Chapter 37 : Mixed With Hate

26 votes and 9 comments for next chapter

The next morning I walk downstairs and see Ellen with Cali. "Hey Julia, Clayton went out with some of the boys." She says. I nod and look at Cali who is eating pancakes. "Are you hungry?" She asks. "Actually, I'll be going out with some friends for breakfast." I say. Ellen smiles and nods, "If you want I can take Cali if you need to run some errands." I say. "Actually I was going to ask you if you could get something's for me at the grocery store." Ellen says holding up a list. "Oh sure I'll get them before I come back." I say. "Thank you I'll pay you back." she says. "No it's fine." I say smiling.

Ellen smiles and I turn to Cali to wave at her before walking back upstairs to get ready.

Once I was finished I grab my purse and keys and walk downstairs. "See you later Ellen." I say as Cali and her sit on the couch watching tv. "See you later Julia, drive safe." She says. "I'll try my best." I say chuckling before leaving.

When I get to IHOP I quickly spot Christian sitting towards the back. "Hey." He says smiling. "Hi." I say smiling. "Get any good sleep?" Christian asks. "Not really." I say honestly. Christian frowns and I shrug. "It's been a long week." I add remembering the events that happened.

Christian nods and our waitress walks over to us to take our order. Once she leaves Christian and I turn back to each other. "So what are you doing now besides being an athletic trainer?" Christian asks. "I'm in a task force that was put together by the government." I say smiling. "Oh wow, that's good Julia. Something you love." He says. I nod in agreement and turn to my hands that rest on the table.

"What's been on your mind lately?" Christian asks noticing my frown. "Nothing." I say shaking my head. Christian frowns and I shrug. "It's nothing, don't worry." I say smiling. Christian nods and I look up noticing a tall figure. Corey.

"Hey Julia." Marley says following him. "Hi." I say rolling my eyes. "Hey Corey." Christian says standing up to shake his hand. "Hello Christian." Corey says. "Please, join us." Christian says motioning to the empty spot next to him and I. Marley quickly slides next to Christian which forces Corey to sit next to me.

"How's the season going for you guys?" Christian asks. "Great." Corey says. Christian nods, "Julia was just telling me how she was the Dodgers' athletic trainer. She's good at guiding, am I right?"

Corey looks at me then Christian. "Yes she is." Corey says. Marley glares at Corey and I ignore the fact that she and Corey may or may not be dating.

"Don't you have work today?" Marley asks changing the subject. "Yes, but not till twelve." I say. "Its ten right now." Marley says. "Yes which leaves me two hours until twelve if you don't know how to do math." I say. Marley crosses her arms and I sigh not wanting to be here anymore.

"You still work for that stupid task force?" Marley asks. "That stupid task force may or may not be there for you when someone breaks into your home and you scream for help since they are choking you in your sleep. So I'd watch what you say." I say. Marley rolls her eyes, "As if I can't defend myself." I shrug and Christian stares at Marley.

"Aren't you that girl who got mad at Julia when she took your group?" Christian asks. "Yes that is her." I say nodding. "And you two are dating." Christian says pointing to Marley and Corey.

Marley nods and reaches over the table to touch Corey's hand. I turn to Corey and he smiles back at Marley. "Excuse me." I say motioning for Corey to slide out of the booth so I can get out. Corey does so and Christian stares at me confused. "I'll be right back." I tel him before I walk to the ladies restroom.

I walk in and look in the mirror to realize I was crying. The door opens and I turn around quickly to find Corey. "What are you doing in here? This is the girls restroom." I say. "I know." He says placing his hands behind his back. "Then what do you want?" I ask. "You." He says. I shake my head and he frowns.

"You come here with her and expect me to be all good with it? In fact she's the one person I wouldn't want you with." I say. Corey sighs and I shake my head. "Yeah well you were here with Christian." Corey says. "So what? We aren't the ones dating you two are." I say. "Well breakfast with your ex does seem a bit suspicious." Corey says.

I shrug, "If you think so." I say leaning against the sink. "Yes well you did sleep with him." He says. I stay quiet and stare at Corey. "If you came in here to list the things I am doing wrong in life then please go." I say turning around.

"Why are you crying Julia?" Corey asks quietly. "You know exactly why." I say not bothering to turn around. "You act like I don't care about you Julia. I have and always will." Corey says.

"Then why do I find it so hard to believe you?" I ask. Corey stays quiet and I turn around after I wipe away my tears. "We can talk about this all day and we won't solve anything." I say before walking towards the door. "Wait." Corey says grabbing my hand and turning me around. I widen my eyes surprised of his actions when he pulls me into a kiss.

When I pull out the kiss I stare at Corey long before realizing Marley was in there staring at us in shock. "What the hell Corey!" She yells.