Chapter 34 : Can't You See

14 votes and 5 comments for next chapter"So that is it

"So that is it." I say as we walk towards the bullpen so Jose can warm up. "Thank you." He says. I nod and we begin stretching. "Hey Julia." Yasmani says tossing his catchers helmet to the side. I smile at him, "Hey."

"Are you good Jose?" I ask. He nods and I point at Yasmani. "Go ahead and start getting warmed up. When he's warmed up and good to go make sure to check in with Skip." I say to Yasmani. He nods and I walk out of the bullpen and towards home plate where the boys are watching batting practice.

"Julia." Corey says walking towards me. I turn around and raise an eyebrow. "What's up?" I ask. "My glove." He says pointing to it in my hand. "Oh sorry." I say handing it to him. He shakes his head, "Its fine." I nod and look around for Joc, but he is no where to be found.

"Joc is currently flirting with fans." Corey says motioning to Joc. I shake my head and Corey shrugs. "I have to talk to you later." Corey says. I raise an eyebrow confused, but Corey shakes his head telling me it's nothing bad.

"Clayton wants to speak you." Justin says. I nod and lean up to kiss Corey, but he takes a step back. I furrow my eyebrows, but Corey just walks away. "Hey Julia." Clayton says walking up to me. "Hi." I say smiling. We walk into the clubhouse and he points to the chair. "Sit." He says. I nod and do so.

"I'm talking to you as an older brother." Clayton begins. I nod and he sighs, "I over heard Corey saying he doesn't want to be with someone who is never home." Clayton says. I stay quiet and Clayton knees down to my height.

"Where have you been lately?" Clayton asks. "I've been working on an important case." I say honestly. "Corey said he understood that." I say placing my head in the palm of my hands. "I get that Julia, but he's a young ball player and he wants you to be there for him." Clayton says. "You don't think I know that Clayton! I try my best to be home for my brother and him! I have gave up my life for them! I gave up the job I love, serving the country and went back to college! But they have never thanked me for it, I try my best to make everyone happy and yes sometimes I fail, but name one time where someone would give up their life to make me happy." I yell. Clayton widens his eyes and looks behind me.

I turn and find Joc. "That's how you feel Julia?" Joc asks. "Yes." I say. "What's going on? I heard you yelling." Corey says walking into the clubhouse. "Nothing." I say quickly. "What's going on Clayton?" Corey asks turning to Clayton.

"Nothing, Julia was just explaining to me about her case and I accidentally brought up a bad question." Clayton lies. "Oh." Corey says nodding. Joc raises his eyebrows and I shake my head before grabbing my belongings. "I'll be in the crowd tonight." I say standing up and wiping the tear that was about to fall from my eyes. "Julia wait up." Corey says following me.

"What's wrong with you lately?" Corey asks grabbing my forearm and spinning me around to face him. "I'm fine." I lie. "Julia you can tell me anything. You know that." Corey says frowning. "Corey everything is fine." I say pulling my arm away from him.

"You're going home aren't you?" Corey asks crossing his arms. I stay quiet and Corey shakes his head. "You are never here! You haven't been here for the past week! It's like you hate being around Joc and I. We are always there for you and when we need you, you are never around. And lately I find it really hard to believe you when you say I love you." Corey says.

"Don't start Corey." I say shaking my head. "Don't start what Julia?" Corey asks rolling his eyes. "This we have been fighting lately can't you see?" I ask. "Yes I can see! Can't you see that maybe we aren't right for each other?" Corey asks. I stay quiet and Corey waits for an answer.

"Just like that? Giving up already on us." I say. "No, I have tried dealing with you and your new job, I can't now." Corey says shaking his head. "Have you forgotten the things I deal with when you're gone on the road for away games?"
"What are you talking about Julia you have the choice to go with us, but you are always working. Then when I'm not working you are and when you aren't, I am. This can't work!" Corey yells. I flinch as he slams the wall behind me.

"So this is it?" I ask. Corey shrugs and I shake my head. "Fine." I say walking back into the clubhouse and into the trainers office. I walk towards my desk and grab the empty box next to and begin throwing my things into it. "What are you doing?" Danny asks walking into the room. I turn to him before turning back to my desk to check if everything is cleaned off.

"I quit." I say opening a draw and grabbing the objects in it. "What? Why?" Danny asks surprised. "I can't deal with this anymore." I say going through all the drawers. Corey follows me into the room and Danny turns to him. "What's going on?" Danny asks. "She overreacting." Corey says. I look up at Corey and glare at him. "Don't even." I say pushing past him. "I told you." Corey says as they both follow me onto the field.

"You get my desk Marley." I say as I push past her. "I quit Dave." I say standing in front of him. The boys who are batting still turn to me surprised and I tighten my grip on my box filled with my belongings. "You are suppose to give me a two weeks notice." He says. "Yes, well I can't. I don't care about my check at the end of the week. Give it to the foundation. I'll be on my way." I say turning away from him.

"What the hell are you doing?" Joc asks walking up to me. "Get away from me." I say not looking at him. "What are you mad at?" He asks. "Ask Corey." I say pulling my keys out from my purse. "Corey what did you do?" Joc asks. "I didn't do anything, it was all her." Corey says still following me. I turn around and stop to face them.

"Stop following me! I quit my job! I'm done doing things for you two! You aren't thankful and you are both selfish, always wanting something and never want to give. I'm transferring to the Angels to be their trainer. I'll see you at home. Maybe." I say before looking at Corey. "I want your things out of my room by three AM."

~*~
I woke up to the sound of someone knocking on my door. I sit up in my bed and look to my side to see Corey not there. The memories flow back to my head and I shake my head before standing up to answer the door.

"What?" I ask. Trayce stands at the door with a plate of waffles. "Good morning." He says. "Bad morning." I say shaking my head. Trayce stays quiet and I look down at the waffles and raise an eyebrow.

"Just take them Julia." He says. I sigh and do so. "Thank you." I say. Trayce nods and I smile at him. "Anything else?" I ask. "Yes. Care to go to a Lakers game with me to watch my brother Klay?" He asks. "Sounds fun. Sure." I say nodding.

Trayce smiles and begin to eat the waffles in front of him. I hear footsteps and turn to my right and see Corey making his way down the hall. I widen my eyes and shut the door quickly.

What am I doing?