Chapter 26 : Closer

"No way I'm doing that

"No way I'm doing that." I say as Joc pushes towards a plate of sushi to me. "Just try it!" He says smiling. "Joc! You know I cant." I say glaring at him. "Chicken!" Kiké yells before copying the sounds of one. "Takes one to know one." I say before sticking out my tongue.

Kiké rolls his eyes and takes the plate of sushi away from me. "You don't deserve it anymore." He says sticking out his tongue. "Whatever weirdo." I say sitting back on the couch. "Don't you have work today?" Trayce asks as he walks into the living. "Yes I do." I say nodding. "When do you start?" He asks taking the plate filled with the disgusting sushi Joc loves. "I start at three." I say pointing to the clock that reads 12.

Trayce nods and I smile as Corey walks into the house with food. "Hey." He says walking into the living room and laying down the box of pizza."For the non-sushi lovers." He says. I smile knowing that he knew me so well now. "I have to go run an errand before the game so I gotta go." Corey says grabbing his bag filled with clean clothes for after the game.

"Oh okay." I say nodding. Corey smiles and leans down to kiss me. "I'll see you in 48 hours, starting at three." I say. Corey smiles and kisses me again. "Sounds like a plan." He says before waving goodbye to the boys. Corey leaves and it was just the three of us again watching The Longest Ride.

"So how have you and Corey been?" Kiké asks. "Great." I say nodding. Kiké smiles and I nod. "You two are so cute. Not to mention the cute babies you two will make." Kiké says winking. "Wait what?" Joc asks. "No babies." He adds. I smile and they all join me on the couch.

"So my brother Klay will be visiting and I just wanted to ask if it was alright if he spent three nights with us." Trayce says. "Sure." Joc and I say. Trayce nods and we all turn to the tv. "What's it like to date him?" Kiké asks out of the blue. "Date who?" Joc asks. "Corey." Kiké says as he turns to me.

I laugh and Kiké waits for an answer. "It's nice, he treats me well and he loves me for who I am." I say. "That's good." Kiké says nodding. "Indeed it is." I say smiling. At the thought of Corey I begin to miss him already. Kiké smirks and my smile fades as I see the couple in the movie having a good time.

"Julia are you okay?" Joc asks. "I'm fine. Um I'll be in my room if anyone needs me." I say walking upstairs.

~*~
I get to work later on and I'm the second one there. "Hello." Travis says handing me a folder. "What's this?" I ask. "A case." He says leaning against my desk as he drinks his coffee. "Oh you found one?" I ask. "Of course I did." He says smiling. I chuckle and open it to find evidence from the scene. "Okay why don't you call Jeffrey and make a plan with him. I'm not feeling well." I say sitting down.

"What's wrong?" He asks. "I don't know." I say shrugging as I look at the floor. "Okay well I'll give you some space, and check in with you later." Travis says as he walks out my office.

I stare at the clock 48 hours to go. I guess my expectations of working and being close to Corey and Joc were not going well. I put my head in the palm of my hands and sigh.