Chapter 33 : Make My Day

10 votes and 2 comments for next chapter Two days have passed and Corey and I haven't been doing so great since I've been focusing on my case

Two days have passed and Corey and I haven't been doing so great since I've been focusing on my case. Dylan is still in a coma, I just came home from visiting him and was not prepared to get a lectured from Corey. I now have a cut in my left side of my forehead and a big bruise on my thigh. You can count on Corey to give me a lecture about my safety tonight.

Joc bursts through the front door along with Trayce and Corey. "Hey boys." I say standing up. "Not now Julia." Corey says walking straight to the stairs. "Hang on, what's that?" He asks pointing to the tape cloth on my forehead. "Nothing." I say pushing his hand away as he slowly brings his hand up to it to see what's underneath.

"Julia Pederson what have you been up to?" He asks raising an eyebrow. "She's fighting a brick wall." Trayce jokes. "Now's not the time." Corey says glaring at him before turning to me. "What happened now?" He asks. "Nothing, I'm fine." I say shaking my head. "Julia don't lie to me." Corey says making my head face him.

I sigh and shrug. "Corey don't worry about me, playoffs are right around the corner. You should be focusing on that." I say. "No Julia I can handle that, but I also need to focus on you. You are important to me also." Corey says. "I know I am, but baseball is your job. So do it like I do mine." I say before kissing his cheek and walking upstairs.

~*~
The next day I wake up at five in the morning from multiple phone calls from Kelly, Sam, and Travis. "Corey." I say as his grip around my waist tightens as I try to stand up. "Yes." He groans. "Babe I gotta go." I say placing my hand over his arm around my waist.

"Why?" He asks groaning. "Travis thinks he found the guy that did all this." I say turning to him. "Okay then." He says letting me go. I smile and slip out of the bed and walk towards the bathroom.

I walk in and begin to change into some jeans a plain white shirt, and a green cargo jacket. Once my hair is fixed and my makeup is all set I walk out and face Corey sitting up on the bed without a shirt and some gym shorts. "Good morning." He says standing up. "Good morning." I say grabbing my wallet and keys off the nightstand.

"I'll walk you out." He says picking up his shirt off the floor. I nod and he slips it on before grabbing my hand and leading me to the staircase.

"Be careful Julia, I don't wanna see another cut, bruise, or anything that causes harm to your body. Promise?" Corey asks. I nod and lean up to kiss him. "Morning breath." I say scrunching up my nose. "Oh shush you love it." Corey smirks. I smile and we reach the front door. "Tomorrow night." I say kissing his cheek. "What about it?" He asks. "We are going out on a date." I say winking. Corey smiles and I wave at him before going to my car.

~*~

I get to the office and find the boys packing bags. "Here." Jeffrey says tossing me a bag. "Get your things ready, we're going out in twenty." He says looking down at his watch. I nod and begin to pack the weapons needed and grabbing a bullet proof vest then slipping it under my shirt since we'll be going undercover for this case.