Chapter 58 : Needed You

38 votes and 30 comments for next chapter

I sat in the clubhouse on my phone waiting for more boys to arrive so we can start batting practice. "Good afternoon." Charlie says walking into the clubhouse. "Good afternoon Charlie." I say smiling. Charlie walks to his locker and sets his bags down.

"You're our only trainer today?" Charlie asks. I shrug, "Britney left to go get something, and Danny hasn't came yet." Charlie nods, "Danny usually gets here early, that's weird." He looks down at his watch.

I shrug, "Probably traffic." I say standing up, "I'm gonna start getting ready for batting practice." Charlie nods and I begin to walk to the field. "Oh hey Julia, I've been meaning to talk to you." Joc says walking up to me. "Yes?" I ask not bothering to look at him. "I'm sorry for what I did. It was wrong of me to betray my sister. Especially for all that you have done for me." Joc says. "I don't want an apology." I say crossing my arms. "Then what do you want?" He asks. "I want you to show that your sorry. Just because you said sorry doesn't mean that it erases all the things you did." I say shaking my head.

Joc sighs, "Seriously Julia?" He questions. I nod, "Yes Joc and if you have a problem with it then I might as well be a stranger to you." I say shaking my head. Joc stares at me in shock and I slip on my jacket.

"Now get to work." I say motioning to the field. Joc stares at me surprised and I walk towards center field to talk to the outfielders.

Kiké, Josh, Andrew, Yasiel, and Trayce smile at me. "Well look at her back in action." Kiké says winking at me. I smile at him and Trayce high fives me. "What's up Julia?" Kiké asks. "Nothing." I say shrugging. Kiké raises an eyebrow and I stare at him confused.

"You must have something to say." He says. "I rather be out here in the outfield than in the infield." I say motioning to Corey who makes his way onto the field. "Wow I'm hurt, for a second there I thought you came out here to tell us how grateful you are to have us in your life." Trayce says. I roll my eyes and they all laugh.

"How are you two anyway?" Josh asks. I shrug, "It's complicated." Josh nods and I look down at my watch. "Okay let's get going with warm ups." I say clapping. They all nod and pair up. "I need a partner." Trayce says raising his hand. "Okay, one second." I say running into the clubhouse to get a glove. I quickly grab one of Trayce's and run back out.

Trayce and I begin to play catch and he laughs. "Isn't that my glove?" He questions. "Yes." I say nodding. Trayce shakes his head and I smile. "Hey Julia, how's it going?" Someone says behind me. I turn around and the pain of the ball hitting me on my thigh is felt. "I'm so sorry!" Trayce yells running towards me. I turn back around and Trayce gives me a worried expression.

I shake my head, "I'm fine Trayce." I grip my leg. Trayce raised an eyebrow and I chuckle, "Really i'm fine." Trayce nods and I turn around to see it was Corey talking to me. "I'm doing fine." I say answering his question. Corey nods and fields the grounder that was hit to him.

"Julia watch out!" Someone yells. I turn to the voice and see a grounder hit to me. I quickly back hand it and sigh, "Why is everyone trying to hit me today?" I ask. "What?" Corey asks not hearing me. "Nothing." I say as I turn back to Trayce.

"Hello boys." Britney says walking onto the field. Everyone turns and smiles at her. "Where is Julia?" Britney asks as she scans the field. I raise my hand and she walks towards me.

"I have to talk to you." Britney whispers. I turn to her confused and catch the ball Trayce throws to me. "Alone." She adds. I nod, "Trayce I'll be right back." Trayce nods and I follow Britney into the clubhouse.

"You know that one annoying girl who worked here before me?" Britney asks. "Um there was a lot." I say. "Her name starts with an 'M', she blonde, went to jail-" "Marley?" I ask. Britney nods and I raise an eyebrow confused on why she is bringing her up.

"Well she's back." Britney says. I stare at her surprised hoping she was just joking around. "And since Danny is such a nice person he's letting her come back today." Britney says. "Is she here yet?" I ask. "No but she's on her way here with Danny." Britney says. I stay quiet and think about all the bad things Marley has done to me.

"She's here!" Mariana yells running in the clubhouse. I stare at her confused. "Mariana was in the parking lot waiting for Marley and Danny." Britney explains. I nod and stare at the doors waiting for the two to walk in.

"Guess who's back!" Danny says walking in. We all wait to see Marley and Danny stares at us smiling. "Me!" Marley says walking in with a smile on her face.

We all stare at Marley jaws dropped surprised at how different she looks. Her hair is brunette now and above her shoulders, her body is more skinnier, and she has less makeup on than usual.

"Well aren't you guys gonna say 'hi'?" Marley asks laughing. We all turn to each other then back to her, "Hello." We all say. Marley smiles, "So Danny, what should I do?"

Danny looks between Britney and I. "You can work with Julia today." He says. I stare at him confused and he smiles before walking out the clubhouse. I quickly follow Danny and grab him by his arm. "I can't work with her." I say shaking my head. "Why not?" He asks. "I may have been asleep for the past three years, but I sure do remember what she has done to me." I say.

"Julia, you aren't going to be here much longer, and Marley needed a job. When your gone she's taking over your spot. Show her what you do daily, so she can be able to do it on her own without you." Danny says. "Why doesn't Britney just get my job and Marley get Britney's job?" I ask. "Because i'm the boss and I decide who gets who's job. I'm serious Julia you better do what I told you do. Now go."

I stare at Danny surprised at him demanding me to help Marley. Danny sighs and shakes his head at me before turning to walk away. This was going to be a living hell.