Chapter 62 : Gas Pedal

30 votes and 30 comments for next chapter

A knock on my door startles me, "Come in." I speak. Corey walks into the room and I stare at him surprised that he would be the one to talk to me.

"Hey Julia." Corey says nervously. I sit up in bed and stare at him waiting for him to begin. "There's more to your story than you not being ready. I know you." Corey says. "You don't know me Corey." I say. Corey points to me bed, "May I?" He asks. I nod and Corey sits down.

"I know you more than you know yourself Julia." Corey says. "What makes you believe that?" I ask. "Believe that? I know that. One hundred percent." Corey says. "You don't know me, because I don't even know myself." I say. "Julia, I loved you for two years, I know every flaw, every perfection, every thought, every action, and every emotion you may have. I have loved you so much that it has become a specialty to know when something is wrong or what is wrong with you." Corey says smiling.

"You ran from the car, from us not because you weren't ready, but because you won't let go of the past. You're ready, we all know you are or else we wouldn't have done this. You, my friend are too scared and afraid to let go off the past and move on." Corey says. "My past has a lot to do with this, but the truth is I am not ready." I say.

"You say that because you don't want to agree with me. You're ready Julia, not once in my life have you not been prepared to take the next step in life. You are ready." Corey says placing a hand on my shoulder. I stare at his hand and close my eyes, "Get out of my room." "Wha-what did i do?" Corey asks confused.

"I am not ready and you keep pushing me!" I yell. "Well if you don't push yourself then who will?" Corey asks raising his eyebrows. I stay quiet and Corey stands up and leaves my room.

I sigh, and stand up to leave my room. Corey was right, I was ready. But something told me that once I got in the drivers seat that I wouldn't be able to press the gas pedal. Then again I must push myself to move on.

I walk out of the house and find everyone exactly where they are. "Thank you all." I say frowning. "I accept the gift, but i'm not sure when id be able to drive." I add. They all smile, "We're here for you Julia." Mariana says. I smile and Joc tosses me the keys. "Why don't we go out for breakfast?" Clayton asks. "I actually have to go into work." Travis says raising his hand. We nod and he walks towards me and hugs me. "I'll see you later hopefully." He says before kissing my cheek and walking to his car.

A car pulls up to my driveway and I stare at it before recognizing it. "I'm gonna go change so we can get going, can you leg José in?" I ask Trayce. Trayce nods and I jog into the house up to my room.

 Trayce nods and I jog into the house up to my room