Chapter 46 : Blues

35 votes and 21 comments for next chapterWe begin to drive to Cedars-Sinai since the boys were going to surprise some kids at the hospital

We begin to drive to Cedars-Sinai since the boys were going to surprise some kids at the hospital. "Are you going to stay?" Joc asks. I turn to him and shake my head, "Why not?" Corey asks. I stay quiet and Joc does also knowing why I didn't want to.

"Julia?" Corey asks waiting for my reply. "Never mind, I'll go." I say sighing. Joc nods and turns to keep his eyes on the road. Trayce stares at me confused and I glare at him telling him not to say anything.

~*~
We enter a room where there is a little girl with her parents and a doctor surrounding her. "It's Corey Seager!" She yells in excitement. I smile and she jumps of her bed to run to us, but is stopped by her IV. I frown and she turns to her mom. "Mommy can you help me?" She asks. She nods and grabs the bag filled with liquids and carries it with her as her daughter walks towards Corey.

"Hello." Corey says kneeing down to her. "What's your name?" He asks. "Samantha, but everyone calls me Sammy." She says smiling. "Nice to meet you Sammy." Corey says before pulling her into a hug.

"Sammy is a cancer patient here. She had stage 2 lung cancer." Her doctor says. I frown and turn to Joc who stares nervously at me. "You're Joc Peterson and you're Trayce Thompson." She says smiling at Joc and Trayce. Joc waves hesitantly and Trayce smiles at her. "I'm sorry, I don't know you." She says looking down at her feet as she turns to me. 

"This is my girlfriend Julia. Julia is also Joc's little sister." Corey says. Samantha smiles and waves at me. "Nice to meet you Samantha." I say smiling. She smiles and her dad walks up to us. "You don't know how much our little Sammy loves the Dodgers." He says. I smile and Samantha nods her head quickly. "I even have a blanket that has the Dodgers on it!" Samantha says excited. I smile, "That's so cool." Trayce says smiling. Samantha blushes and hides behind my leg. I turn to my head to look down at her and Samantha smiles at me.

"Sammy gets very shy at times." Her mother speaks. "It's something we try to work on, but being stuck in here doesn't help." Her dad tells. I frown and bend down to Samantha's height.

"We're all your friends her Sammy, there's nothing to be shy about." I whisper. Samantha nods and I place my hand on her shoulder. "I'm sure Corey wants to talk to you still." I say motioning to Corey who is walking our way. Sammy smiles and looks at Corey. Corey grins and Sammy begins to giggle.

I turn to Joc and notice his face getting pale. It was hard for Joc and I to be in this room and I was losing my patience. I begin to tap my foot and Joc walks towards me and grabs my elbow before pulling me out of the room.

"You can't do that." Joc says. "Do what?" I whisper. "That!" He points to me foot that hasn't stopped tapping. I glare at him and Joc crosses his arms. "How am I suppose to stay in a room with a little girl that has cancer? It was hard enough for me when I watched Jensen lose his life to it." I say. Joc sighs and I shake my head.