Chapter 24 : The Boys

Corey smiles as I walk into the clubhouse

Corey smiles as I walk into the clubhouse. "Hey." I say smiling as I kiss him. "Hi." He says taking his hat off. "I'm gonna clean up and we'll get going." Corey says. I nod and wait at his locker for him. "Hey Julia, you have to bring Trayce and I to your office tomorrow." Joc says walking up to me.

"You guys have a game tomorrow." I say not bothering to look up at him. "No we don't, day off." Joc says smiling. "What about Corey?" I ask. "He's going to busy." Joc says. "I'll think about it." I say nodding. Joc smiles and Trayce gives him a high five.

A little while later Corey walks to his locker fully dressed and ready to go. "We're going somewhere nice?" I ask. "No don't worry." He says as he looks down at my navy uniform. "Plus you could be wearing the ugliest thing on this earth, yet you'd still catch everyone's else." Corey says kissing my forehead. I smile and Corey grabs ahold of my hand. "Bye boys." Corey says. Everyone nods at him and we leave.

We get to a restaurant, one of those family owned restaurants. It was nice and small. "How many?" The boys at the front desk asks. "Two." Corey says. The boys nods and leads us to a table in the back. "Enjoy." He says before leaving.

When are waitress gets there I take off my cap and please it on the table. "Oh wow, we never had a navy in here." She says. I smile and Corey smirks. "Thank you for your service." She says. "Your welcome." I say as she shakes my hand. "My name is Charlotte and I'll be your server today." She says. Corey and I nod and look down at our menus.

"Can I start you off with any drinks?" She asks. "Water please." I say. "Make that two." Corey says. Charlotte nods before walking away. "So you busy tomorrow?" I ask. "Actually yes I am, I'm going to have a meet and greet in San Diego." Corey says. I nod and looks at me. "Why did you want to do something?" He asks. "No I was just wondering."

Corey frowns and stares at me. "You do." He says. "No it's just Joc and Trayce are coming to work with me tomorrow and I just wanted to see if you wanted to go also." I say. "Awh I'm sorry babe it's a full day thing. I wish I could." Corey says. "It's fine, we'll plan it another day." I say.

"No let them go with you and I'll go alone with you another day." Corey says. "Okay then." I say. Corey smiles and I shake my head as he turns his smile into a smirk.

~*~
The next day I get ready and then wake up Trayce and Joc to get ready as I made breakfast for us. "This is going to be so awesome." Trayce says as he walks into the kitchen. I turn to him and find him dressed in a black collared shirt, dark jeans, and black vans. "That's what you're wearing?" I ask raising an eyebrow. "Yes. Why is it not appropriate?" He asks. "No it is." I say nodding, "But at the office we just wear uniform." I say pointing to the uniform I folded on the couch. Trayce walks over to it and picks it up. "Really? Khakis and a shirt that says 'visitor' with my name?" He asks. "Yes." I say nodding. Trayce stares at it before looking at me.

"Look if we don't want these uniforms, we wear those with our names and our job description. Trust me it isn't our favorite." I say as I motion to my navy uniform. Trayce chuckles. "Fine." He says before leaving to the bathroom to change.

When we get to the office I notice I was the first one here. "Woah, this is nice." Joc says looking at the office. "Yeah thanks to Kelly and Sam." I say smiling. "Hey Julia." Travis says walking in. "Woah, what a surprise. Hi Joc." Travis says turning to Joc. They shake hands and Travis looks at Trayce. "Trayce Thompson." Trayce says before shaking his hand.

Soon everyone was here and we decided on groups. "Okay Sam, Kelly and I will show Joc around our day and you and Travis will have Trayce." Jeffrey says. "Sure sounds good." I say nodding. "So what do you guys do?" Trayce asks. "I find cases and investigate the suspect and Julia is in weapons and planning field actions with Jeffrey. She is also the boss of us." Travis says as we walk into his office. "Oh wow, you guys both have cool jobs." Trayce says. "Yep, but not as cool as making it to the big leagues." Travis says pointing at him.

~*~
Later that day we found a case on a dead body in a lake and no detectives could figure it out. "Okay um Sam why don't you go check the evidence unit out and Kelly find some details on all suspects of the murder and the victim." I say. They both nod and for the first time someone walks into our office without an invite.

"Um Jeffrey, go see with the visitor wants. I'll be in my office." I say not bothering to look up at who it is. I hear giggles behind me as I walk away, but I ignore them knowing it's someone who made a joke.

A few moments later Jeffrey walks into my room. "The visitor is here for you." Jeffrey says. "Let them in." I say taking my cap off. Jeffrey nods before leaving.

Someone walks in and I look up, "What can I do for you- Corey hey." I say surprised. Corey smiles and leans down to kiss me. "I wanted to surprise you today." He says before taking a seat. "Well this is a big surprise." I say smiling. "Good." He says handing me a bag. "And what is this?" I ask raising an eyebrow. "Chick-fil-a."

"Thank you honey." I say before standing up and walking towards him. I place my arms around his neck and he places his around my waist. "You know we've been together for a month now." Corey says smiling. "I know." I say nodding. "Get it Corey!" Joc yells as he knocks on my office's glass walls. Corey chuckles before bringing me into a kiss. "I have something else for you." Corey says digging in his pocket and pulling out a black box. "It's a promise ring." Corey says with his million dollar smile.

"A promise to you, one day we will have our happily ever after." Corey says grinning like a little child. I smile and bring him into a kiss. Joc begins to whistle Corey blushes as he places both hands on my cheeks bringing me in another kiss.

"Okay, stop distracting her we wanna see the action in the streets now." Joc says. Corey rolls his eyes and pulls me into a warm hug. "Okay I gotta go." Corey says. "No." I say hugging him still. Corey chuckles. "I have to." Corey says. I frown and Corey does also. "I'm sorry." He says. 

I let go of him and he kisses my forehead before leaving. "I love you Julia Pederson!" Corey yells. "She hates you!" Joc yells. "Shut up! You love me too!" Corey yells laughing. Joc rolls his eyes and knocks on my office glass. "He thinks I like him." Joc scoffs. "Oh we all know Corey is like able." I say. "Sure he is." Joc says nodding.

"Man you boys are hard to take care of." I say looking through my files.