Chapter 31 : Say Goodbye

10 likes and 2 comments for next chapter "Would you please hurry up?" I ask

"Would you please hurry up?" I ask. Corey glares at me and pulls out of the driveway. "Stop the car." I say. Corey does so and I get of the car and walk to the drivers seat. "Lets go grandpa." I say motioning him to get out, "I'm going, I'm going." Corey gets out of the car and walks to the passenger seat.
Once we were both in I speed off to the airport in a hurry to say my last goodbye to AJ.

When we get there I show off my badge hoping they'll let me through with Corey which is a success. We run to the terminal AJ's flight is. "Man who taught you how to run?" Corey asks out of breath. I chuckle and we turn a corner to only be knocked down by someone.
"Sorry- woah Julia what are you doing here?" I look up and see AJ and his wife Cindy. "What kind of question is that? I came to say goodbye." I say as he helps me up. AJ smiles and I bring him into a hug.

"You have done so much for this team AJ, and we all are thankful for your wise words and lessons you teach us. I wish you the best in Philly and make sure to stay in touch." I say rubbing his back. AJ nods and I pull out our hug. "Thank you for making me do better in the games Julia, you're a wonderful trainer and I wouldn't want anyone else. Make sure you keep an eye on the boys, especially Clayton. The guy is falling apart, make sure to be there for him since I won't be there for him anymore." AJ says. I nod and he smiles, "I wish you the best in your career." He says patting my shoulder. I smile and he picks up his bags.

"See you two later." AJ says to Corey and I before turning around to face his children. I smile and wave at them all before walking out with Corey. "How did Clayton take the news?" I ask. "They won't be on the same team anymore, but I'm sure they will stay as friends. He took the news pretty bad." Corey says. I frown and Corey grabs ahold of my hand. "We'll visit him in the morning." Corey says.

~*~
I wake up around ten and hurry out of bed to check on Justine. I walk downstairs and see everyone on the couch talking to Justine. "Um I'm going to leave soon to check on Clayton." I say. They all nod without looking at me and I sigh walking back upstairs to change.

Once I was finished I walk back downstairs and I'm greeted by Corey

Once I was finished I walk back downstairs and I'm greeted by Corey. "Hey." He says. "Hi." I say chuckling. "I'll go with you." Corey says picking up his car keys. I nod and he waves to the boys before leaving with me.

"So you guys were having a laugh this morning what was the all about?" I ask as we get into his car. Corey turns the car on and turns to me. "Your sister is pretty funny." Corey says as before backing out of the driveway. "Yes, she's very sarcastic at times." I say nodding in agreement.

"So, about the day you came to Dodger Stadium to find Justine why was Dylan there?" Corey asks. "If Justine wanted to escape Dylan would know all the ways she would, he's the one who taught her how to escape danger. So I called in a favor, I needed him to watch her and make sure she's safe at all times." I say. "Why couldn't you do it?" Corey asks.
I laugh and Corey turns to me confused. "Do I sense jealously?" I ask. "No." Corey says sitting up in his chair. I chuckle and Corey turns back to the road. "I just don't like the guy that's all." Corey says. "Why is that? You barley know him." I say teasing him. "Because he used you and that's all I need to know." Corey says placing his hand on my thigh. I smile at him and he pulls into the driveway of Clayton's house.

We both get out and walk up to the door. As I'm about to knock someone walks out. "Oh hello  Corey and Julia. Clayton's inside, I was about to do some grocery shopping." Ellen says surprised. I smile at her and she pulls me into a hug. "Catch you guys later." She says before walking to her car.

Corey and I walk inside and see Clayton and Cali on the couch. "Hey Clayton." I say smiling. "Hey." He says. "How are you doing?" I ask. "Horrible." He says turning to me revealing his red eyes from crying. I sigh and Corey looks at me wondering what to do and I roll my eyes making my way towards Clayton.

I sit down on the couch and place my hand on his shoulder. "Everything's going to be okay." I say giving him a small smile. "I know." Clayton says nodding. "You wanna come to the house?" Corey asks. "Yeah if it's okay." Clayton says. "Sure it is." Corey says nodding. Clayton nods and hands me Cali. "I'll go get ready." He says before standing up and walking to his room slowly. I look down at Cali and she smiles.

"Hey Cali." Corey says in a baby voice. I chuckle and Corey rolls his eyes at me before turning back to Cali. "Don't you worry she's just jealous she doesn't get this much attention." Corey teases. I scoff and Corey smiles. "What's there to be jealous of? I'm the one who gets to fall asleep next to you every night." I say rocking Cali back and forth. "Told you she's jealous." Corey says winking. I chuckle and soon Clayton comes jogging down the stairs. "I'll take my car." Clayton says grabbing his keys off the key rack. I nod and we all walk out of the house.

Clayton quickly locks the door and texts Ellen where he'll be before grabbing Cali from me and putting her in her car seat. Corey and I get into our car and pull out the driveway so Clayton can follow us.

~*~
When we get home Trayce is on the couch eating chips. "Hey guys." He says waving. "Hi." The three of us say. "Are we going to carpool tonight?" Trayce asks. I look over to Corey and he nods. "Yes, but not tomorrow." Corey says. "Why not tomorrow?" I ask raising an eyebrow. "I'm taking you out tomorrow." Corey says smiling. I blush and Clayton smirks at me. "You two are so cute." Clayton teases. I roll my eyes and we all join Trayce on the couch as he plays the Xbox.

"So how's work Julia?" Clayton asks. "It's really good actually." I say smiling. "That's good, and how's your sister doing?" He raises an eyebrow. "She's okay. Joc took her out for brunch so they should be back soon." I say checking my watch. Clayton nods and turns back to Corey and Trayce playing their dumb game.

"Did you want anything to drink or eat?" I ask Clayton. He shakes his head, "No thank you, but thank you for the offer." He says. I nod, "No problem." I say smiling. "Hey babe can I talk to you outside?" Corey asks. I turn to him and raise an eyebrow slightly confused. I nod and stand up to follow him to the backyard.

"So Melanie called me." Corey says pulling his phone out and showing my five missed calls from his ex. "Well, what did she want?" I ask raising an eyebrow. "She wanted to go for some coffee." He says nervously, "And also wants to meet you." I chuckle, "Corey I don't see what the problem is." "Julia you don't know how Melanie acts. That woman is crazy. Who knows what she'll do to you." Corey says. "What are you trying to say Corey?" I ask.

"That maybe just maybe Melanie wants your life in danger."