Chapter 14 : Sick

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" Joc asks. "Yes, I'm just not feeling well." I say. Joc nods and hands me my phone. "Okay we'll we're gonna get going." He says.

"Bring me back stadium food please." I say. "Top of my list." Joc says nodding. I smile and Corey walks into my room. "Hey." He says leaning down. "Stop right there buddy, I'm sick." I say. "Your point exactly?" He asks continuing to lean down to place a kiss on my forehead.

"And there goes your next two games. Filled with coughs and snot." I say. "Cheer up buttercup." Corey says combing my hair back with his hand. I smile and Clayton knocks on the door. "Let's go." He says. They nod before saying bye to me and leaving.

"Hey best friend." Mariana says walking into my room. "Hey." I say smiling. She smiles and sits down on my bed. "Kiké went to go get some medicine for you." She says.

"He's not playing tonight? I thought he was." I say. "I know but looks like he's even worst than what we expected." She says frowning. I do also and she turns to the big window.

"You guys got a way better view than us." She says looking out to Chicago's bright lights. "Clayton knows my love for Chicago so asked for a room with a view." I say chuckling.

Mariana nods and walks towards the window. "How's modeling?" I ask. "I'm spending time away from it for Kiké." She says nodding. "That's sweet." I say smiling.

I really think that she is meant for him. Since the day I met her I just knew it. She blushes and someone walks into the room. "Hey." Kiké says. I smile and he hands me a glass of water and two white small pills.

"Cold right?" He asks. I nod and he smiles proud of himself. "Thank you." I say swallowing the two pills. "Of course." He says winking.

"You two can stay here, I'm gonna take a nap." I say. Mariana chuckles and I smile. "If they come when I'm sleeping please wake me up. I ordered stadium food." I say.

Kiké burst out in laughter and I roll my eyes. "Don't blame a girl who eats well." I say. "Ya Kiké." Mariana jokes. I smile and set the glass of water down on the night stand beside me.

~*~
When I wake up I'm woken up by the light of the lamp next to me. "Stadium food as you wished." Joc says handing me a foil wrapped plate. I smile and quickly open it to find pasta with chicken and a hot dog.

"Thank you very much." I say. He nods and I smile as if I haven't ate for years.

"Hey baby." Corey says walking into the room. "Hi." I say smiling as he leans down to kiss the top of my head. "Wait, back up. When did this happen?" Mariana asks. Corey smiles and places his hand on my back.

"This week." I say smiling. "How cute." Mariana says. Corey pulls out his phone and shows me a selfie I sent him on snapchats earlier. "Please explain to me, how someone like you can be sick and still look better than someone who isn't." Corey says. "Oh my god you screenshot?" I ask. "I had to, it was art." He says winking. I smile and he tucks a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Gross." Joc says. Corey rolls his eyes and I smile. "So my brother is here with his wife of you want to go out to dinner tomorrow." Corey says. "Sure, sounds fine with me." I say nodding. Corey nods and I look at the time.

"You should get some sleep we get leave tomorrow morning." I say. Corey nods and leans down to give me a kiss on my lips this time. I gasps and Corey smirks.

"Someone is going to get sick." Joc says. "Oh well it was worth it." Corey says smiling as he slowly leaves the room.

~*~
The next day we leave on the bus. I go in the second bus with the trainers, managers, and coaches.

"Hey." Danny says sliding into the seat with me. "Hi." I say coughing. "You okay?" He asks. I nod and take a sip of my water.  Danny nods and I smile since I haven't seen him in awhile.

"You weren't at the game last night. Were you sick?" He asks. I nod and he frowns. "That's the worst." He says, "Yes it is." I say nodding in agreement.

Danny chuckles and we stay quiet for the rest of the drive.

~*~
We get to the hotel and it was now four people per room. "I'll stay with Julia, Joc, and Corey." Clayton says. "You sure?" Justin says. "Why don't we put the young ones together?" I ask. "I'll just get a separate room." I add.

"No I don't want you alone." Joc says. "I'll be fine." I say rolling my eyes. "No Julia." Joc says. I groan and he shakes his head.

"Okay Trayce, Joc, Julia, and Corey." Clayton says. Joc chuckles and I almost choke on my water. "Sounds good." Corey says. I glare at him and he shrugs.

"What about Charlie?" I ask. "What?" Charlie asks turning to us. "No thank you, I'm too old for the young ones." He says. I sigh and look to Clayton with a pleading look. He mouths a sorry and I glare at him.

This was going to be hell.