Chapter 71 : This Is It

"You look nervous

"You look nervous." Danny says turning to me. I nod, "I am very nervous." I say "Why?" Danny asks. "My aisle is from centerfield all the way to home plate. That's a long walk for me and at any moment I could fall." I say. "I won't let you fall." Danny says smiling. Kelly and Joc begin to walk down the aisle followed by Kiké and Mariana, Ellen and Kyle, Justin and Sam, then Trayce and Justine.

Clayton grabs Cali and hands her the basket of flowers and he also grabs Charley and hands him the baseball that contains the rings. "Okay Cali hold your brothers hand." Clayton says. Cali nods and grabs her brothers hand before stopping onto the aisle. "Thank you Clay." I say. Clayton nods and I lean towards him to give him a hug.

"I'm ready." I tell Danny. Danny nods and we begin to walk down the aisle. We couldn't see Corey's face from all the distant, but as we got closer we saw Corey get very emotional. Joc pats Corey on the back and Corey smiles at me.

Friends and family members began whispering and I saw all the people I loved. The whole team was there, all of them. Jeffrey, Dylan, and Travis were here also. Jeffrey and Dylan began making funny faces at me to make me laugh. Marley was even here. She sat with Rebecca and Marley smiled at me the entire time I walked down the aisle.

Before I knew it, I stood in front of Corey. Danny handed my hand to Corey and we they smiled at each other before Danny sat down.

~*~
Vows, it was that time of the ceremony. I went first and Kelly handed me the piece of paper that I wrote my vows on. Corey smiles at me and I look down at the piece of paper.

"I promise to take care for you as long as I breath, to love you even on the worst days, to support your life decisions, to cheer for you on or off the field, to pick you up when you're down, and to respect you. I promise to remember that there will be days when your schedule is filled top to bottom. I promise that one day I will love the game as much as you do. Now I may not be the best wife, but I promise I will try. I promise to love you inside out, to love every flaw that you have even though you don't have much. I promise to try to make our marriage as happy as it can be. I promise you a marriage that our kids can look up to." I say.

Corey smiles and takes it all on. "You're pregnant?" Corey asks. I nod and Corey smiles before pulling me into a hug.

"Okay Julia Pederson I promise you this. I promise to make every day valentine's day, to make you the happiest woman alive, or at least try to. To make you my first priority and not baseball. I promise to make time for you even if my schedule is filled top to bottom, I promise to support you in anything you do. I promise to take care of you everyday even if you aren't sick. I promise to stay by your side even if I disagree. I promise to communicate and tell the truth. I promise to accept your flaws and love each and every one of them. I promise to not run and leave you. I promise to love you every second of the day. I promise that even when I'm on the road for games that I will make sure it feels like i'm home with you. I promise you Julia Pederson, that I will be the best husband I can be."

I smile and Corey kisses my hand. After a few other things the pastor had to say we finally kissed. "Mrs. Seager. Would you like to take the field with me?" Corey asks. I nod and Corey smiles before grabbing his glove from Joc. Kelly hands me my glove and a Dodger jersey along with it. "Put it on for the game." Kelly says smiling. I nod and slip on the jersey that reads Seager with the number five.

Corey also slips on a jersey after he grabs my hand and leads me to shortstop. "So this is the view you get almost everyday?" I ask. Corey looks at me and nods. "It's beautiful isn't it?" He asks. "Well there is no one in the crowd so I wouldn't know." I say laughing. "No Julia, you." Corey says smiling. I blush and Corey kisses my cheek. "Okay batter up!" Clayton yells.

Kiké hands Mariana a bat and Mariana struggles to swing it. "How do you hit with this heavy piece of wood?" Marina questions. Kiké shrugs and Mariana steps into the box. Clayton slowly pitches it over the plate, slow enough for Mariana to hit it straight to shortstop where Corey makes a great catch and also saving me from getting hit.

Corey smiles at me and throws the ball to Clayton. "You know you have a glove right?" Joc yells from center field. "Shut up Joc!" I yell rolling my eyes. Joc laughs and everyone joins in. "By the way I really love your dress, you look beautiful." Corey says smiling. "Well it is a baseball themed wedding I just thought that a red corset back would make it ever better." I say. "Speaking of our theme, thank you." Corey says placing a hand on my lower back.

I nod, "If it wasn't for baseball, we wouldn't have met." Corey nods, "That is very true." Corey grabs my hands and pulls me close to him. "Now you know why I'm in love with the game." Corey whispers. "Because it's how I met you." He adds. I smile and lean up to kiss him, "I love you Corey Seager." Corey smiles, "And I love you Julia Seager."

~*~
Prologue
Corey and I had a boy and we named him Kyle Corey Seager, named after his brother, Kyle. After I had Kyle I did go back to the Navy and everything went well. Corey and I wrote to each other and Joc helped Corey out with Kyle. Years passed and a lot of things changed.

Joc married Kelly, so that's something. Marley married Trayce which was a big surprise to all of also. Sam married Travis and Justine married Dylan. Jeffrey moved to Texas for a new job, there he met a girl named Daisy and they are currently dating.

Kiké and Mariana finally had a child and named her Julia. We were all surprised that she would be named after me, but it was a pleasure. Corey and I did have another son and we named him Julian Russell Seager. Joc was there for me during the delivery of Julian so Corey and I decided to make Julian's middle name Russell (also Joc's middle name).

Both Julian and Kyle became professional baseball players. Kyle plays third base just like Corey's brother and Julian plays second. Both of them played for the Dodgers and both won a World Series. Speaking of World Series in 2022 the Dodgers won the World Series and thankfully I was alive and also in Los Angeles to watch history be made.

So I guess you can say I'm in love with the smell of leather gloves, the beauty of red stitches on a new baseball, the feeling of the boys hitting home runs, and I especially love the sound of the crowd chanting 'Corey' when he steps up to bat. But I mostly love the fact that I get to wake up to his million dollar smile and I get to call him mine.

I now see why he loves the game he plays and I'm happy to say I'm in love with the game as much as him now.

Thank you guys for reading my book! I hope you enjoyed it just as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thank you for the comments and votes. In the future I do plan on writing another Corey Seager book if you guys wanted to know. Once again thank you!!