Chapter 32 : Danger In A Coffee Shop

10 votes and 2 comments for next chapter**

"Corey, I don't see why you're scared. You know I can defend myself." I say as he opens the door to the coffee shop. "Yes of course I know that, it's just she isn't like other girls that's all." He says getting in the line to order. I sigh and grab ahold of us hand. "I'm not either." I say. "I know you aren't, in fact you are better than other girls." He says leaning down to kiss me. I smile and he kisses my cheek before pointing to a table where a girl sits reading a book.

"That is Melanie." He says. I nod and start to pull away from him to introduce myself. "Wait, I'll go with you after I order." He motioning to the barista. "Fine." I say sighing. Corey smiles and wraps his arms around my waist. "You know you look beautiful today." He whispers into my ear. I blush and he kisses my cheek. "Very beautiful." He adds. I smile, "Thank you." I say as we reach the counter to order.

Corey orders for the two of us and pays also. There was no reason to fight him against paying for it since he always wins so I didn't bother.

When we get our drinks we make our way towards Melanie. As soon as we reach the table she looks up and smiles. "Corey." She says smiling. Corey smiles at her, but not his million dollar smile. It was something I've never seen before.

"You must be Julia. I am Melanie." She says holding out her hand for me to shake. I smile at her and shake it, "Nice to meet you Melanie." I say smiling. Melanie nods and points at the two chairs across from her, "Please sit." I nod and Corey and I take a seat.

"So how are you Corey?" Melanie asks turning to Corey. "I am doing great what about you?" Corey asks raising an eyebrow. "I'm good thank you." She says smiling. Corey nods and Melanie turns to me. "You're Joc Pederson's sister correct?" She asks. I nod and she smiles, "Joc is one of my favorite players." I smile, "Me too." I say chuckling.

Corey turns to me and raises an eyebrow, I shrug confused on his expression and he shakes his head before turning back to Melanie who is reading her book.

"How long have you been together?" Melanie asks. "About two months." Corey and I say at the same time. I laugh and Corey smiles placing a hand on my hand as it lays on the table. Melanie stares at our hands and Corey gives me a nervous look. "I have to go." She says standing up and grabbing her belongings. Corey raises an eyebrow and Melanie turns to us. "It's not you, it's me. I thought I would be ready to see Corey with someone else, but clearly I'm not." She says motioning to herself.

"But I promise you, I will meet you again in a more polite way." Melanie says before looking at Corey then me. "Please don't hurt him, he deserves the world." She says before leaving. I raise both my eyebrows and turn to Corey completely confused on what happened.

"I was not expecting that." Corey says pointing at Melanie as she gets into her car. "I agree with you. According to you, you said 'my life would be in danger' yet you were wrong." I say shaking my head. "It's because I thought she would-" "You!" Someone yells bursting through the doors of the coffee shop. "I stand corrected." Corey says.