Chapter 38 : Elevators

27 votes and 12 comments for next chapter

Corey and I stare at Marley not knowing what to say. "You cheated on me!" Marley screams. Corey stays quiet and I sigh. "I should get going." I say quickly walking out of the restroom. As soon as I get to Christian he smiles. "I just got called by Kelly saying it's an emergency." I lie. Christian nods, "Oh okay." He stands up to place a kiss on my cheek. I smile at him nervously before waving goodbye and walking to my car in a hurry.

I quickly drive off and make my way to the grocery store to pick up the things Ellen needed. Corey calls me, but I ignore the call  not wanting to talk to him.

I stroll through the aisles before coming face to face with the girl I wish not to see. "You must be following me." I say. Marley smiles and I shake my head. "You have a problem." I say grabbing some chips that Ellen asked for.

"Yes well you have a problem with keeping your hands off my boyfriend." Marley says. "Back at you." I say turning to her. Marley gasps and I smile before walking towards the next aisle. "You don't get the hint that he doesn't like you don't you?" Marley yells making everyone turn to us. I stop immediately and turn to her.

"You think you know us, but you don't. You are just that one girl in the stories that try their best to ruin people. They sometimes will succeed, but in this story you will not ruin me. No matter what you do or say I will always be here. So give up Marley and grow up." I say before continuing to walk down the aisle.

Moments later I feel someone tackle me. I land on my back and face Marley. "You must think I give up easily." She says punching my left cheek. "You must think I give a damn about you." I say flipping us over and turning her on her back before reaching into my purse and finding a pair of handcuffs.

"Marley, you are now under arrest for assault and battery against a law enforcement officer." I say before reading to her the rights. Marley growls and I sigh making my way to a cashier. "Hello, my name is Julia, do you mind calling this number?" I ask the cashier. She nods and dials the number. "And tell them my name and to meet me here in the parking lot." I say. She nods and I walk outside towards my car.

"You my friend are in big trouble." I say placing Marley into the backseat of my car. "Oh really? Because last time I checked I have a great lawyer." She says grinning. "Last time I checked I have witnesses in that grocery store over there plus cameras. So please call whoever you want, but there's nothing you can do." I say before leaning against the passenger side door as I wait for Travis.

When Travis arrives I tell him the story and he agrees on helping me with Marley. "I'll meet you back at the office just take her there, I have to buy Ellen some groceries then drop them at her house." I say. Travis nods and I thank him before leaving.

~*~
When I get to the office I find Joc, Corey, and Clayton in my office. "You called them?" I ask Travis. "No, Kelly did." Travis says pointing to Kelly's office. I groan and Travis gives me a nervous look as I walk towards my office.

I pull the door open and walk in. "Are you okay?" Clayton asks. "I'll live through it." I say as he makes his towards me. "You have a bruise on your cheek." He stated as he stares at it. "I'll be fine." I say shaking my head. Clayton sighs in defeat and sits down.

"Julia, you can't do this job it's too dangerous." Joc says standing up. "Your job is too." I say walking around my desk to sit in my chair. "My job doesn't require guns." Joc says. "But it does require a bat." I say opening my laptop. "A bat is barley a weapon." Joc states. I sigh and look at him.

"I don't tell you what you can or cannot do so don't go telling me what I can and cannot do." I say. Joc closed his eyes angry and I turn back to my computer. "If that's all you guys wanted to tell me you can leave I have a lot of work. Clayton, Ellen asked if you are going to be home tonight for dinner." I say. "Thank you." Clayton says before leaving my office.

Joc and Corey sit in their place and I sigh knowing they weren't going anymore. Jeffrey opens my office door and smiles. "Ice pack." He says before tossing an ice pack to me. "Thanks Jeff." I say. He nods and closes the door before walking away.

"What are you two still doing here?" I say raising an eyebrow. "I'm not leaving until you come home and I don't know why Corey is here still." Joc says. "I'm not leaving until you agree to go on a date with me." Corey says. I shake my head.

"We both know Corey that we won't work out. Just because I get a third chance with you doesn't mean I'll quit my job." I say. "Why not?" Joc asks. I turn to him and stare at him long. "When I was in the army I promised myself that I wouldn't let a boy get in the way of my dreams. Even if thats you Joc." I say.

"And this is your dream?" Corey asks. "I would be in the army, but this was the closest thing I could get to home." I say. Corey stays quiet and I sigh. "Look boys I have a lot of work to do so excuse me." I say before walking out of my office.

I walk towards Travis' office where Marley is. Marley glares at me when I walk in and I wave at her before turning to Travis. "I have to get going. I have to go to Danny's wedding tomorrow and I still haven't bought my dress yet." I say. Travis nods and I wave at him before leaving. I walk pass my office and towards the elevators.

Joc and Corey catch me leaving and end up running to catch up to me. "Where are you going?" Joc asks. I ignore him and step into the elevator. "Julia please stop playing this game of yours." Joc says. "You're being stubborn." He adds.

I shrug and press the parking lot button. Joc sighs, "I'm sorry, but I have to do this." He says before pressing a button which stops the elevator. I turn to him. "Joc Russell Pederson, what in the world did you do?" I ask glaring at him.

"We aren't getting out of here until we sort everything out." Joc says smirking. I turn to Corey nervous and he shrugs not knowing of this. "When we get out of here I am going to kill you." I say turning to Joc. Joc chuckles and crosses his arms, "Shall we begin?"