Chapter 17 : Use Me

I stare at her waiting for an answer. "Get it over with Justine! You know you want something." I say. Justine sighs and shakes her head, "I don't Julia." She says.

"I shouldn't have left you guys." Justine says with a pleading look. "I was just so selfish." She adds.

Joc joins us outside and I turn to him. "I really don't want to talk to her." I say turning away from her and grabbing the handle of the door that goes to the clubhouse.

"Why?" Joc asks as he grabs my hand. "She's honestly has pushed every limit of me." I say. "How?" Justine says butting in.

"Hm where can I start? Oh I know how about the time you left Joc and I needed you the most. We had no parents and needed each other. What about the time you came to our house drunk, then threw up on the carpet? Don't get me started on spring break either because you were a mess and you were ruining our lives." I say. "I've made some mistakes J-"

"Oh trust me we know." I say fully opening the door and leaving them to talk. I've always had to deal with Justine. Joc always said a nice 'girl talk' would heal everything. Does he not know that half of the time girls want to rip other girls throats out?

I walk back to my seat and see someone else speaking. "Hey." Corey whispers over to me. I smile at him and he throws his arm over my shoulders. "Everything okay?" He asks. "It will be." I say kissing his cheek.

Corey smiles and we turn to pay attention to the speaker.

Before the game starts I take the boys to warm up their arms. "I'll handle the rest." Coach Roberts says. "You sure?" I ask. He nods and Corey walks up to me. "Um, Kyle is up in the suite now, here's your pass for after the game and the ticket." He says handing me an envelope. "Thank you." I say kissing him. He nods and I wave goodbye to the boys. "Good luck!" I yell.

They all give me a thumbs up and I leave.

~*~
When I get to the suite Kyle and Julie are standing up and looking at the field. "Oh hey Julia." Julie says smiling. "Hi." I say smiling. "Where's your sister?" She asks. "Oh I have no clue." I say.

Kyle nods and hands me a beer. "You drink right?" He asks. "Once in awhile." I say. "Good." He says waiting for me to take it.

I shake my head, "I'm actually driving you guys to the airport after." I say. "Smart." Kyle says putting it down. I smile and we sit down.

"A little bird tells me that your birthday is coming up." Kyle says. "It is." I say nodding. "Next week right?" He asks. I nod and he smiles. "I won't be here but I'll be sure to call." He says nodding.

"Thank you." I say smiling. He nods and we turn our attention back to the game.

~*~
After the game we go to the clubhouse and see if Corey way done with interviews. "Hey." Corey says as he spots us. The cameras turn to me and I blush. Corey waves for me to walk over to him and I do so.

"If you guys didn't know, this is my brother Kyle, his wife Julie, and my girlfriend Julia Pederson." He says smiling as if he won the lottery.

The crowd of interviewers begin to yell questions and Corey looks at me asking if he should answer some. I nod and points at one person. "Julia, are you related to Joc Pederson?" He asks. "Yes she is!" Joc yells in the back.

I chuckle and Corey places his arm around my waist. "Um do you plan on having a future with Corey?" Another asks. "I hope so." I say. Corey nods and points at another.

"Is this just a fling or something more?" A lady asks. "Something more." Corey says nodding. "Are you using Corey for money?" One asks. "Probably, she isn't that good looking." Another says.

I felt tears, hot tears coming to my eyes. "I think that's enough." Corey says. "She's horrible!" One yells. "That's enough!" Joc yells as he rushes to my side. "Look at that animal using Corey." One whispers. "You guys get your passes suspended for the month. Thank you." Danny says turning to the interviewers.

Joc looks at me and sees my tears falling down my cheeks. "Julia." Kyle says. I shake my head not wanting to talk to anyone. "I knew his was going to happen." I say as Joc hands me a tissue. "Aw JP you know they're just jealous." Joc says bringing me into a hug. "I don't give a damn if they're jealous, that's no way to treat someone." I say.

"Darling." I hear Corey's voice. "I think you have done enough. You should have known not to let them ask questions." Joc says putting me behind him. "Joc I'm fine." I say wiping the tears under my eyes.

Joc turns to me and frowns. He hated seeing me sad or hurt. "Are you sure? Cause I can kick their asses." He says. I nod and he smiles. "Okay." Joc says letting me go with Corey. "Are you okay?" Corey asks putting both hands on my cheeks. "I'll be okay." I say nodding.

Corey nods and kisses me softly. "Where is she?" I hear someone asks. We all turn to the door that flies open and spot my sister. A drunk Justine. "Joc I though she went home." I say. "No she was supposed to be with you guys." Joc says looking at Justine then me.

"Great." I say as Justine begins to walk towards me. "You are one spoiled child. All you do is take, take, take and never give. You have ruined my life by taking the only brother I have, you made everything about you and only you. You never realized the people around you and you especially never realized that I was always there for you. You are just to stubborn and blind." She spits.

"Me? A spoiled child? I'm sorry, but you must forget I never had parents to be spoiled by. I had Joc he was being a father and brother at the same time. Joc wasn't just your brother he was mine too, we just had a better bond because you were off with your friends partying as if you were dying tomorrow. You are just one wine loving drunk person. So don't think for one second that I've been the stubborn and blind person. You were too stubborn to realize that we were always the right answer to your problems. You were too blind to realize that what you were doing was a bomb about to go off. So don't you ever come in here and blame me for the problems you have made in your life." I say.

Justine stares at me hurt. She knew she had a alcoholic problem. "You have anything to say?" Justine asks staring at Joc. "Julia's right, we've always been here for you and you ran off. Yes Julia went to the army, but then she realized that I needed her here on my journey to the top so she finished her time and came home. Unlike you, you never even came to one of my games or even texted me to congratulate me." Joc says.

Justine groans and I grab ahold of Corey's hand. The boys all had their eyes glued on Justine. "Maybe it was a bad idea coming here then." She says. "I just wanted to tell you two something." She says.

Joc and I wait for her and she holds up her left hand, "I'm getting married."