Chapter 65 : Let Me Go

37 votes and 40 comments for next chapter After practice I went home to take a shower and change into different clothes

After practice I went home to take a shower and change into different clothes. "Hey Julia, we're ordering pizza for dinner." Trayce yells as he knocks on my door. "I am actually going out tonight." I yell as I walk to the door. "With Jose?" Trayce asks. I open the door and Trayce stands there with his phone in his hands. "No. Corey." I say. Trayce widens his eyes and I shrug. "It's not a date." I say glaring at him. "That's what they all say." Trayce says walking into my room.

I sigh and Kelly walks into the room. "A date I hear?" Kelly asks. I groan and she stares me. "And you're wearing that? Jeans and a shirt?" Kelly asks. "It's not a date!" I groan. Kelly smirks and sits at the end of my date. "Such lies I hear." Trayce says turning to Kelly. Kelly nods in agreement. "So who is the lucky guy?" Kelly asks. "Corey." Trayce says laughing. "No way!" Kelly says smiling. I groan and the doorbell rings.

The two of them turn to each other and begin running downstairs to answer the door. I roll my eyes and grab my purse before walking downstairs. "Hello there Corey." Trayce says as Corey walks into the house. "Hey." Corey says as they do their bro hug. Corey stands by the door wearing a tuxedo and flowers in his hands. "Why so fancy if it's not a date?" Kelly asks. "It's just dinner." I say as Corey hands me the flowers, but I gently push them back to him. Corey frowns and Kelly grabs them from Corey. "I'm sure she'll want these later." Kelly says. Corey nods and Trayce points at us.

"I want her home by one." Trayce says. I roll my eyes and Corey nods. "See you two later. Don't burn the house down." I say before following Corey to his car. Corey opens the passenger seat door and I slide into the car, "Thank you." I say quietly. Corey nods and walks around to the other side.

~*~

When we get to the restaurant I look down at my outfit and frown. "I don't feel comfortable here." I say as I look around and see majority of the women in dresses. Corey turns to me and back to the front desk worker. "Name?" The worker asks. Corey stays quiet and sighs, "Sorry, can you cancel reservations for Corey Seager?" He asks. The worker nods and Corey nods, "Thank you." He says before taking my hand and leading us back to his car. "Where are we going?" I ask. "Somewhere else." Corey says. I nod and slide into the passenger seat.

A few minutes later we arrive at a McDonalds. "McDonalds?" I ask chuckling. Corey shrugs, "It's the only place I saw." He says. I smile, but slowly turn it into a frown when I realized I smiled at Corey.

Corey parks the car then walks to the other side to help me out of the car. We both walk inside and towards the short line. "What do you want?" Corey asks pulling out his wallet. "Chicken nuggets." I say turning to him. Corey nods and pulls out a 20 dollar bill. "That's all?" He asks. "Sweet tea and a medium sized fries." I add. Corey nods and steps up to the counter. "I'm going to find us a table." I tell him before walking towards the tables and choosing a booth. I slide into the booth and wait for Corey to join me.

When he's done order Corey walks over with our drinks in his hands. "Why the tuxedo?" I ask motioning to his outfit. "I am a very fancy man." Corey says shrugging. "No, you changed into a fancy man." I state. Corey sighs and I look down at my hands. "There's no need to dress up around me Corey. It's me." I say placing my hands on the table. Corey nods, "So I wanted to talk to you about my proposal." Corey says. I nod and wait for him to continue.

"Britney wasn't sick today." He says. I stare at Corey in confusion and he sighs. "I broke off the wedding." Corey adds. My jaw drops and Corey stares at me waiting for anything. "I don't know what you except me to say. I told you not to do that." I say quietly. Corey reaches for my hand across the table and I jerk back. "You can't do that. You can't. I know what it feels to be left alone for someone else. So you go back and win her back. No matter how much it takes, because no girl deserves to be left like that Corey." I say.

Corey looks down and stays quiet for awhile. "Order 22?" An employee asks as they hold a tray in their hands. Corey nods and they lay the tray in front of us. "Thank you." He says before they walk away.

"I can't do that Julia." Corey says. "Why not Corey?" I ask tilting my head. "Because I realized that I love you and only you. That whatever Britney and I had was fake. All of it! Every second of it." Corey says. I shake my head, "Well you have one shitty way of showing it." Corey looks up to me and frowns. "I know I messed up Julia. I know I should have waited for you and I know I should of treated you better. I am sorry for that. I am truly sorry, but I love you and I will do anything to win you back." Corey says standing up. I look at him confused and he gets down on one knee before pulling out a black box that reveals a ring.

"Will you marry me?" He asks. I stare at Corey and don't make any movements. "No." I say before standing up. Corey stares at me in shock and everyone's eyes are on us. "I meant it. I do not want or need you anymore." I say before walking away. Corey grabs onto my arm and I turn around quickly. "You have permanently damaged me Corey and only I can fix myself. I'm sorry, but this is my choice and if you loved me then you would let me go." I say.

Corey shakes his head, "I love you so that means I won't give up on us so easily." I stare at Corey quietly and I grab onto his hand. "Let me go Corey. I'll be leaving in a few months, and you'll be alone. That is why you need to let go. I don't want you to be alone or sad. So let me go." I say.

"You make it sound so easy." Corey says. "It is, because if you done it before you can do it again." I say. "And you've already done it." I say. Corey sighs and I feel the tears falling down my face. "Shut up Julia! Just accept the fact that we are something! That we are beyond more than another couple on this Earth!" Corey yells.

"I'm leave-" "Would you stop using that as an excuse!" Corey yells. "Fine!" I yell. "I wanted an us along time ago, but now I feel like there is nothing left between us. That you are just like the rest of the guys I've met. I can't fall back in love with you or even worst agree to marry you after you just broke off your wedding with Britney." I say. "Give me a chance." Corey says. "One chance, and if I ruin it then I'll let go." He adds.

I stare at Corey for a long time and sigh. "No."