Chapter 45 : Marriage?

32 votes and 20 comments for next chapter

We get off the plane and I smile to be back home in LA. "I got the bags." Corey says getting out of the car and opening the trunk to grab the bags. I slowly get out of the car and sigh knowing I had to go to my second job now.

"Okay well I have to get going." I say stretching. Corey frowns and I nod in agreement. "I'll see you later." I say leaning up to kiss him. "Yeah I'll go over for lunch." He says. I nod and grab my purse. "I love you." He says. I smile and kiss him one more time. "I love you too." I say before walking to my car.

~*~

I get into the office and see Travis and Jeffrey talking to each other in the break room. "Welcome back." Jeffrey says turning to me. I smile at them and they point to the box of donuts on the table. "You want some?" Travis asks. I shake my head, "How have you two been?"

"Great." Jeffrey says smiling. "That's good." I nod, "Where are the girls?" "They are at the mall." Travis says. I chuckle, "Why don't you guys head home, I'll look for a good case and when I do I'll call you." I say. "Are you sure?" Jeffrey asks. I nod and he stands up to leave. "See you two later." He says before patting my back. "Good to have you back."

I smile and he waves bye to Travis. "I'll stay and help." Travis says standing up. "Oh okay." I say smiling. Travis smiles and we walk to my office.

~*~
Later that day Corey brought Travis and I lunch and stayed to eat. "So how was the road?" Travis asks. "Good." Corey says nodding. Travis nods and turns to me, "And the ring?" He points to the ring on my ring finger. "A promise ring." Corey says smiling as he grabs onto my hand.

I blush and Travis smirks at the two of us, "How cute." "You two plan on getting married?" He asks. I raise my eyebrows surprised of the question and Corey smiles. "One day, I wish to get married to her." Corey says smiling at me. I blush and Corey brings me close to him. "So what are you two doing today?" Corey asks. "We're just trying to find some cases." I say motioning to the big stack of files on my desk. Corey nods, "Where are the other three?" He asks raising an eyebrow. "They are at home." Travis says.

Corey furrows his eyebrows confused, "Why don't you guys go home?" "Well I was going to stay to make up for the time I was gone, but Travis decided to stay with me." I say shrugging. Corey nods and I grab a file and begin to read it. "Why don't you two take a break and go to the game tonight?" Corey asks raising an eyebrow. I look up from the file and turn to Travis to see if he wanted to go.
Travis shrugs and I place the file down before nodding in agreement, "Sure."

~*~
We get to the stadium and since it was my day off I didn't have to be in the clubhouse. Travis wanted to see the stadium since he never had free time to enjoy the beautiful things in LA.

I showed him around the stadium before opening the door into Vin Scully's press box. Vin turns in his chair and gasps. "Julia what a surprise." Vin says smiling. I smile and Vin stands up to pull me into a hug. "It's wonderful to see you again." He says smiling. "You too." I say smiling. "This is my friend Travis, Travis this is the one and only Vin Scully." I introduce them.

They shake hands and Travis is amazed that Vin Scully is standing right in front of him. "How are you Julia?" Vin asks. "I'm great and you?" I ask. "I'm holding in there." Vin says chuckling. I laugh and Vin points to someone behind me. "I hope we're not interrupting, we came for a visit." They say. I turn and see Corey, Trayce, and Joc.

"Oh no you're always welcomed here." Vin says smiling at the three boys. They smile and give Vin a hug before turning to a camera to take a picture with him.

"And Julia this is your brother?" Vin asks motioning to Joc. "Yes." I say nodding. Vin smiles at Joc and I before laughing, "I can see the resemblance."

I blush and Vin motions to Corey, "And this is your boyfriend I believe." Corey and I nod and Vin smiles at the two of us, "How wonderful."

"It's good to see the three boys of our future." Vin says looking pointing to the dodger field. "And especially to see the person that makes our boys of the future stronger." Vin adds. I smile and bring him into one last hug. "It was nice seeing you Vin." I say. Vin nods and waves goodbye to Travis, "It was nice meeting you." Vin says before we all leave the press box.

~*~
After the game Travis and I go our separate ways since we took separate cars. "Ready?" I ask Corey as he slips off his hoodie and hands it to me. "Put it on." Corey demands. I raise my eyebrows, "It's cold outside." He explains. I nod and slip on the hoodie. "Okay I'm ready." Corey says grinning before picking up his bag.

I roll my eyes and wave goodbye to all the boys before leaving the clubhouse with Corey. I pull out my car keys and unlock my car. "I'll drive." Corey says grabbing the keys from my hands. I nod and yawn before getting into the car.

Corey chuckles and I smile at him. "I'll wake you up when we get home." Corey says. I nod and lean my head back onto the headrest and fall asleep.

~*~
I wake up to the sound of alarm clocks ringing. I groan and Corey mumbles something under his breath and his turns to shut the annoying thing off. "Sorry." He says before turning back to me and wrapping his arms around my waist. I nod and he kisses my neck before sighing.

"We aren't going to get much sleep." I whisper knowing that the sound of the alarm clock woke us up. Corey nods his head and I chuckle rolling over to face him. "I should get up and get ready for work." I say. "No you shouldn't." Corey mumbles. "I should, or else I'll get fired." I say shaking my head. "How would you get fired? You're the boss." Corey says. "I have a boss you know." I say rolling my eyes.

Corey groans, "That's good to know." I sigh knowing Corey wasn't going to let me go to work without a fight. "Corey I have to go." I say. "No." Corey says holding onto me tighter. "Corey, please darling." I say looking down at him. "You must promise me one thing." Corey says finally looking at me right in the eyes. "And what is that?" I ask. "You'll have lunch with me." Corey says. "Sounds like a wonderful plan." I say. "Okay, good." Corey says nodding.

I wait for Corey to untangle his arms around my waist, but he stays there. "Corey, I have to go." I say. "I told you to promise me one thing, I never said I'd let you go." Corey says. I sigh, "I swear Seager, when I do get out of this bed I will ruin your life." I threat. "Okay, okay." Corey says releasing me. I stand up finally and turn to Corey who stares at me.

"But one kiss please." Corey says. "Fine." I say chuckling and leaning down to kiss him. Corey smiles and pulls me onto the bed before flipping us over and making him be on top of me.

"Don't make me regret being late." I say glaring at him. "You won't, trust me." Corey says before flashing his million dollar smile.