Chapter 60 : Last Night

38 votes and 30 comments for next chapter

"You got drunk because you wanted to change yourself." Corey says frowning. "Change myself?" I question. Corey nods and I sigh placing a hand on my forehead. "That doesn't explain why Marley is in Trayce's room." I add. "Yeah that I can't explain." Corey says. I nod, "But I can explain why you spent the night here and didn't want to go home with Enrique." Corey adds. I cross my arms and raise my eyebrows waiting for him to continue.

"You basically ruined your friendship with him." Corey says worried about my reaction. "How? What the hell did I do?" I ask confused. "You told him that he was being selfish when you were in a coma. He could of stopped me from proposing to Britney and he could of stopped Joc from moving your stuff into a closet and giving your room to Britney, but he was too caught up with Mariana to even realize that everything was slowly changing." Corey says frowning.

I sigh and turn away from Corey. "Thank you. For explaining this to me." I say before walking into Trayce's room. He was right. Marley was asleep on Trayce's bed while Trayce was nowhere to be found. I walk into the bathroom and find Trayce asleep on the floor. I roll my eyes and knew that more events had happened last night. "Trayce." I say kneeing down to him. Trayce groans and I chuckle at how horrible he looks.

"Where am I?" Trayce asks looking around the room. "Your bathroom." I say smiling. "Why?" Trayce asks confused. "I don't know the answer to that question. But try asking Corey, he seemed to be sober enough last night to remember almost everything that happened." I say. Trayce nods and slowly sits up. "Never doing this again." He groans. I laugh and Trayce points at me, "Wait, what are you doing here?"

"I didn't go home with Kike yesterday and fell asleep on the couch." I answer. "But what are you doing in my bathroom?" He asks. "Oh. I smell like a bottle of beer so I wanted to take a shower and Corey said to go use yours since you probably wouldn't mind." I say. Trayce nods and motions to the shower, "Makes sense. Go right ahead." I smile and Trayce walks out the bathroom.

~*~

After I showered and changed into the clothes Britney left me I walk out of the bathroom and find Trayce and Marley talking. "Good morning Julia." Marley says smiling. "Good morning." I reply back. "Now if you excuse me, I have a friendship to win back." I say before rushing out of Trayce's room.

I walk downstairs and find Joc, Britney, Justin, Kourtney, Mariana, Clayton, and Kike. They all stare at me in surprise when they see me. "What are you doing here Julia?" Joc asks. "I woke up on the couch this morning." I say shrugging. Joc nods and everyone stays quiet. "Kike I'm sorry about what I said yesterday." I say turning to him. Kike spreads his arms and waits for me to give him a hug. "You were drunk. We all say stupid things when we're drunk." Kike says smiling as I hug him. "I better get going, I have a meeting with Kelly, Jeffrey, Sam, Dylan, and Travis." I say. "Do you need a ride?" Clayton asks. "No Jeffrey should be here soon, but thank you for the offer." I say before waving goodbye and walking outside.

~*~
When Jeffrey and I get to the office I find Kelly and Sam talking to each other in the break room. "So? Who's been the boss around here?" I ask Jeffrey. "Dylan." Jeffrey answers. I nod and walk into the break room to greet the girls. "Julia!" They both say as I walk in. I smile at the two and hug them. "It's good to have you back here." Sam says smiling. "Not so fast, it's gonna take a lot of training before I'm out on the streets chasing bad guys again." I say frowning. They both nod and I sit down across from them.

"So how have you two girls been?" I ask smirking. "Any men in your life?" I add. "No, no men." Kelly says frowning. "They're all stupid." Sam says rolling her eyes. I frown and they nod in agreement. "But other than that we've been great!" Kelly says smiling ear to ear. "That's good." I say nodding. "Well if it isn't Miss. Pederson." Dylan says as he and Travis walk into the room. "Hey boys." I say standing up to hug them. "How are you?" Dylan asks. "Good, I have a killer hangover, but I'm doing fine." I say chuckling. Everyone laughs and Travis places a box of donuts down on the table.

"Have you been busy lately?" Travis asks. I shake my head, "No. Dave and Danny want me to take it easy at work." I say. "Take it easy? Ever since you've been awake all you've been is working I heard." Dylan says shaking his head. "I force myself." I say turning to him. "Why?" Jeffrey asks confused. I sigh and open the box of donuts. "I want to go back to the Navy." I say grabbing a donut from the box. "Wha-why?" Kelly asks. "I came here for Joc so I can see the beginning of his baseball career. He's doing fine clearly and now I want to do something for me." I say shrugging. "But you have this." Sam says motioning to the office. "I know, and I love it. But I think my job here in California is done. I have done a lot here and now I want to move onto something new." I say.

"But the thing is Julia, you already went to the Navy. It's nothing new." Travis says. "You're running Julia." Jeffrey says. I turn to Jeffrey surprised he would say that. "But from what exactly?" He adds. "I'm not running." I say shaking my head. "Yes you are. When things go bad you run." Jeffrey says. "So what's been going on Julia?" He questions.

I sigh and cross my arms. "You know, Corey is getting married to someone." I say. "Yes, but Julia you shouldn't be running from that." Jeffrey says. "I'm not running because it hurts me to see Corey with someone else. I'm running because the person I love is going to get married to someone I actually think is perfect for him. I'm running because I think I haven't found what I love to do and who I am. I'm running because my brother has hidden me under a rock and I want to grow, but that rock keeps crushing me. Joc is that rock and he hasn't let me live my life the way I wanted to." I say.

Everyone stares at me surprised and I smile. "I want more, and it may sound selfish, but I think I deserve it." I say. Everyone stands up and smiles at me before they all pull me into a hug. "You deserve everything and more Julia." Kelly whispers.