Chapter 49 : You Just Don't Know

30 votes and 20 comments for next chapter

Corey storms into the house and I follow close behind making sure he doesn't do anything stupid. "Corey slow down." I say. "No way Julia." He says running up he stairs and to Joc's room. I groan and follow him and beat him to Joc's room. "Stop." I say. "Why?" Corey asks. "He lied to you." He says. "Everyone lies to me doesn't mean you go around punching them." I say. "Oh yes it does mean I go around punching them." Corey says. "Well then by all means punch yourself." I say motioning to him.

Corey sighs and I glare at him. "Don't stare at me like that." Corey says. "Why not?" I ask. "Because it's very intimidating." He says. I roll my eyes and Corey smirks before seeing the chance to go into Joc's room.

I groan as he gets passed me. Joc widens his eyes at the sudden break in and Corey looks like smoke is coming out of his ears from anger. "You lied to Julia about Jensen this entire time and never told her!" Corey yells. "She went on living her life knowing Jensen was dead and you went on knowing he was alive and well!" Corey yells. "Corey it's fine." I say grabbing his arm. "No it isn't." Corey says pulling his arm out of my grip.

"Your sister tell you everything and you can't do the same?" Corey asks. "I never lied!" Joc yells. "You are such a liar! You even introduced Jensen to Kiké." Corey glares at Joc. Joc stays quiet and I grab Corey's hand. "Corey, can we just go please?" I ask. Corey points a finger up telling me to wait a minute.

"Don't expect Julia to do any favors for now on, that is until you man up and tell the truth." Corey says before leading us to the door.

"Let's go." Corey says. "Where are we going?" I ask curious. "I texted Chase and he said we are welcomed to stay with him." Corey says walking into our room. "Corey, its fine lets just stay here." I say. "No, I'm angry that he lied to you, and lied to me about not seeing the email." Corey says. I nod and Corey begins throwing random clothes into a bag. "Let's go." Corey says. I nod and grab his hand as he leads me to his car.

~*~
We get to Chase's house and he opens the door quickly, without us even knocking. "Hello." Chase smiles. "Come on in." Chase says moving aside for us to walk in. "The kids and Jen are in the living room." Chase says guiding us to the living room. "Thank you Chase for letting us stay here." Corey says. "Anytime." Corey says nodding.

"Julia this is Ben and Max." Jen says smiling ear to ear at sound of her children's giggles. I smile at them and knee down to their height. They both wave and I lend out my hand for them to shake, "My name is Julia." I say grinning. They both hide behind Chase and I chuckle. "They're a bit shy." Chase says. I nod and they both begin to whisper to each other.

"Well I'll show you two to your room." Jen says. I nod and Corey picks up our bags to follow Jen. I stay behind as Chase pulls me aside. "I need a favor." Chase says. "Name it." I say smiling. "My nephew Nick is a baseball player, he plays for his high school. He's on the varsity team, bats lefty, throws righty, and he's a utility player. Nick needs some a strength and conditioning coach, and you perfect. You think you can give him a little taste of how we train?" Chase asks.

I smile, "Yeah of course. Name the place and time and i'll be there." Chase smiles, "Thank you so much." I nod and shortly Jen joins us, "Julia agreed to training Nick." Chase says. "Oh my god thank you so much. I think you'll love Nick, he's great." Jen says smiling. "The whole family line of Utley have hustle and love for the game." Jen says smiling at Chase.

"Corey's up in the room settling down if you want to join him." Jen says. I nod, "Thank you guys so much for letting us stay." I say. They both smile, "It's a pleasure." Jen says smiling. I chuckle and make my way upstairs to find the room Corey is in.

Once I find the room I walk in and see Corey on the bed. "Hey." I say smiling as I close the door behind me. "Do you have work tonight?" Corey asks. "No, I go to work tomorrow morning." I say. "What time?" "Three in the morning." Corey nods and I check the time.

"We should get going to the stadium." I say. Corey nods and we begin to get dressed. Since it was uniform day I had to wear my jersey. "Crap." I whisper to myself as my blue socks are no where to be found.

"Corey do you have blue socks?" I ask. "No, they are all in the clubhouse." Corey replies. "Do me a favor and ask Chase if he has any." I say. Corey nods and leaves the room. I groan in frustration. I was going to look like a complete idiot as I enter the clubhouse with my uniform looking off.

"He doesn't have any." Corey says walking back into the room. "How do you guys play baseball and not have one pair of blue socks with you?" I question. Corey shrugs and I sigh grabbing my jeans. "Dave is going to be mad." I say before walking back into the bathroom to change out of my baseball pants and into my jeans.

I pack my baseball pants into a bag and walk downstairs. "Isn't it uniform day?" Chase asks. I nod, "I forgot blue socks at home so i'm just going to get some at the clubhouse." I say. Chase nods and we all begin to leave the house.

~*~
When we get to the clubhouse I quickly change into the blue socks Corey gave me and the baseball pants I was suppose to wear. Once I was finished changing I walk onto the field.

"Nick is here if you want to meet him." Chase says. "Yeah sure, bring him down here." I say. Chase nods and motions at someone to make their way towards the field.

A young boy stands in front of me. He had the features of Chase. "Nick this is our trainer Julia, Julia this is my nephew Nick." Chase says. I smile and shake his hand, "Pleasure to meet you." He says smiling. "You too." I say.

"Hey babe play catch with me?" Corey asks. I grab his glove from his hand, but stop myself from going with Corey. "Nick you have a glove?" I ask. Nick nods, "Why don't you go ahead and play catch with Corey." I say. Nick jaw drops and Chase smiles, "Yeah of course." He says smiling eager to get on the field.

I tell the security guard to let Nick through. "Corey this is Nick, Chase's nephew. Nick this is Corey." I introduce them. Nick shakes Corey's hand and the two go out onto the field. "Thank you Julia." Chase says. I nod, "Anything for a friend." I say smiling.

My phone rings and I pull it out of my pocket, "Excuse me." I say walking away from Chase.

"Hello?"
"Julia, thank god you answered. Something's wrong with Kiké. He won't get out of bed, he's not feeling well. I called 911 and they're coming, but Julia I'm so nervous." I hear the familiar voice of Mariana.
I gasp, "Where are you? You're at home?"
"Yes."
"I'll be there in about ten minutes."
"No, meet us at the hospital, the ambulance should be here soon."
"You got it, stay next to him at all times Mariana. But don't be nervous, it's Enrique. He always pulls through." I say worried.
"Okay. I'll see you later." Mariana says before hanging up.

I quickly run over to Corey, "I gotta go." "What why?" Corey asks grabbing my wrist as I walk away. "Mariana needs my help. I'll take the car and ask Chase to give you a ride." I say. Corey nods and puckers his lips for a kiss. I roll my eyes and kiss him. "Drive safe. I love you." Corey says. I nod, "I promise. I love you." I say then wave goodbye to Nick before running to the parking lot after I grab Corey's car keys.

As soon as I get into Corey's car I speed off to the hospital Kiké may go to. As I drive a truck honks at me as I'm about to make a right turn I quickly stomp on the breaks and in a heartbeat I flipped upside down.

I groan in pain as I feel the pain all in my leg. I grip my leg and try to take my jersey off to wrap it around the large cut on my leg to stop the bleeding. That was until my eyes dazed off and everything went black.