Chapter 36 : Yelich?

25 votes and 9 comments for next chapterWhen I get to the field with Justine she immediately runs of to her friends she invited

When I get to the field with Justine she immediately runs of to her friends she invited. The Angels were going against the Miami Marlins tonight, and I have a few friends on the Marlins.

I walk onto the field and Kole and Mike follow me. "Okay let's start stretching." I say pointing to the field. They nod and I start walking towards the boys who are batting. "Hello, for those who do not know me, I am your athletic trainer. My name is Julia Pederson, and yes I am the younger sister of Joc Pederson, who happens to be on the Los Angeles Dodgers." I say. They nod and one by one they all shake my hand.

"No way, look who it is." Some of the Marlins says walking up to me. I smile at them and they all bring me into a group hug. "How are you guys?" i ask admiring Christian Yelich, Dee Gordon, and Giancarlo Stanton. "We're doing okay." Dee says. "How about you? Christian asks. "I could be worst." I say shrugging.

Christian frowns and I laugh nervously. "Will dinner make up for me not being around lately?" Christian asks. I smile and Christian does also. "I think it will." I say nodding. Christian nods and points to the Angels dugout. "I will meet you there after the game." Christian says. I nod and he kisses my cheek before walking away.

Christian and I had a thing when Joc barley started his professional career, but I was always gone due to me being in the army so we both thought it was best to break up. We haven't spoke since, but I'm glad to see him again.

"Let's get this day over with." I say to myself sighing.

~*~
After the game Justine takes my car to go home so hopefully Christian will be able to take me home. I sit in the dugout waiting for Christian. I now had my Angel jersey off and just my jeans and a white blouse I had in my car. Justine loaned me her sandals since I was wearing Nike's.

"Hey." Christian says approaching the dugout. "Hey." I say smiling. "Ready?" He asks. I nod and he holds out his hand for me to take. I smile and grab ahold of it before we walk to the players parking lot.

Christian had an Uber waiting for us in the parking lot. "Ladies first." Christian says opening the backseat door. I blush and get into the car. Christian whispers something to the driver before leaning back in his seat and putting his seatbelt on.

"Where are we going?" I ask. Christian smirks as he turns to me. "That my friend is a secret." He says. "So I am getting kidnapped?" I ask. "No, you aren't a kid." Christian jokes. I roll my eyes and he laughs. "You'll love the place don't you worry." He says smiling. I shake my head and Christian chuckles before pulling his phone out and taking a picture of us.

"Beautiful." Christian says admiring the photo. I smile and Christian turns to me. "Always has and always will be."

~*~
When we get to the streets of LA Christian and I get out of the car and begin walking around. "Now, you must think what are we doing here? I happen to have glass seats for the LA Kings preseason game vs the Ducks." Christian says holding up two tickets. I smile, "You still like hockey right?" Christian asks. I nod, "Of course I do." I say smiling. "Good." Christian says taking my hand and leading me through the streets of LA.

~*~
"Thank you for tonight." I say as Christian and I stand at my front door. "Of course." He says smiling. I lean up to kiss his cheek before turning to unlock the door. As I open the door I turn to look at Christian one more time. He smiles and I close my eyes knowing I will regret this tomorrow morning.

I pull Christian into a kiss, Christian widens his eyes at first, but soon takes control and leads me into the house. I trip over a shoe and we both land on the floor. I laugh and Christian does also.

We quickly get up and I lead him into my room. "Are you sure?" Christian asks. "Yes." I say moving towards my bed as he slips off his shirt and begins to unbuckle his pants. I chuckle as Christian lays me on the bed and gets on top of me. "My god have I missed you Julia." Christian whispers before kissing me.

~*~
The next day I wake up and find myself in the arms of another. I turn and find Christian on his phone. "Hello, good morning." He says smiling. "Good morning." I say smiling. "Did you want to go and get some breakfast?" He asks. I check the time and shake my head, "I'm sure I can make us something." I say. Christian nods and sits up in bed before leaning down to get something off the floor.

He hands me his shirt and my jeans from yesterday. I blush and slip everything on before standing up and brushing my fingers through my hair. "You look beautiful like always." Christian says standing up and slipping on his hoodie. "Thank you." I say blushing. Christian smiles and we both make our way downstairs.

"Well, well, well." Trayce says as we pass by the living room. I turn and see the three boys on the couch joined by Marley. "What the hell." Joc says standing up. "We'll be in the kitchen." I say. "No you won't. What is he doing here?" Joc asks. "Leave him alone Joc." I say. "No Julia, you know what he did to you last time." Joc says staring at Christian. "Joc not now." I say rolling my eyes.

"He broke your heart!" Joc yells. I flinch from him yelling and stare at him. I turn to Corey and sigh. "Corey did too, yet you're defending him." I say. "Christian we can go to IHOP before I head to work." I say walking back upstairs. Christian follows me and Joc grabs ahold of my arm and I turn to him. "What?" I ask. "I don't like your attitude." He growls. "Clearly I don't care." I say pulling my arm from him. "You better fix it Julia." Joc demands.

"No, I don't have to. I'm an adult and you aren't in charge of me." I say. "If you're an adult then why don't you move out?" Joc asks. I place my hands on my hips and stare at him long. "Fine." I say walking upstairs. "You can't be serious Julia." I hear Trayce. "Call Clayton he knows what to do." Joc whispers.

"I am tired of this. I am treated like child around here, as if I have no feelings and don't have a good English vocabulary to speak for myself. I am tired of it and I basically don't give a fuck for what you have to say about that." I say walking up to my room.

"Are you sure you want to go out for breakfast?" Christian asks. "I'm guessing Joc made everything awkward for us." I say. Christian chuckles and I nod. "I'll call you tomorrow on my lunch break." I say. Christian nods and leans down to kiss my cheek. "Be careful, don't let them interrogate you." I say. Christian chuckles and nods. "I'll try my best." He says before leaving my room.

~*~
A while later when majority of my clothes were in suitcases I roll them downstairs and out to my car. "Woah what are you doing?" Clayton asks. "I'm moving." I say unlocking my car. "Okay, do you want to tell me why?" He asks as I open my trunk. "Sure, I hate this place and some of the people in it." I say throwing one suitcase in the trunk.

"Maybe you wanna slow down Julia." Clayton says. "Tell me what's going on." Clayton says grabbing the second suitcase and pulling it away from me. I shake my head. "Tell me Julia." Clayton says. My eyes begin to water as I try to find the right words.

"I just want to matter. I want to mean something to someone in this world. I have tried my best to make people happy, but what about me. I can't do the thing I love without making someone disappointed. I can't do anything. I don't feel like myself lately and I just want to disappear from everything. Corey, I loved him, but he broke me twice. I don't think I can ever forgive him for being so selfish and inconsiderate of me." I say crying.

Clayton sighs and pulls me into a hug. "You matter to me Julia. You matter to a lot of people. You mean the world to your brother. He may not say it all the time, but every time he looks at you he secretly thanks you for what you did. I mean you did your last tour in the army and came home for him. You went back to college to get a job closer to home for Gods sake Julia you matter! If you don't know that, how are people suppose to? And for Corey, yeah he hurt you twice, but three strikes and you're out right? I say you give him another chance, but if he hurt you that bad then I say he's out." Clayton whispers.

I nod and Clayton rubs my back. "Tonight you can stay at my house if you want." Clayton says. I nod and he helps me with my last suitcase. I wipe my last tear and wonder if I can ever get over my problems with Corey. I guess we'll never know until we get there.