Chapter 70 : Gone

30 votes and 30 comments for next chapter2 months later we found ourselves in the NLCS against the Giants

2 months later we found ourselves in the NLCS against the Giants. It was game day and everyone was serious. The series was 2-1 in favor of the Giants. "Julia get in here." Dave says knocking on my office. I nod and follow him to the clubhouse. Corey sat alone in the clubhouse at his locker looking at himself batting in slow motion on a computer.

"I haven't been hitting." Corey explains to the hitting coach. "What am I doing wrong?" Corey asks. "Julia come here for a second." Corey says. I nod and walk towards Corey. "Do you know what I'm doing wrong?" Corey asks. I look at the hitting coach and he nods for me to answer. I grab the laptop from Corey's hands and pull up a chair.

"Right here, you're turning your head and you're timing is a bit off." I say showing him. "And you're taking your step a bit early. Wait for it." The hitting coach says. Corey nods and turns to me. "Thank you." Corey says kissing my cheek. I nod and I stand up. "The boys are outside warming up." Dave says. "Okay I'll go help with bullpen today." I say. Dave nods and I walk out to the field and try to find Clayton.

Once I find him I walk with him to the bullpen. "Do you know the lineup tonight?" Clayton asks. "Yes, Utley, Seager, Turner, Gonzalez, Puig, Pederson, Grandal, Toles, and you." I say placing my glove down to stretch with Clayton. Clayton nods, "And what about the Giants? What's their lineup?"

I shrug, "That I do not know." I say. Clayton nods and begins to play catch with our bullpen catcher. "I'm all good here Julia." Clayton says. I nod and walk out of the bullpen and towards the field where the rest of the boys slowly come out to play catch and stretch.

"You know the boys love you and could use you for another season." Dave says to me. I turn to him and shake my head, "I already extended my stay here. I want to go do what I want to do after post season." I say. "What about your wedding?" Dave asks. "What about leaving your husband behind and possibly missing out the best moments of his career, and even Joc's." Dave says.

I frown when thinking about it, but shake my head. "I left already for Joc, I am not losing what I want to make someone happy when they wouldn't sacrifice for me half of the time I was here. I love Corey, I really do. So much that I'm going to marry him, but he also knew about me leaving. He knew that he would be alone in LA and I would be somewhere else. He stands by my side on this one. He knows going back will make me happy, and he accepts me going." I say. "No children, a long distance relationship, never waking up and turning to your left or right to see Corey, no dates, nothing will come good out of you leaving for you're relationship. Corey will not last without you. He can barley last without you while being his girlfriend, but just imagine being his wife. He wouldn't be able to handle that." Dave says.

I stay quiet, "Why do you even care if I stay or not?" I ask. "Well all need you Julia. We all took a big lost with Danny. We don't want to lose another big person in our lives." Dave says. I nod, "I'll think about it, but I doubt that I'd change my mind." I say before he nods and walks away.

~*~
The boys took a big win today in the 10th inning. I walk into the clubhouse and find Corey talking to reporters about his big hit. "Hey." Mariana says walking up to me. "Hi." I say smiling. "Are you flying to San Francisco right now?" Mariana asks. I nod and Mariana looks down at the suitcase in front of her. "This is Kiké's bag, I won't be flying until tomorrow, can you give it to him?" Mariana asks. I nod and she hugs me before leaving the clubhouse.

"Hey ready to go?" Corey asks. I nod and Corey grabs his bag and mine. "Wait let me give this Kiké really quick." Corey nods and I walk over to Kiké's locker and avoid the reporters. "Whatcha doing there Julia?" Kiké asks turning to me. All the cameras turn to me and I point to his bag. "Mariana wanted me to give this you." Kiké nods and gives me a thumbs up, "Thank you very much." Kiké says. I nod and walk towards Corey. "Are we all on the same flight?" I ask. "Some boys are leaving right now and some are leaving in the morning." Corey says. I nod and we all walk to the parking lot where the bus is.

~*~
When we land in San Francisco we go straight to the hotel room to get at least two hours of asleep before we wake up and have a meeting.

"Okay here we go." I say taking out the list that has the names for roommates. "Corey and Joc, Kiké and Ross, Chase and Clayton, Yasmani and Yasiel, Adrian and Andrew, and Justin and Charlie." I say. "What about you?" Corey asks. "Ellen and I are sharing a room." I say holding up the key. Corey nods and leans down to give me a kiss. "Get some rest." I say pointing to the boys. They all nod, "You guys are going to need it." I add before walking with Ellen to our room.

~*~

When I finished getting dressed Ellen and I walk down to the lobby

When I finished getting dressed Ellen and I walk down to the lobby. "Hey babe." Corey greets me. I smile at him and lean up to kiss him. "You look beautiful." He says smiling. "Thank you." I say fixing his buttons. "Wow you two look handsome." I say looking at Trayce and Corey. Trayce chuckles and points at Corey, "Corey doesn't even have to try to look that good." Trayce says.

I laugh and we all begin to walk to the buses outside

~*~
After our meeting I get dressed in my uniform for uniform day. "Hey there." Corey says as I walk onto the field. "Hi." I say smiling. "I wanted to talk about the wedding." Corey says. I raise my eyebrows surprised and he takes my hand. "I want to get married next week. Just a small crowd of people that we want. Just us. I don't need friends from high school that I barley talk to. Just us. What do you think?" Corey asks.

I smile and Corey waits for my answer, "I think that's a good idea."