I was there everything went bad, but of course I went.

I walk into the house and it looked different than before. The pictures that hung in the room were different pictures. The pictures were filled with Corey, Justine, Joc, Britney, and the Thompson's. Joc stares at me waiting for a reaction, but I stay quiet.

"Um where are my other belongings I left here?" I question. "They're in the closet." Joc says. I walk upstairs to the small closet that held my belongings. A box falls immediately and papers fall out.

I knee down to the papers and begin to gather them. My name catches my eyes and I turn to it.
To: Julia
From: Joc
It was a sealed blue envelope with a Dodgers sticker on it. I look at the stairs and see no one walking my way and quickly rip the envelope open.

January 23, 2018

Dear Julia,
Today I thought real hard about letting you go. You've been out for two years and I didn't know if you were feeling any pain. I didn't want you to go through that. Corey came to visit you. He begged me not to let you go yet. I agreed and well, now we just wait. He cares for you Julia, and I hope you realize that when you come back. He may have Britney in his life, but his love life will end with you. I know it. But let's get back to the problem we have here. I want you to know that no matter what decision you make, to stay alive or to die, I will always love you and remember you as the wonderful person you are. You're my sister Julia, and no one can replace you. Never.

I hear footsteps and immediately begin to throw everything in the box. "What are you doing?" Joc questions as he notices the box of papers in my hands. "They fell when I opened the closet." I explain. "Give me those." He says grabbing the box from my hands. Joc glares at me, "Did you read anything in this box?" I shake my head and Joc stares at me, "Don't lie to me Julia."

"I read one." I say honestly. "Which one." Joc says dropping the box. "Um you were thinking of letting me go." I say. "Why would you do that Julia!" Joc yells searching through the box. "Next time don't look through things that aren't yours." He demands. "Well it was in my closet and had my name written on it." I say. "It doesn't mean anything Julia. Don't do it again." Joc says.

I shake my head in disbelief, "And you wonder why I don't come home. I'm not a child Joc!" I yell. "Obviously you are since you can't seem to know your manners or even drive!" He tells as he steps towards me. I stare at Joc surprised that he would bring that up. "Why would you even bring that up Joc?" I ask. Joc stays quiet and I shake my head, "Look who's acting like a child now." I say before pushing past him to walk downstairs.

"Whoa what's going on?" Kiké asks noticing the frown on my face. "Nothing, everything is fine." I lie. "Not so fast Pederson." Kiké says grabbing onto my wrist. "What?" I ask pulling my arm away from him. "What the hell is going on?" Kiké asks. "Nothing just let it go Enrique!" I yell before walking to the front door. Everyone watches me as I open the door and slam it shut when I walk out the house.

"Julia what are you doing?" I hear a female voice. I turn around and find Marley. I widen my eyes surprised that she followed me.

"I just need some air." I say. "That house holds all these problems that I can't seem to ever breathe when I'm in there." I add. Marley chuckles and walks towards me. "I'm guessing a lot of things have changed around here." Marley says. "You have no clue." I say turning to her. Marley sighs and it stays quiet for awhile.

After fifteen minutes I decide to speak, "I think we should get going." I motion to the house. Marley nods in agreement and we make our way to the front door. I take in one deep breath before opening the door and walking inside.

Everyone goes silent as they hear the front door slam shut. José walks towards me and gives me a worried expression. "You okay?" He asks. I nod and he smiles leaning down to kiss my forehead. "Julia do you mind helping me with the food?" Ellen asks. "No I don't mind." I say following her to the kitchen.

"Julia, I'm sorry." Joc says grabbing ahold of my arm. I turn to him and shake my head, "No matter how much you say that it won't fix anything. When will you realize that?"

~*~
The next day I wake up in a unfamiliar place. I look around and sigh knowing exactly where I was. Joc's house. I stand up from the couch and walk towards the stack of clothes that lay on the kitchen counter.

Julia,
We tried to wake you up for breakfast, but you wouldn't wake up. Here are some clothes for your day.
- Britney

I take the clothes and start wondering around the house for a bathroom with a shower in it. I walk into a room and find myself in Corey's room. "What are you doing?" Someone says behind me. I jump surprised that someone was here. I turn around and find Corey. "I was looking for a shower, and happened to open your bedroom door." I say. Corey nods and closes the door to his room. "There's one in Trayce's room. I'm sure he won't mind if you use it." Corey says pointing across the hall at a room. I nod and begin to walk to the room.

"But be careful, I think Marley is in there." Corey adds as I'm about to open the door. "Okay, I must of been drunk or something, because I don't remember a damn thing." I say.

Corey sighs and leans against his bedroom door. "Oh Julia, where do I begin?"