Chapter 12 : Truly Falling

The next day I wake up to Clayton's alarm clock ringing loudly. "Seriously?" I ask groaning. "Sorry." He says turning the annoying thing off. I nod and look at the time.

"Really four?" I ask, "I take a long time to get ready believe it or not." Clayton says. I chuckle and roll over. "I guess I'll go fetch breakfast for us." I say. Clayton nods and throw on some jeans, a white shirt, a black windbreaker, and some nikes.

I walk to the elevator and when it opens I face a sleepy Corey with breakfast in his hands. I chuckle and Corey does too. I realize I never did my hair this morning so it was in a messy bun.

"Cute." He says smiling. "Where you going?" He asks. "I'm gonna get breakfast for Clayton and I." I say.

"Figured, that boy gets up early." Corey says getting out the elevator. "Anyways, I'll drop this off in the room and I'll go get breakfast with you." Corey says.

"I'll go with, I have to tell Joc something anyway." I say following him to the room.

We get there and Charlie opens the door quickly. "Thank god you're here." He says pulling Corey inside.

"Oh hey Julia. How's it going?" He asks making room for me to walk in. "Great." I say chuckling.

"Good morning." Joc says walking out of his room stretching. "Oh hey Julia." Joc says smiling. "Hi." I say smiling. "Ahh, I'm guessing the first date went well." Joc says motioning at the two of us.

"Yes, very." I say nodding. "Let just promise never to speak of the outfit." He says smiling. "No promises. Sorry." Corey says smiling.

Joc rolls his eyes and I look at the time. "We should get going before Clayton gets hungry." I say. Corey nods and we say goodbye to everyone before leaving.

We walk down to the lobby where the pancake house is. I order pancakes for Clayton and I then Corey and I sit down to wait for them.

"I have a question." Corey says turning to me. "Ask away." I say smiling. "Why me?" He asks. "What do you mean?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Well, Trayce likes you. Also Charlie, and even Alex, yes Alex Wood." Corey says. "Something in my head told me it was you." I say blushing. Corey smiles and grabs ahold of my hand.

"Why do you care so much for the team?" Corey asks. "Most of you guys are like brothers I never got to have. Especially Joc, and that's something he's always wanted." I say wiping my tears that are about to fall. "He deserves it, he deserves everything he has earned. He had two sisters to raise. One left and broke his heart, I don't ever want to do that to him. I don't ever want to see him alone, afraid, or sad." I say.

"Hey, at the end of the day, you'll always have him and he'll always have you. That's all you need in the world. Knowing that someone is always going to have your back, it's the best feeling." Corey says kissing my cheek.

I smile and my name is called to tell me my pancakes are finished. I pay and then go back up to the room.

Corey ends up staying for breakfast with Clayton and I. "So you two a thing?" Clayton asks pointing at us with his fork.

"We never discussed that." Corey says turning to me. I blush and Clayton chuckles. "Your two are cute." He says eating his pancake. I smile and Corey throws his arm on my shoulder. "Thank you." He says.

I roll my eyes and Clayton smiles. "Anyways I should get ready before Clayton yells at me for being late. Since he's my ride." I say turning to Corey. "Oh ya sure. I'll see you at the field." He says. I nod and he leans in for a quick kiss.

"Wow that was a baby kiss." Clayton says. Corey roll his eyes and kisses me longer. "Okay bye." He says leaving.

"How cute, he really does care about you. You can see it in his eyes." Clayton says. "Please explain how you can see it in his eyes." I say laughing.

"I'm a man, and I know the feeling of loving a woman. I know how we act around the ones we love, trust me he loves and cares for you." Clayton says.

"Now go get dressed." He says pushing me into my room. I smile and begin to get ready.

~*~
Clayton and I get to the field and immediately get greeted by Kenta. I smile at him and he goes off to talk to Joc.

"Where's my wife? She's suppose to be here." Clayton says looking around. "I'm right here honey!" Ellen says raising her hand. Clayton smiles and leans down to kiss her.

"Hi honey." Ellen says giving me a hug. "How are you?" I ask. "I'm good and yourself?" She asks. "Good." I say.

"Hey." Corey says walking up to me and giving me a kiss. "Hi." I say. "Oh my, what have I missed?" Ellen asks smirking.

"Oh, Corey grew some balls to ask my sister on a date." Joc says laughing his head off. "Guess who's back!" Kiké yells making his way through the club house.

"Hey Bay." Kiké says smiling. "Hi Rico." I say smiling. "I don't get it." Clayton says. "She was born in the Bay Area so I call her Bay, I was born in Puerto Rico so she calls me Rico." Kiké says smiling.

"I don't know if I should laugh at how much time they have on their hands or wonder how the hell they got that." Clayton says. "We're telling you, Kiké and I are best friend goals." I say holding out my hand for a fist bump.

"No, better yet. Brother and sister goals. Hell yes." Kiké says fist bumping my hand. I smile and Ellen laughs. "Anyways we should get going. I'm in charge since Danny needs some time off for the wedding." I say.

"And the girlfriend becomes the boss." Ellen says laughing at Corey's face. Corey rolls his eyes playfully and I smile. "Let's get going!" I yell and we all make our way onto the field.

Everyone begins their own little stretches. "Hey Julia." Coach Roberts says walking up to me. "Hey, what's up?" I ask. "Well I wanna get batting practice in first so if you can, can you pitch the boys a few?" He asks.

"Ya sure thing." I say walking to the gate that protects me from the batter. Chase is up first and he sends the balls flying everywhere you could think of. Then it was Yasiel, Justin, Adrian, Trayce, and finally Corey.

He chuckles as he grabs his bat and goes up to the plate which makes me laugh. I throw the first pitch and he sends it flying to the outfield.

I roll my eyes knowing there was no way in hell I would be able to strike out him.

When everyone had their turn they begin to warm up their arms or sign autographs.

"Looks like you'll have to try next time." Corey says smirking as he walks pass me. I smile and he winks before grabbing a ball to play catch with Charlie.