Chapter 44 : What You've Done To Me

33 votes and 22 comments for next chapter

The field was set and we were ready to warm up as fans slowly begin to fill he stadium. "Hey Julia help Clayton stretch please." Dave says. I nod and Clayton and I begin to do a light jog just to warm up.

"So Corey seems very angry about Yelich." Clayton says looking at Corey who glares at Christian who is jogging towards Clayton and I. "Yes very angry." I say in agreement. Christian finally reaches us and smiles. "Hi Julia." He says smiling. I smile and he shakes Clayton's hand. "I am Christian." "Clayton."

Christian turns to me and smiles, "I was wondering if you wanted to go out after the game." I frown and Clayton raises his eyebrows. "I'm sorry Christian I'm busy after the game." I lie. Christian nods, "Oh okay, maybe another time." He says. I nod in agreement and he smiles. "I'll catch up with you later." He says before jogging back to his dugout.

Corey runs towards Clayton and I making Clayton turn to me and widen his eyes. "Hurry up and run to the bullpen." I say running towards the bullpen. Clayton chuckles and watches as I run. I feel arms wrap around my waist and pick me off the ground.

"Put me down!" I yell. They do so and I turn to see Corey. "What did he want?" Corey asks. "Nothing, now if you'll excuse me I have to do my job." I say pointing to the bullpen. "Why? You don't even warm up pitchers." Corey says. "But I do condition them." I say pointing at Clayton who is stretching now. "What did Christian say?" Corey asks. "Nothing, he said nothing. He just came up to us and said hello." I say. "You're lying." Corey says pointing at me.

"No, you just don't believe me." I say crossing my arms. Corey shakes his head and I shrug. "Now go and stretch before Dave gets mad at you." I say shaking my head. "I'll be in the bullpen." I say before jogging to the bullpen.

~*~
After the game we won against the Marlins 6-3. Joc homered and Trayce did also.

"Hey babe." I say walking up to Corey. "Do not call me that." Corey says without turning to face me. "Why not?" I ask. "Because I am mad at you for lying." Corey says. "Corey I didn't lie." I say. "Julia, I'm not stupid! When you lie your hands shake, and when you said that Christian said nothing your hands were shaking so much I thought they would fall off." Corey says shaking his head.

I cross my arms and Corey turns to face me. "If we're going to have problems about a guy I don't even like this was a mistake. Clearly you don't trust me enough to talk to guys." I say. "I trust you Julia, but I don't trust him." Corey says before grabbing his backpack and slipping it on. "I'll see you on the bus." He says before walking away.

I stare down at my shoes and turn to Corey to see his back towards me. I sigh and grab my bag before walking out of the clubhouse.

~*~
The next day I wake up to the sound of Joc's alarm clock. I groan and Joc turns off the annoying sound. "Sorry." He says. I throw the blankets off my body and make my way out of our room.

I walk towards the table that has water bottles. "Hey." Trayce says walking into the room. "Hi." I say opening a water bottle. "Are you hungry?" He asks holding up a bag filled with food.

"Yes, very." I say nodding. Trayce nods and sets the bag on the table. "Pancakes are for you." He says. "Thank you." I say smiling. He nods and I grab the foam container that holds pancakes. "Um, Kiké asked if you can stop by his room." Trayce says. "Okay, I'll go over there right now." I say. "With pajamas?" Trayce asks raising his eyebrows as he stares at my Dodger pajama pants and one of Joc's shirts. I nod and grab a fork for my pancakes. "See you later." I say walking out of the room.

I knock on Kiké's hotel room door and wait for someone to answer. Chase answers and smiles. "Hey Julia, come in." He says moving aside for me to go in. I smile at him and see Corey on the couch. "Hey." I say. Corey turns and waves. I stare at Corey angry that he could be mad over such a little things.

"Don't worry about him, come here." Kiké says leading me into a room. Kiké digs in his pocket and takes out a ring. "I'm proposing to Mariana." He says nervously. I smile and Kiké hands me the box. "It's beautiful, she'll love it." I say nodding in approval. "You think so?" He asks. "I know so." I say smiling. Kiké smiles proud of himself and I hand him back the box.

"I'm thinking of doing it at the field." Kiké says smiling. "I think she'll like that." I say nodding. Kiké smiles even wider and places the small box in his jeans. "Thanks Julia." He says. I nod and we both walk out of the room and I begin to eat my pancakes. Someone knocks on the door and Kiké opens it to see Joc.

"I knew you were in here." Joc says. Kiké moves aside and Joc walks into the room. Joc walks towards me and looks at my pancakes. "You want some?" I ask raising an eyebrow. Joc nods and I chuckle giving him a fork filled with pancakes. "Your very welcome." I say before turning back to Kiké.

"Anyways I'll see you later." I say. Kiké nods and I turn to Chase who sits on the couch with Corey. "Bye guys." I say waving at them. Chase smiles and Corey turns to me and nods. "Whoa someone is angry." Joc says widening his eyes. I turn to Joc and shake my head telling him not to say anything.

"Well it's either we do it here or in a elevator." Joc says. "Hey, enough with the elevator jokes." I say shaking my head. Joc smiles and turns to Corey, "So what happened?" "Ask her." Corey says crossing his arms. Joc turns to me and raises his eyebrows. "Don't ask me." I say sighing.

"How are you two suppose to work this relationship out if both of you won't try to solve these problems?" Joc asks. "He promised to me that he wouldn't give up on us, and the first thing he does? Gives up on me and us." I say shaking my head.

"So if he wants to talk about us he can come to our room or pull me aside at warm ups. I'm tired of being the only one who tries." I say.

Corey looks at me and stares at me. "I'll be in the room." I say walking towards the door. I take a look behind me to see if Corey has moved from his seat, but he hasn't.

I open the door and walk out then close it behind me. "Would you slow down?" Corey questions as I take out the key to my hotel room. I turn around and see Corey. "I'm sorry I didn't trust you." Corey says. I raise an eyebrow and Corey places a hand on my cheek and kisses me. I smile before kissing him back passionately.

We both pull out the kiss moments later and Corey leans his head against mine. "Look at what you've done to me." Corey says bringing me into a hug. I smile knowing this was the Corey I fell in love with. "Now are you going to share those pancakes?" Corey asks. I chuckle, "No way, you must not remember my love for pancakes." I grin.

Corey smiles and follows me into the hotel room. "Don't you dare think for one second that you get to sleep in my bed tonight." I say glaring at Corey. Corey grins and I roll my eyes.