Chapter 61 : The Rock

30 votes and 30 comments for next chapter"So Joc is your rock?" Jeffrey asks as he follows me to my office

"So Joc is your rock?" Jeffrey asks as he follows me to my office. "Yup." I say nodding. Jeffrey checks his watch and looks back up to me, "When do you want to go to the stadium?"

"How about in ten minutes? Because I have to go to Kiké's house for some clothes." I say. Jeffrey nods and I walk into my office and motion him to join me.

"I have a few apartments and houses that I want to look at tomorrow, do you mind being my taxi driver?" I ask. "No not at all." Jeffrey says smiling. "Thank you." I say smiling. Jeffrey nods and I sit down in my chair and smile at the laptop that sits on the desk. "We have all our cases on there from the past three years if you want to see them." Jeffrey says. I nod and open the laptop to see the familiar background screen that was Corey and I. I frown and Jeffrey stares at me confused.

"My background is Corey and I." I say. Jeffrey nods and I sigh typing in my password and going to the settings to change it to something more... pleasant.

The sad part is Corey didn't even look happy in the picture. "I think we should go now actually." I say. Jeffrey nods and I close my laptop and stand up to leave.

~*~
When I get to the stadium Jeffrey ends up wanting staying for the game. I agree on giving him my ticket and staying in the dugout tonight.

I walk onto the field and find Corey and Trayce stretching. "Hey boys." I say walking up to them. "Hey Julia." They both say. "Have you guys seen Roberts? He's not in his office." I say. They both shake their head and I sigh. "Okay then." I say chuckling. "But we did see Danny around here somewhere." Trayce says. I nod, "Okay thank you." I say smiling. Trayce nods and I walk into the clubhouse in search for Danny.

"Good afternoon." Marley says walking into the clubhouse. "Good afternoon." I say smiling at her. "About this morning-" "Marley you don't have to explain yourself." I say chuckling. Marley blushes, "Trayce and I have nothing going on between us, I don't want you to assume that there is." I nod, "Well thank you for telling me." Marley nods and smiles, "So what are we doing today?"

I shrug, "I'm trying to find Danny so he can tell us." Marley nods and we both walk onto the field to see people setting up the field for batting practice.

~*~
My house was beautiful, it had everything I wanted in a house. It had three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a nice big living room, a decent size kitchen, a back yard with a pool, a front yard, and a tall fence that guarded the house perfectly.

I invited everyone over to see the house themselves and just to hangout with everyone. I had little furniture, but some of the guys promised to bring lawn chairs so we can hangout in the backyard. Joc, Kiké, Jeffrey, and Clayton both agreed on having two people move in with me in case of an emergency. Corey and Britney volunteered, but Jeffrey quickly declined saying how they will be married soon and need to find a house for themselves.

Trayce and Kelly volunteered and it was perfect. They start moving in tomorrow and I was excited that I wouldn't have to live alone here. Kelly and Trayce both fought over the bedroom with a bathroom. Kelly ended up losing which was fine, because Trayce is the only man in the house and he does need his own bathroom in a way.
The doorbell rings and I rush to the door and smile as I open the door. "Hey!" Sam says excited. "Hi! Come on in." I say moving aside to let her in. Sam smiles and walks in. "I just saw Clayton and Ellen walking up the driveway." Sam says motioning to the door. "Okay." I say leaving the door open so they won't have to knock.

"This is great Julia!" Sam says admiring the house. "You really did score." Sam adds smiling. "Thank you, I'm glad I picked this one." I say nodding. "But what will happen to it when you leave to the navy?"
Sam asks. "Sam, that's months away from now, I'm not going to worry about it until the time comes." I say shaking my head. Sam nods and I walk to the backyard.

"Hello." I hear a male voice as I turn away from the front door. I turn around and find Joc with a bowl of pasta in his hands. "Where should I put this?" He asks. "Um, I'll take it." I say quickly. "No it's fine, just show me where." Joc says. I nod and guide him to the kitchen.

"Julia, I have a question." Joc says. "And I have an answer." I say looking at him. "Well maybe." I add. Joc nods and I push open the kitchen door. "Why don't we have the same bond like we had before?" Joc asks. "Joc, you've changed. You have changed so much that I can't even look at you like Joc. The Joc I knew along time ago wouldn't be acting this way. You know that." I say entering the kitchen.

"You hide things now. You never hide things from me. I'm like a human diary for you, and you're like a human diary for me. Now, it's different." I say. Joc sighs and places the bowl on the counter.

"I'm sorry Julia." Joc says. "But if you were in the position I was in, then you would of known how it felt not having your human diary with you at all times. I had to make adjustments, and that meant change." Joc says. "I still listened to you when you would talk." I say. "But I didn't know that Julia." Joc says placing his hands on the counter.

"It was hard you know? To see your little sister on a hospital bed. Not knowing if she'd wake up or if that was her last breath." Joc says. I close my eyes right and suddenly pull Joc into a hug. Joc moves back a bit scared of the action I made before slowly wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm so sorry Julia." Joc whispers. "You're forgiven, but just don't say 'i'm sorry' again." I say. Joc nods and I smile before leading him out of the kitchen. "This is a nice house." Joc says nodding. I nod in agreement, "I find it comforting."

"You took one of my roommates, and now i'm stuck with a couple who don't pay attention to me." Joc says. "Ask Jose to move in with you, he's good company." I say. Joc shrugs, "I'll think about it." I nod and turn to the front door to see Clayton and Ellen walk into the house carrying beer.

"This is beautiful!" Ellen says smiling. I smile, "Thank you." I say walking toward them to help them carry the beer, "Not so fast, we are never letting you touch beer ever again." Clayton says laughing. I roll my eyes and guide them to the kitchen.

~*~
"Wake up Julia, we have a surprise." I hear someone say as they shake me. I slowly open my eyes and find Trayce and Joc smiling down at me. "Hurry up." Trayce says. I groan and sit up before grabbing my blanket and wrapping it around my shoulders.

"This better be worth it." I say as I follow them downstairs and outside to the driveway. "What are we doing-" "Surprise!" Everyone yells as they pop out in front of a car. "Um, I'm confused." I say as I stare at Clayton, Ellen, Corey, Britney, Marley, Danny, Sam, Kelly, Jeffrey, Travis, Dylan, and a black range rover.

"We all pinched it to get you a car." Joc says smiling. I stare at them and back to the car. "Take it back." I say quietly. "What? Speak louder." Joc says confused. "I said take it back." I say. "Why Julia, don't you like it?" Joc asks.

"Joc I said take it back. Do you not know what that means? I do not want it." I say raising my voice. "Julia your doctor said that it's perfectly fine with you driving again." Joc says. "Physically yes I can drive and I can do all the things I did before I was injured. Mentally? No, I can't even sit in a car without worrying about me ending up on a hospital bed again. So take it back or do whatever you want with it, just get it out of my sight!"