Chapter 22 : First Day

Today was the day

Today was the day. I start my first day at the task force.

I put on my old uniform and smile at the mirror in front of me. It was a bit dusty, but Joc helped me out by cleaning it for me.

When I tie my boots up I walk downstairs with a bug thud caused by my boots. "There is my strong beautiful sister." Joc says smiling as he takes a picture.

I roll my eyes and Trayce smiles. "Nice uniform J." Trayce says. "Thank you." I say smiling. "Where's Corey?" I ask noticing him gone.

"He should be here soon." Joc says as he checks his watch. I nod and stand there awkwardly as we wait.

Finally it was time for me to go. "Okay, I'm going to be late." I say motioning to my watch. Joc nods and I give the two a hug before leaving.

Corey's car pulls up to the driveway and he hurries out the car. Corey walks up to me and holds out blue flowers to me. "You get it, because your in the navy." He says. I chuckle and plant a kiss on his lips. "Thank you." I say smiling.

Corey nods and pulls me into a hug. "Okay I have to go." I say. "I'll be counting down the hours." Corey says as he lets go of me. I smile and he grins.

~*~

When I get to the office we have I walk in and see Travis, Jeffrey, Kelly, and Sam. "Hey." I say smiling at them. They smile and I look around the empty room.

"Looks like we're gonna need some things." I say. "Yes we do." She says. "So before we get started on that, what are our jobs?" Travis asks. "Travis you're on finding cases and trying to crack the suspect, Kelly you're on tech and evidence with Sam, Sam you're on evidence and making sure the victim is in good hands, Jeffrey you're on security and planing in the field actions with me, and I'm on weapons and planing field actions." I say.

They all nod and I check the time. "We should get going on the office."

~*~
I was finished finally, 48 hours of true tiredness. "See you in 48 hours." Travis says chuckling as he gets into his car. I nod and wave bye to him before getting into mine.

The good thing about the office is that it had a room for sleep, a shower to wash up, and a room for a washer and dryer . I take off and drive to the dodger stadium since the boys were playing soon. The last two games they lost so I knew they were going to be either angry or very serious.

I didn't have much time to change so I ran to the field to start warm ups.

"Welcome back Julia." Coach Roberts says. "Thank you." I say smiling. "Mind starting batting practice?" He asks. I shake my head and he nods. "Thank you." He says smiling before walking back into the clubhouse.

"Okay let's get going." I yell as the stadium begins to get filled with fans to watch batting practice. The boys nod and begin to bat.

"Nice uniform Julia!" Someone yells in the stands. I turn and chuckle to find Madi. "Haven't seen you in awhile." I say as she walks slowly to the field. "I've been busy so gave my tickets to a good friend of mine." She says smiling. I nod and she motions to my uniform. "Back at it again?" She asks. "Yes." I say smiling. "That's good, at least you can stay close to Joc." She says.

I smile and nod, "That's the best part." I say. Madi smiles and motions to one of the boys calling for me. "I'll talk to you later Madi." I say before walking to Kiké. "Back in the lineup I see." I say smiling.

"Yes, finally." He says happily. "Well look at you. I'm glad you chose what you wanted." Kiké says before taking a couple of swings with his bat. "I am too." I say nodding. "I hope you don't mind we nominated you to be the Military Hero of the Game." Clayton says walking up to me. "No, that's okay." I say nodding.

"Good because it's sort of late to take it back." Clayton says grinning. Reports crowd me about Military Hero of the Game. "So how is it like to be in the field?" One asks. "I'm in a task force at the moment and we're barley getting started. But I can feel that we are going to be a great team." I say. "So your not actually in the field?" They ask. "Not at the moment, but when I was it was tough." I say. They nod and scribble it down before asking more questions.

~*~
When it was game time I was called out to the field to be introduced. "Julia Pederson, Navy Seal and recently joined a task force that was offered by the president of the United States for great duty in the field! Also the sister of outfield number 31 Joc Pederson, and the girlfriend of infield number five Corey Seager! Julia also helps train and condition the Los Angeles Dodgers." The announcer says. Everyone claps and someone begins to sing the Star Spangled Banned.

At the end of the game or losing streak went up to three games. I walk to the clubhouse and wait until the boys have changed and cleaned up before going inside. "Hey Julia." Ellen says. "Ellen I haven't seen you in a long time, how are you?" I ask pulling her into a hug. "I'm doing good we just had our little girl." Ellen says as Clayton walks up to her. "Clayton! Why didn't you tell me? Congratulations you two." I say smiling. Ellen smiles and Corey walks up to me.

"Here." Corey says handing me his phone. "What?" I ask looking at it confused. "Can you hold it?" He asks. "And don't let the boys take it from you." He adds. I nod and places a kiss on my cheek. "Be right back." He says before walking. "Who has Corey's phone? I know he gave it to someone!" Kiké yells. I turn red and Clayton chuckles.

"I know you have it Julia, he trusts you the most." Kiké says as he walks towards me. "No I don't!" Corey yells trying his best to get Kiké away from me. I try my best not to laugh and Kiké laughs at me. "Okay then, I guess I'll just call his phone." He says pulling his phone out. I widen my eyes and Corey's phone starts ringing in my back pocket. "Ha!" Kiké says pointing to me. I turn red and Corey grabs my hand and guides me quickly out the clubhouse.

I smile when he pulls me into a hug. "So you've seen how we've been doing on the field, but how was your first day?" Corey asks looking down at me. "It was good, we didn't get a case but we started fixing our office and it's going well." I say smiling. Corey nods and we walk into the players parking lot.

"Well that's good." Corey says smiling as we walk to my car. I toss my keys to him and look at him tiredly. "I'm too sleepy to drive." I say. Corey nods and gets into the drivers seat. "I'm proud of you Julia Pederson." Corey says leaning over to me. I blush and he leans in to kiss me.