Chapter 35 : The Worst

19 votes and 7 comments for next chapter

"Good morning." Joc says as I enter the kitchen. I turn to him before grabbing a water bottle from the fridge and turning away.

"Why are you ignoring me?" Joc asks furrowing his eyebrows. "I'm not." I say opening the bottle and drinking some water. "Yes you are." He says. "Clearly I'm not since I'm talking to you." I say grabbing my keys. "What about Corey?" He asks. "Don't talk about him." I say walking out of the kitchen. "Why not?" Joc asks crossing his arms. "Because he ruined me." I say grabbing my purse.

"I didn't ruin anyone." Corey says as he enters the house. "You ready?" Trayce asks. Everyone turns to Trayce and I. "Yes I am." I say. "There she goes already on to another man." Corey says. I glare at him and Corey shakes his head. "I'm not you Corey." I say. "The perfume you have on, isn't from me. So clearly you just went to go see a girl." I say before walking out of the house and trying my best to hold in my tears.

"Go on and cry before we get to the arena." Trayce stops us before we get into the car. I wasn't going to debate if he was being mean since he knew i needed to cry or he was being nice so I wouldn't embarrass myself in front of people. I cry hard and Trayce pulls me into a hug. "You'll be fine." He says rubbing his hand in circles on my back.

~*~
We get to the Staples Center and walk to our seats as the Lakers and Warriors warm up. "Hey Trayce." Someone says walking up to us. "Hey Klay. This is Joc's sister Julia." Trayce says. "Oh I see. Nice to meet you Julia. I can't believe Joc let you date his sister." Klay says. "Me too." Trayce jokes. I roll my eyes and Klay gives us a confused look.

"We aren't dating." Trayce says. "Oh crap. Sorry." Klay says widening his eyes. "Hey guys." Someone says placing a hand on my shoulder making me jump. I turn around and find Jose and Charlie. "Hey boys." I say smiling. "Hi." They says smiling. Klay introduces everyone and I turn to Charlie who holds out a bottle of water for me to take. "Thank you." I say smiling. Charlie nods and we sit down in our seats. Trayce leans over to me, "Sorry for not telling you about the boys coming." Trayce says. I shake my head, "It's fine don't worry." I say.

Trayce smiles and I smile back before Jose fills in the seat between us. "So Julia, what brings you to the game today, besides Trayce inviting you?" he asks. "Um, I had nothing to do today besides cleaning my room a bit, and this sounded better." I say nodding. Jose chuckles and I smile before turning and seeing a basketball fly towards Jose's head. I quickly place my hands in front of his face and the ball hits me hard before falling to the floor. "Sorry about that." One of the players say walking to me. "It's fine." I say before feeling the stingy pain of where the ball hit my hand.

"What the hell Julia? It's like you want to get hurt." Jose says. "Yes, well you were going to get hit." I say motioning to the ball. "I can take a hit, don't worry." Jose says chuckling. I smile and he grabs ahold of my hand. "You sure you don't need ice?" He asks. "I'll be okay." I say smiling. Jose nods and brings my hand to his lips. I blush and Trayce raises an eyebrow at me as he stares at Jose holding my hand in his. I look down at my hand before pulling it away from Jose.

~*~
When Trayce and I get home I find Marley on the couch. Trayce widens his eyes and I pull of my jacket and toss it on the kitchen counter. "Julia." Marley says standing up. Trayce looks at me cautiously probably scared of what will happen.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. Marley stays quiet and Joc and Corey walk out the kitchen with beers in their hands. "I see." I say nodding. Corey hands Marley a beer before turning and widening his eyes to Trayce and I.

"I'll do be upstairs." I say turning to Trayce. He nods and I walk upstairs to my room. I walk in and see Corey's clothes everywhere. I growl as I gather them up and walk out to the staircase. "I told you to get your things out." I say walking towards Corey. "I know." Corey says. "Why didn't you do it then?" I ask. "I thought you were working today, so I figured I'd clean it out when you left." He says before turning back to Marley.

I throw the clothes onto the floor and close my eyes trying to calm myself down. The doorbell rings and Trayce opens the door. "Is Julia here?" I hear someone asks. "Yes she is. Come on in." I hear Trayce say. I turn around and see Travis and Dylan. I widen my eyes at Dylan, "Oh my god you're awake!" I say smiling. Dylan smiles and nods. "I was going to call you, but the girls were telling me how much you were there for me so I wanted to surprise you." Dylan says. "Thank you by the way." He says. I nod and pull him into a hug.

"I'm glad you're okay." I say rubbing his back. "Me too." He says before pulling out of the hug. "Nice to see you Corey." Dylan says lending his hand out for Corey to shake. "You too." Corey says. "So what's been going on? What have I missed?" Dylan asks crossing his arms. "Nothing, everything is fine. We found the guy behind all this." I say nodding. "Oh that's good." Dylan says smiling. "Yes it is." I say.

"Well Travis tells me you started a new job, and today is your first day." Dylan says smiling. "Correct." I say smiling. "Good, I'm happy for you." He places a hand on my shoulder. "Thank you." I say. "Well I just wanted to say hi, I'll call you soon." Dylan says before hugging me and leaving with Travis.

Once they leave I check the time. "What the hell was that Julia?" Joc  growls. "It was nothing. Not like it's your business anyway." I say. "It's my house and he came in here, so yes, it is my business." Joc says.

"Whatever, I'll be out of your hair next week." I say. "What is that suppose to mean?" Joc asks. "I'm moving." I say rolling my eyes. "To where?" Joc asks. "I don't know Egypt maybe. Anywhere, but here." I say motioning to the house. "Why the fuck are you acting like this?" Joc yells.

"You don't get me! No one has ever understand me and the things I do. I was lonely and I was hurt so I went to the army, I'm back for you and now I just want to die in a hole! I feel like I have a million cuts that won't heal. But something in my head says to keep going, to keep moving. How can I do that where there's no where to go? I had everything, I had my family back in my life, a man that I love, I had a great job, and now it's gone! I ruined it and he ruined me. He brought out the worst of me, and because of that he was perfect for me. I didn't have to hide my true self in front of him, I didn't have to wake up every morning and look in the mirror and tell myself that I need my mask on today. Corey accepted me. Yes it was a quick end to the relationship, but I rather have something than nothing." I say.

Everyone stares at me strangely and I look down at my feet. "But it's okay, I'll build my life back together." I say shaking my head. "I have to get going." I say grabbing the Angels jersey off the couch that I have to wear to work.

I slip it on and grab my keys and purse before waving to Trayce. I close my eyes as the rain begins to pour. The front door opens and closes. I turn around and see Corey with an umbrella in his hands. "Here." Corey yells over the loud rain. "I'm fine." I say unlocking my car. "Just take it Julia, you're going to get sick." Corey fights back.

"You don't need to worry about me. We aren't together anymore if you haven't noticed." I say opening the car door. "Just because we aren't dating doesn't mean I can't care about you." Corey says. "You don't care about me, you just feel guilty. There's a difference." I say getting into my car and starting it. I back out of the driveway and watch Corey shake his head at me before walking back inside.